test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newest Companion Gear Location

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers,

Certain highly coveted pieces of companion gear that adventurers had hoped to find in Uprising content have actually been located in Chests of the Lost Adventurer (Zok boxes). Due to the desirable nature of these items, we will be increasing their drop rate in a near future patch.

Note: This gear is currently only available on PC. The gear, along with the increased drop rate, will go live for Console on the Uprising launch date (October 1).

Comments

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

Greetings Adventurers,

Certain highly coveted pieces of companion gear that adventurers had hoped to find in Uprising content have actually been located in Chests of the Lost Adventurer (Zok boxes). Due to the desirable nature of these items, we will be increasing their drop rate in a near future patch.

Note: This gear is currently only available on PC. The gear, along with the increased drop rate, will go live for Console on the Uprising launch date (October 1).

Ah no, with the rediculous rate that zok and his boxes already have? can u atleast decrease the rate of vanity pets from those boxes?
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    lardeson said:

Greetings Adventurers,

Ah no, with the rediculous rate that zok and his boxes already have? can u atleast decrease the rate of vanity pets from those boxes?
    I don't see what is bad about increasing the chances of getting new Companion Gear, unless you mean that an increase will likely not increase the chances measurably. I do, however, agree that the rate of rare vanity pets should be decreased somewhat.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

lardeson said:

Greetings Adventurers,

I don't see what is bad about increasing the chances of getting new Companion Gear, unless you mean that an increase will likely not increase the chances measurably. I do, however, agree that the rate of rare vanity pets should be decreased somewhat.
    nono, not the increase but adding them to zok's boxes lol, those boxes have a 99,99% chance of dropping vanity pets over anything else
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • jessechism918#2217 jessechism918 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Honestly am disappointed if this is the only way to get most or all of the pet gear. I have 4 characters I do daily expeditions with and have done so since the launch of the module,and still nothing. So honestly sucks that there isn't currency or just drop from mini boss on expedition to get the gears. You guys have the lowest drop rates and I speak from over 4 years of game play. Will make you really angry if your like myself and log in for 8 hrs a day and get nothing across all toons. Honestly as soon as I get the chance I'm jumping on other games because of this. Tired of playing hours on end and achieving nothing, like 100k astrial diamonds a day is all ya get and you can make one damn dungeon key per day how stupid. You took all our ways to make astrail diamonds away and try to force us to purchase zen by doing so. And making the only things with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> come from lockboxes. Should I continue.....
  • ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    RNG controls your fate in NW.....IT decides who advances and who does not. You can buy all the zen/ad you want, but if RNG does not favor you for whatever reason (real or imagined) your toon is as good as dead in NW.

Case in point, am going on 2 months and still missing oh alabaster on HR...increased the drop rate they said - sure, just RNG is not on my side. Consequently that toon is dead in the water.

And THAT....is the saddest part of this game.
  • spoonybard#3189 spoonybard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Does this announcement mean they will drop from BOTH the Zok boxes and from the ME's, or just from Zok?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Does this announcement mean they will drop from BOTH the Zok boxes and from the ME's, or just from Zok?

I think both FE and Zok as I've gotten three pieces of new epic companion gear on two toons total.
    I aim to misbehave
  • tardbathtardbath Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    maybe the 2 off slots are Zok only!!
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Is it me or it's not clear if the drop rate is already increased with this patch? or will be with another patch?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Speaking from a console perspective, a lot of people I play with are already sick of MEs and the crappy drop rates on the artifacts. IF I can muster someone to run an ME it's solely a watcher run attempt. But with the garbage RNG for the ghost to spawn a lot of us don't even want to bother with that now.

Most people I play with have moved on to other games until M17 hits because the grind got too annoying. Now another mod following the same format and you've put comp gear behind it. So now, I can try my RNG at a chance to get a vanity pet, a rank 6 potion, a comp piece, an artifact or nothing. The drop rates need to be heavily adjusted if this is the case because I honestly don't think I can store any more goristros.

