test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATED] Patch Notes: NW.115.20190729e.17

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2019 in Patch Notes (PC)
Patch Notes have been updated for clarity and additional information.

Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11238533
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "Major Heroic Encounters in Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley now appear roughly every 20 minutes, down from 90 minutes."

I hope they really fixed the Epic Encounters and not the Majors (intermediate)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    "Combat companions no longer deal an absurd amount of damage."

Huh? My redcap companion has been doing an acceptable amount of damage, but certainly not absurd. Was a certain class of companions doing this?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • poisd2strike#7598 poisd2strike Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

"Combat companions no longer deal an absurd amount of damage."

Huh? My redcap companion has been doing an acceptable amount of damage, but certainly not absurd. Was a certain class of companions doing this?
    IIRC, I think that Xuna was doing too much damage for some reason. Not sure about other Companions.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    So, how much longer do we have to wait for the healer companion fix, when will those start doing their job properly again?

Btw. Githyanki companion, Stats and Powers tab, there's only the rank 20 "Role Expertise" showing and nothing else.
    https://imgur.com/a/l6CYOOD
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Even with dmg that Xuna was doing i dont believe any player running TOMM next week would try to give her a try, now with dmg reduced all you will find there is augment again... was so nice this week to see combat pets around again...
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    u can still use them in Solo play lol, but i hope everyone hear agrees that a companion shouldnt be able to deal more dmg then a completely BIS character? Or is anyone here really thinking that this was ok?
    rafaelda said:

Even with dmg that Xuna was doing i dont believe any player running TOMM next week would try to give her a try, now with dmg reduced all you will find there is augment again... was so nice this week to see combat pets around again...

They would have, if you run with 10 Xunas, it doenst matter for the last dps check, if everyone in your group has 5x res sickness, they alone were more then enough to finish the trial easily. without anyone else even attacking
  • abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

u can still use them in Solo play lol, but i hope everyone hear agrees that a companion shouldnt be able to deal more dmg then a completely BIS character? Or is anyone here really thinking that this was ok?

rafaelda said:

They would have, if you run with 10 Xunas, it doenst matter for the last dps check, if everyone in your group has 5x res sickness, they alone were more then enough to finish the trial easily. without anyone else even attacking
    So "she" was the reason why TOMM was locked till saturday (till this patch arrives).
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    abwabwaba said:

tom#6998 said:

rafaelda said:

So "she" was the reason why TOMM was locked till saturday (till this patch arrives).
    atleast part of the reason i suppose
  • thekfdcase#5416 thekfdcase Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    The one and only thing Cryptic truly excels at: the relentless continued pursuit of un-fun via nerfs with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Just pull the plug on the game already.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Xuna wasn't the only companion doing absurd amounts of damage, she is just the most extreme, being able to out dps most players. They had to cut back all companions for now so they can take their time to find and adjust all the companions individually.
  • abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I summoned a few of my companions... they damage is down to 3/10 as before. Xuna is still way ahead of every single other so maybe it would be wise to check out Bloodbath power itself and reduce the damage instead of an instant global nerf.

Restoring combat companions powers back to atleast 7/10 as before would be still acceptable after all those heavy millions of investments into upgrades and enchantments and insignias.
    arazith07 said:

Xuna wasn't the only companion doing absurd amounts of damage, she is just the most extreme, being able to out dps most players. They had to cut back all companions for now so they can take their time to find and adjust all the companions individually.

Thinking at how much other things need a fix in the current state of the game, adjustments here and there + priorities... time is passing and we wont get younger either.
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Is it just me? It is now 11:12am PDT and the launcher still shows a red light (server down). Schedule was 7-9am PDT...

Update:
    Green now, 11:22am PDT
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    If by "Absurd amount of damage" Devs mean "way too low dmg" then it's a promising fix for dps companions (but I doubt that).
    Healer companions should be fixed. For me it's a priority of needed fixes after U16 completely messed up the whole game.
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Okay, so I just tested Xuna and my other striker companions. They are doing less than half of the damage that they did yesterday. On a positive note, some of them are still pretty good. I was expecting them to be relegated into uselessness given Cryptic's track record on balancing issues.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • planestrider#4331 planestrider Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ToNG is still absolutely impossible at the suggested gear level, and the final boss just got even harder, depending on insanely high dps, while nobody fixed dps (yes, I mean warlocks, amongst others). Instead, Hellfire Ring does not get buffs from Dust to Dust any more, which renders the build with the highest possible dps even lower than it was.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Not seeing a change in IWD Epic Heroics... maybe it was the Majors that they change...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    arazith07 said:

No offense, but do you even realise how "absurd" this sounds in light of the MONTHS of waiting for a healer companion update/fix? Those companions are pretty much broken since the Undermountain release, and all we got this far was one "we're looking into it." from the Devs.

What they should have done is taking a closer look at the "combat" companions, finding out which abilities were responsible for these extreme damage numbers and then bringing those abilities alone to a more reasonable level. This whole blanket nerf will only result in destroying what little choices in companions we had for that short while.

But perhaps it's high time to nerf Augments by 50% as well, then continue with a similar nerf to Stronghold Boons, and of course the Vorpal enchantment, and/or any enchantment/runestones above rank 10 too while we're at it?
    Some players around here are allways complaining about how easy everything is, so let's start swinging the Nerfhammer in all directions equally from now on... and then just keep those "changes" for a couple of months, before "adjusting" them "individually" someday in the near future.

At this point i highly doubt that we're going to see any improvements in the companion department before the next module, let alone a full rework of all combat companions. Most of the Devs are probably allready working on the new module right now, which means we'll probably only get a few minor fixes with the following updates until it's released.

I mean, just take a look at the Githyanki companion, part of the race pack you've to buy with ZEN from the shop, it's missing nearly the whole section of the Stats and Powers entries, and you really believe they'll find time to address all combat companions for a rework?

I'd descripe that as wishful thinking...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • darkanstormidarkanstormi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am not overly surprised that we are not seeing IWD epic HEs every 20 minutes - we didn't see them every 90 minutes before either. Assuming that they did mean epics when they said majors, there is still somethng else preventng them from appearing. Could this be other HEs in the same area, such as Mother Lode?
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

Dragonborn now properly have access to the Head slot.

I still can't add to appearance library the head item that I can add with non dragonborn characters.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    "Major Heroic Encounters in Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley now appear roughly every 20 minutes, down from 90 minutes."

Who cares about major heroic encouters? It's the epic encounters that are the issue.

I waited for about 100 minutes in Dwarven Valley for the Black Ice Beholder to pop. Nothing.

That's not acceptable.
    Post edited by fdsakhfduewhfiuf on
  • rafaelkamui#9956 rafaelkamui Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Several bugs in the game Neverwinter, after the update Unprising have started these errors. I wonder if the ARC team will fix it, because it sucks to play that way. I was very discouraged in playing Neverwinter because of these mistakes. I hope you read these messages and do something to correct them.
  • greenlionguard#4540 greenlionguard Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    It would help if they listed these bugs... Just saying...
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    nisckis said:

Dragonborn now properly have access to the Head slot.

I still can't add to appearance library the head item that I can add with non dragonborn characters.
    This is still not working, when is it going to be fixed. we shouldn't be penalized for doing a racereroll by having to refarm all the head transmutes we collected.

@nitocris83
    @mimicking#6533