test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Augment companions getting lost

Hello.

During the last days I had some bad experiences with my augment companion (Quasit) getting lost during LOOM. It get lost many many times, and is so common now that it has become very annoying.

Yesterday I lost it during the pull with a gelatinous cube and a beholder in LOMM, and the other top DPS said it happened to him too. It led to a wipe and to the party abandoning because "there was no dps".

Please can you make someting so this don´t happen? Or at least that it´s not happening all the time again and again? It´s very annoying to have to be looking every pull if you have your companion or not.

Comments

• devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    rarely happend
  • paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    It can rarely happen to you. To me is constantly.

Rare is the dungeon where there isn´t one moment when I start doing 5000 damage at-wills instead of 30000, and then hit C and see that I have the stats without the companion.

Most of the dungeons I run, and I run many, happens at least once.

You perhaps are lucky or just don´t realize, I don´t khow. But to me it happens very often.
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    If u run fast, turn corner, jump over places, drag mobs around and stay in combat ur pet of any kind can easily get stuck.

Specially the first part of LoMM there is many start and things to jump over, and the augment will stay behind until u get x away from them, at that point it will teleport to u, unless ur incombat. Since LoMM often doesnt have big distance between the mobs, but many places to jump and walk around thats why u see the pet missing.

I key bound the update automatic skin button so that i can reset my pet and force teleport it to me even in combat.
    fyrstigor said:

I key bound the update automatic skin button so that i can reset my pet and force teleport it to me even in combat.

Thanks for the answer.

Interested in this, specially if it works in combat. I don´t know how to bind keys, but I can search.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Wait! OP was talking about augment pet.
    1. Can the running augment pet get lose?
    2. More importantly, if it got lost, will its transfer stat be affected?

If 2 is true, may be I should go back to augment stone.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    It always happens in lomm before you get to the beholder and cube room. The augments don't jump over that ledge, ever. I always stop to resummon there. I have seen people move from the bulette pup to a stone because they're always floating by your head instead of running along the ground..
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

They can die and not come back automatically. Go to yawning portal, get on the edge of the well, and your pet can commit suicide by jumping into the well. Bye bye pet and stats.

While I have not seen my augment pet get lost in LoMM, quite often, my vanity pet can't be seen anywhere in LoMM.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    My augment is not able to climb the stairs, and gets stuck everytime
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have had to resummon augments a lot in Barovia after riding ling distances. Have to do it consistently when going into the Tyranny area in Whispering Caverns. It's also happened when jumping around on rocks in Terminus Level.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

Can you drop the command here?
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User

Ioun Stones have just as much issue with falling behind and dropping your stats as walking Augments do. If you watch your map you'll see that the Ioun Stone has a separate entity that follows you just like the walking Augments. I'd argue that Iouns are actually worse cause visually they appear to be flying around your head, but actually they are chasing behind you can can get lost. At least with running Augments you can visually see if you left them back at the corner of tree root junction and werewolf walkway.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Happens before cube almost every time augment or not, now every time groups get there they stop to resummon.

Same happens last boss, if you look at closed entrance to arena after combat begins you can see up to 3 companion/augments at times just hanging out. It can also jump over wall for no reason before combat also. Even resummoning companion before cutscene doesn't prevent this. It's best to just wipe since undercapped and 1 shot deaths, low crit and low power.

Issue has been around with tigers, harper bard, etc. For a while in certain zones, outpacing your comp, erratic spawn on instance, codg was a prime example.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
    blag001 said:

fyrstigor said:

Can you drop the command here?
    I have tried with but "GenSendMessage Pets_Summon_Unsummon_Button Activate"

But it doesnt work in combat. Still searching for the "Update automatically" check bind command.
    GenSendMessage Pets_Activemenu_Resummon clicked
    pitshade said:

GenSendMessage Pets_Activemenu_Resummon clicked

That works out of combat, but not in combat
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2019

#1 and #2: Yes and yes. Happens more often than you think. Easier to notice it when soloing stuff like Expeditions. All of sudden, you are doing low damage, few crits, etc. and you wonder why until you look at your stats. I've noticed this on Bulette Pup, Quasit, Simril Star and Deepcrow Hatchling.

> @paulamyo#4926 said:
    > (Quote)
    > That works out of combat, but not in combat

Apparently a change made this patch prevents it from working in combat.
    The pet update keybind no longer works in combat with yesterdays patch. And pets will still get stuck, unable to jump stairs. Only solution now is go slow, do the dungeon group by group. Still some places specially in LoMM pet will get stuck anyway around stairs and before the beholder / cube room. So u have to kill all the mobs before so ur out of combat and able to fix it before u enter.
    So no solution?

If your companion get lost as allways because it cant go up stairs or just turn a corner, and you enter a difficult pull, you are screwed.

If the companion weight on the stats wasn´t so big it would be less problematic, but as it is... you became near useless in endgame content if your companion get lost.

Can developers please take some action over this? Its very annoying.
    Atm only solution is knowing where ur pet get stuck and dont enter the next room before u fixed it.

This problem is an old problem that have always been around. Pets jumping off, pets getting stuck on things. LoMM was just the first dungeon i really experienced it cause the dungeon isnt a long line walking, its lots of corners. So ur pet isnt far enough to auto teleport to u, as it does in most other dungeons.

What they should do is make the bonding + augment bonus not depend on distance. Or shorten the auto teleport the pet does, and let it teleport while ur in combat.

TONG always had the problem that if u used an attacking pet there was a good chance it would get throw off the platform. We depend on pets and bondings. The game is made to fit us having bondings, so having pets stuck or dead due to game design we cant do anything about is very very bad.

If u dont have any fix for pets in the near future, u should revert the update pet command back to the way it was before. Give us an option so we can deal with ur mistakes in design.
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    This happens also in last phase in lomm last boss, when you have to take down the pillars, basically augments run up the stair and behind the pillar so it gets enough far away to not grant the stats, quite frustrating
    Post edited by midnightita on
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    My augment, too, gets lost somewhere between the tunnel with 2 Shadows and the Demilich and the room with a Beholder and the Gelatinous Cube. It doesn't seem to matter which augment it is because even the ioun stones stop working, though they still circle around your character.