There's not a whole lot of long term player retention planning going on in the boardroom is there?
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    I feel I need to chime in on this too. Been running M16 ME's since the module landed on 3 characters - M17 has added more. No thank you - running ME's on one character now as seriously - aside from AD + Pots where is the fun? I'm not AD rich - I run a dungeon or 2 for shards as even that is becoming tiresome with afk'ers, scaling and lemmings! I am now hoping that M18 brings some fun back into NW.

Thanks
    Black
  • spoonybard#3189 spoonybard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2019

There's not a whole lot of long term player retention planning going on in the boardroom is there?

In most F2P games, and probably where most of NWO's revenue comes from a player that comes in and plays a few days, have tons of fun, buys an Epic mount & companion or two, maybe a few bags, and might exchange some Zen for AD.
    A lot of those gets quickly bored with the grind and unrewarding loot, and moves on to the next game in a month or less.

Then there's the whales, there are a few in NWO, but it feels like that's more of a gacha thing.

• drizztdur78drizztdur78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    @nitocris83 pls lighten us up about what exactly was added to zok boxes...
    are you sure its "uprising" companion gear or possibly the 2 missing purple "undermountain" questline companion items belt+ring?!
    having uprising gear in mod16 content available would be hmm weird,so this is confusing.if topic is correct ME runes give ppl an early chance for m17 companion gear drops.

looking at the collections in game will tell ppl to go for expedition to get a chance on dropping new uprising 1010 gear.now from first looks it seems like FE drop shirt/pants and WE drop companion gear,zok boxes???

when looking into my bank there is only 1xoffense 1xdefense items currently, 990+1010.i been asking in alliance chat about other ppl experience with drops no difference.friends within other guilds and alliances same thing, everyone only dropping 1xoff 1xdef.im no math genius and certainly this is possible with the horrible rng but hearing of no one dropping the good stuff (double offense slots) and myself seeing 4x the same item -yeah,4x same 1010 companion ring (7 chars grinding)- that just sounds off.
    im really wondering if we have a watcher scenario here again - devs: its in the game,just look out for them...a few weeks later ninja patch...?!

pls double check if all new items made it to live server - i.e. 1010 2xoffense slot companion gear - and possibly add WE/FE or zok box to drop locations in collections to make things more clear!!!
    whoever made the descision to put more gear into zok boxes should reconsider that even if drop rates are increased.
    Post edited by drizztdur78 on
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    While boosting the Zok Box rates is a good start, I feel like another step would be a lot easier and incentivize people to run their dailies. After completing the Fragments quest, have a repeatable quest that takes the same amount of time to complete to get a box with a split-stat companion piece of your choice or a type of your choice that you don't have, ie: 2 offensive slots, 2 defensive or 1 offensive and 1 defensive slot. Then at the very least you're making progress toward the piece(s) you want or need. Too many things are stuck behind RNG and having people run 3/5/7 Expeditions per toon per day just for a low chance is a bit much.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User

160/5000
    From the last 200 boxes from "ZOK" 200x 5k ad and 200x potions .. In the past, some artifacts now fall out of nothing but basic garbage is not received.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I'm honestly disappointed by the GEAR they give with Trophies & Trinkets; most is garbage and the only thing to acquire is Potions.

I admit the potions are very good, but given the cost for Companion Gear they should offer more, like 980-990 Rare with a single Rune slot minimal, or a dual Rune slot for 1.75x the price at current and how long it takes to earn them.

But I agree with everyone the drop from ZOK boxes is horribly outrageous.

*sigh*
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    "A near future patch"

Is there a date set for this yet? August 29th or September 5th maybe?
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • evergreenzzevergreenzz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Seeing that zokboxes will be getting a look, listing vanity pets that come from it as unique items would be nice. As it is now many player's reward comes with the nuisance of having to discard their duplicates.