test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sphere of Influence Quest

Hi,
for the undermountain quest "Sphere of Influence" it says talk to Runemaster Sinye to obtain unstable rune-etched orb but when I talk to her nothing happen...is there something I'm missing?
Tagged:

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Is this the quest you need to get 3 of each rune from undermountain HE? If yes, there is an equipment (the orb?) you can pick up during fighting in undermountain HE. Refine that. Give that to Runemaster.

One of my toon got the runes and I thought it was done. Went to runemaster and found out I did not have that equipment. Went back to HE. Fought and killed something. The equipment showed up in the notification. .....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sidhemagesidhemage Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue on two of my toons. It used to be in the store but it is not now.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    If it is about buying the orb from runemaster store, you need to use the 10 rune she gave you. Activate that in ME. Get the red stone from ME chest. Use the red stone to buy the orb.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cloverclue#4468 cloverclue Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I got 3 of each rune and refined the item i was supposed to, the problem is after that. I have the red stone but I cant buy anything with it at her store
  • cloverclue#4468 cloverclue Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I contacted support and it seems to be a bug, they said "I strongly encourage you to directly submit an in-game bug report as well by opening the Game Menu and select Help". If other people have this problem and they do this enough times, hopefully they will take care of it come next patch.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Had this happen Monday. Got the Chaotic etching and wasn't able to turn it in. Sinye's store has gone back to requiring multiples of the normal etchings again. It has been awhile, but as best I can remember, that was switched to only needing Chaotic to proceed. No intention of running MEs on this character, but stuck with a chaotic etching that can't be discarded.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • durgan#5731 durgan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Not fond of 'jump through hoops' requirements. If I have to grind something with a reasonable drop rate, fine, even though that wastes my playing time. But I'm also stuck at Sphere of Influence quest, and it's about clear as mud on what actually has to take place in order to complete. Real D&D had guides, while leaving things open enough to be interesting. NW seems to delight in being obscure, which is death by wasted effort for casual players.