test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod17 pvp HR style.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited August 2019 in The Wilds
Just played a few matches tonight, and talked with a couple of rangers I met to get a clue about stats.

So far, seems you need something approaching 50k in arpen, crit, and defence, at least as a rule of thumb/jumping off point. Decent, ie. upwards of 300k HP wouldn't go amiss. Slap on the healz mount bonuses. Don't worry about gear specifics just use whatever has a bunch of hitpoints and the right stats to get your 50ks. Prepare to die a lot.

Atm. My pvp loadout is trapper style, warden. Hindering/marauders/constricting. I haven't trashed my pve build so some of my enchants are junk, and my armor enchant is a fireburst lol. Early days, killed a few, got utterly murdered quite often. Will try a ranger loadout, but meh, I'd be surprised if it's a winner.

HR pros, great crit severity/damage potential. Mobility. Limited cc with crushing roots.

HR cons, squishy as usual, terrible dodge (tbh no dodge). Liable to get cc'd to death, but that seems to be everyone atm.

Anyway, better than last mod.
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Compared to mod 15 pvp feels very "skilless" - with archer you had to worry about positioning, and had a very specific rotation, now it's more spam and run, run and spam.
    edited August 2019
    Ok tried a ranger build tonight - utter utter rubbish. Forget sniping.

Forget trapper - went straight combat - switched in my pve barkshield, and boarscharge for knockdown and armor boost. Added more mount healz. Died less, survived a little more. Didn't totally suck. Which is a great improvement. πŸ˜…

Killed a few not well-geared people, scared the HAMSTER out of some well-geared people, got murdered by the bis people.
    Day 3 of pvp rampage. Getting the hang of it again, some really good close matches tonight.

Trying to bump crit up to 50k, about 45k and a bit now but already making a difference. Happy days.
    Day 4. Crit up to 50k and a bit. Met some really tanky types today. 40k arpen doesn't really cut it. Argh.
  • typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Good stuff @jonkoca. Following with interest. :)
    Extraneous Typo

Thnx typo, I'll post my build before the event, still a work in progress atm.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    monitoring this @jonkoca - I may have to queue up once in a while again.
    I aim to misbehave
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Look at Rookz build too. He is hard to kill and has high damage. Top hr pvper.
    edited August 2019
    Day 5, power down a bit, arpen up 7k to 46k. 16 kills in one match. We have progress. I need so much AD now lol.
    edited August 2019
    Day 6, got my asshamster handed to me multiple times today. As per usual, we remain a squishy class. Can I crowd-fund a shadowclad over here..? πŸ˜…
    edited August 2019
    Final stats, bumped up crit to 60k, and arpen at around 50k. Any furthur improvements will have to wait till ToMM becomes easy enough for non-elite teams to finish and I get some insanely lucky drops, ie. sometime next year lol.

Def is a solid 62k when buffed, power just over 70k. HP is a bit meh, at 290k and a bit.

Now glory is fixed I bought some pvp arbeiter gear, the chest of lights for free HP when attacking temp HP/sheilded toons. πŸ˜…

So how do HRs perform against other classes..?

1 vs. 1, with comparitive gear, fair chance against everyone - that said, pvp this mod is very lethal, so the winner is usually the player who gets their hits in first, and dodges cc.

Cws are a real problem because you can waste your big hitters on their damn overpowered shield, and if you do try to chip them a few times first... they cc you and rotate you. If you can survive that, you'll probably take them out. Cws are the class I wear a ward against put it that way.

Strangely, Gwfs also have really strong cc too this mod, and at a surprising range too, which means some dodging before you return fire. They are very hittable though. So hit them a lot.

TRs are squishier this mod, but they, as per usual, have an insane amount of cc. Not a lot you can do about it really, except take them by surprise, knock them down, swipe them with a rootstun, retreat and shoot them. If they get the drop on you, well just enjoy the view of spawncamp.

DCs can pack a punch, though their dps is slower than ours, and heal themselves, but if your dps outpaces their heals, they're usually dead. So storm in and hit them with everything you have all at once, shock and awe etc.

OPs and GFs, not many about really this mod. If you can get behind them, and knock them down, they are killable. Might take a couple of rotations though.

SWs. Again, not many about, the few I've met didn't seem very scary. Not anywhere near as scary as Cws. Jink about, hit them, try not to die, the usual.

1 vs. more than 1, you die. In a milli-second. So don't go being a hero. Friends are nice. Let that tank take the heat and try and flank.

In general, since I play with a barkshield, and buff my defence for a couple of hits, I can take quite a bit of early punishment and live to tell the tale. However if the fight goes over a few seconds (fights are very very quick this mod) I'm at a disadvantage. So my basic playstyle is zoom in, hit with everything I've got, zoom out at a random direction, fire from range, and pray to live until melee cooldowns refresh. Hey, sometimes it works lol.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
    Okay, now that ToMM rings have dropped down from insane to just ouch-expensive, I took up Sharpedge's offer and bought some new shiny rings. A hydra scale and a purple striking master, for a whopping 30k crit in total. So crit is up to 75k and arpen just over 50k. lost some hitpoints due to the loss of a defensive slot but hey, best defence is a good offence. πŸ˜…
    Well damn. No more pet bonuses, goodbye 6k crit and good bye 9k arpen. I'd spent a tonne on some new pets too. Ah well. I'll live I guess.

Hopefully some of the new boons will make up for it. See you in dom folks.
    edited September 2019
    Finally finished tales of old grind for another journal artifact for some extra HP. New campaign started today, the boons are sensible. Wow. Have 5 of the 6, just need wins. Stuck tacticals in all utility slots for incoming healing.

Pet bonuses seem strange, some pets worked initially, then didn't at all. Stardock arena seems glitchy. Anyway. Had quite a few excellent matches today, and my build performs well. Happy.
    Day one, 3rd place when I quit for the night. Happy days. Lotta OP sigils being used - sometimes you can't see the node for them lol.

New mod 17 pvp gear.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Tried PvP yesterday, not bad. Running a Hunter build and sniping is not what it was but still annoying for the other side.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I've not played since Mod 15... Kinda miss it. How is the game now?
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe