test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

broken battle horn since Uprising release

getafix#6052 getafix Member Posts: 18 Arc User
So, after Uprising went live, my Ranger character used one of the Chipped Seigebreaker's Battle Horns. It worked, BUT right away a red error message appeared in the middle of the screen, scrolling endlessly. the message = " You cannot unequip this item while it is on cooldown. "
In addition - in the chat window, two lines appear and also scroll endlessly, one in yellow followed by one in red. The yellow line =" [System Notify] You used Chipped Seigebreaker's Battle Horn. " Under that the red line =" [Error] You cannot unequip this item while it is in cooldown."

Ok, so I did not attempt to unequip the item, the messages appeared instantly as soon as the horn was used, and continue still, a whole day later, to scroll endlessly in the middle of the screen and in the chat window, rendering gameplay next to impossible and making the chat window useless for anything else.

Comments

• sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    Did you try to unequip it after CD? :/
  • getafix#6052 getafix Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Yes. It still cannot be unequipped, or used again for that matter. Even now the error messages continue to scroll endlessly.
    The Chipped Seigebreaker's Battle Horn is a one time use item, use it and it should disappear. The Ranger had 12 of them equipped. Now there are 11, so that part seems right, but they cannot be used again in other words cannot simply use up the remaining 11 and be done with it.
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    I also got this problem on a consumable horn searching forum now for workarounds before submitting a ticket.
  • lucius#0850 lucius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi,
    same error, chat window overflowing after using a chipped horn out of the quickslot 6. Tried changing, using the stack in and out of combat and while taking damage to no effect.
    2 days now, toon is unplayable. i submitted a bug report ingame.
    If someone finds a solution keep us posted here please.
    Issue continuing still - Also submitting a bug report ticket ingame.
  • mjdecker55#8855 mjdecker55 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same problem. Submitted bug report but no response. You can still play if you move the notification area off to the side so it is not in your way, but you miss all messages and it is IRRITATING!
  • djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    yep, cannot change loadout, must do lomm with dc dps for first minutes...
    Missing the messages makes Party play, Alliance chat, Zone chat, etc., absolutely impossible.
    Don't expect a response to a bug report ticket, especially this one.
    It likely affects only a tiny percentage of the millions of players so it will probably just get added to the list of minor things that may or may not get looked at someday, if there's time that is, between hammering out new content. Hope I'm wrong , but...
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    This is being addressed and we hope to roll it out in a future patch.
  • nonewwweeeenonewwweeee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I also have this error. How long before gameplay is returned to normal? The constant stream of ERROR is terrible.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Oh, me too. Good that I'm not alone in this :p

For me its on the permanent battlehorn (alliance something)

E: what's not do-able for me, even with notifications out of the way, is some WEs (or the quests) cause on the map, my notifications are right in the middle again, so I can't access anything thats in the center of the map/screen. Did I miss something to put aside as well, or is it just like that?
    Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -
  • mjdecker55#8855 mjdecker55 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Oh, me too. Good that I'm not alone in this :p

For me its on the permanent battlehorn (alliance something)

E: what's not do-able for me, even with notifications out of the way, is some WEs (or the quests) cause on the map, my notifications are right in the middle again, so I can't access anything thats in the center of the map/screen. Did I miss something to put aside as well, or is it just like that?

Yeah - some screens still show it in the middle - like changing maps...
  • annika#9274 annika Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same issue with one of my toons. Discarded the Chipped Seigebreaker's Battle Horns on my other toons so they are playable. Unfortunately it is my main that has the problem. A fix in the near future would be greatly appreciated.
    Sadly, it would be prudent to unequip All battle horns, consumable and permanent, from all characters until this future patch happens ...
  • omgmundoooomgmundooo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Please fix that bug, or destroy the Chipped siegebreaker Battle horns, this is unplayable. I can't follow the chat too.
  • bigphatie#1960 bigphatie Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Ok, I will chime in with a "me too" as well. My Ranger has a Chipped Siegebreaker Battle Horn in slot 5 of potions tray. I get the same "You cannot unequip this item during a cool down" scrolling endlessly in chat and also in the middle of my screen.

I too, am stuck / unable to progress to do Warden Expeditions because the messages in the middle of my screen makes going to different zones in the middle of the map unaccessable. We'll probably have to wait for some future patch as I did with my Fighter's Craig Cat that, one day after a patch had it's Mount Insignia Bonus disappear. It eventually was fixed in a future patch, but it took a few weeks. Lucky for me, this isn't my main, but I did work really hard the previous weekend to get him through UM campaign so I could run new content on 2 toons. Now, sadly, I'm back down to one.
    You can move the error messages out of the middle of the screen to make single player gameplay a bit easier to take, (press escape and choose Rearrange HUD), but you can do nothing about the overflowing chat box, so mulltiplayer gameplay is sadly not possible.
  • kitismi#3031 kitismi Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Ok, I will chime in with a "me too" as well. My Ranger has a Chipped Siegebreaker Battle Horn in slot 5 of potions tray. I get the same "You cannot unequip this item during a cool down" scrolling endlessly in chat and also in the middle of my screen.

I too, am stuck / unable to progress to do Warden Expeditions because the messages in the middle of my screen makes going to different zones in the middle of the map unaccessable. We'll probably have to wait for some future patch as I did with my Fighter's Craig Cat that, one day after a patch had it's Mount Insignia Bonus disappear. It eventually was fixed in a future patch, but it took a few weeks. Lucky for me, this isn't my main, but I did work really hard the previous weekend to get him through UM campaign so I could run new content on 2 toons. Now, sadly, I'm back down to one.

I can say "Me too", and almost word for word what BP said above. Ranger, just got through undermountain. Hopefully it'll be fixed sooner rather than later.
    Don't forget to submit a bug report ticket.
    press escape - choose Help - choose Report a Bug - choose Items - fill in the blanks
    The more tickets submitted the better the chances it gets fixed sooner rather than later, so each and every ticket counts.
    edited August 2019

You can move the error messages out of the middle of the screen to make single player gameplay a bit easier to take, (press escape and choose Rearrange HUD), but you can do nothing about the overflowing chat box, so mulltiplayer gameplay is sadly not possible.

Yeah, that moves the error message box out of the way *except* when I use signpost - it's back in the middle of the map, so I'm still stuck if I want to go to a zone / place in the middle of the map. Thanks for the try.

press escape - choose Help - choose Report a Bug - choose Items - fill in the blanks
    The more tickets submitted the better the chances it gets fixed sooner rather than later, so each and every ticket counts.

I already submitted a ticket Friday AM / EST, didn't hear back for a couple days. They suggested I come to forums to post a bug report, so that's what I did. And I was not surprised to see that others are having the exact same issue and who had already posted about it here. Again, thanks for the try.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Yeah, that moves the error message box out of the way *except* when I use signpost - it's back in the middle of the map, so I'm still stuck if I want to go to a zone / place in the middle of the map. Thanks for the try.

I already submitted a ticket Friday AM / EST, didn't hear back for a couple days. They suggested I come to forums to post a bug report, so that's what I did. And I was not surprised to see that others are having the exact same issue and who had already posted about it here. Again, thanks for the try.
    So did I, and same. So yeah, all thats left is to wait and hope.

Thanks everybody for trying to help.

E: I might have a work-around for the map... click on those icons in the middle of the map you couldn't access so far, and while still holding down press escape.
    - bye bye -
  • highc8h18#5103 highc8h18 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Suffering with the rest of you but with 2 toons, one since Saturday last and the 2nd tonight. I submitted ticket, received polite note in return and advised to come here to try to flag it with developers. Appears to be developer issue. Unsure why my ticket was referred to forum, probably Gm cannot fix, but they promised to pass on details. Now cannot play at all other than just basic workshop stuff. Bring on the fix quickly before my VIP runs out.

So did I, and same. So yeah, all thats left is to wait and hope.

Thanks everybody for trying to help.

E: I might have a work-around for the map... click on those icons in the middle of the map you couldn't access so far, and while still holding down press escape.
    Ahhhh yeah, I just found the same thing too~!!! The work-around is this --> once you are on the map, you hit "escape" and the messages go away so you can click on any zone on the map. We can still go through the content now, even though talking in chat is completely hosed.

Well, I've found sort of a work-around for that too...you can still chat, but instead of trying to follow msg's on their way up in-between all the error msg's, just scroll to the top. You will have a delay as they work their way up, but you will be able to follow conversations that way. And definitely, turn down the volume or you get a barrage of the warning thuds as each error msg goes off as well.

• kitismi#3031 kitismi Member Posts: 9 Arc User

And definitely, turn down the volume or you get a barrage of the warning thuds as each error msg goes off as well.

There's a workaround for this too. In your audio settings, there's an option to adjust volume of JUST the UI sounds. :smile:
    Well you're right, the GM can't help with this, it isn't a GM issue. That's why I didn't advise to choose "Request GM Help", I advised to choose the next item on the menu, "Report a Bug". Do that and when the ticket is submitted it will be passed to the developer and you will be advised that you will not get a reply to the ticket.
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User

Greetings,

@getafix#6052 Basically the Customer Support team does not manage the bugs, except some bugs that only concern some players. Reporting the bugs in official forums is enough and it is even the best solution. Make sure to explain as clearly as possible the issue and if possible to give as much detail as possible, so the community team will be able to understand, investigate and escalate the issue as soon as possible to our beloved dev team! Thank you!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    Thanks for the clarification :)
    edited August 2019
    Right..ok, submitted bug report in-game per your suggestion. Thanx.

Ya, Report a Bug seems to go to people who don't even handle bugs. Big waste of time. Sorry about that. Seems these forums are the only way.