test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warden Expeditions DO You Solo them? [And FEs]

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
As the title suggests, with the new Warden Expeditions [WE] do you solo them or group up?

I have been soloing them which is OK but a bit tedious but I get a guaranteed Companion drop from the last boss [it seems].

So should I group for these and if so is the final boss drop given to everyone in party?
-----------

About the FEs - I have soloed two of these so far. One boss was relatively easy [a large coiled up snake] the other one was some sort of fighter type with a dragon side-kick which was a bit more of a challenge.

But the companion drops were real nice 1010 item level I think?

Again, is that final drop piece given to everyone in party or is it rolled for etc.?

Thanks for your help in this!

Comments

• jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    Drops from WE/FE are 1 per group, so imo it's better to solo or set loot to "Party Leader Decides". That said, I've only partied for a handful and every time I've set for "Party Leader Decides" with my thresholds at Uncommon, nothing has dropped.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I solo; don't need the drama ;)
    I aim to misbehave
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Only one person gets the end drop, so yeah, don't do it as a group unless you're going to help somebody.

Also, I haven't had any issues till now but today I found myself having to use the stone (of health), that too multiple times for each expedition. I almost never had the need to restore health till now, especially for these... Had me wondering if I suddenly got unlucky or if something changed :P
    FrozenFire
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    The problem I saw on launch day is that I saw players asking for groups and specifying that the last person needed to have the quest. I think there were players who were running them on repeat to collect other players drops. I almost did this unknowingly to another player when I asked if they wanted to run the WE together first day and they said they were going to do them solo. Glad they did since next day I heard that players weren't getting their drop when grouping up and kept seeing players saying they needed someone with the WE/FE quests. I thankfully have ran all mine individually.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I only get 2 blue shirt and pants from my 2 FE... And yes, I soloed it
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Only one person gets the end drop, so yeah, don't do it as a group unless you're going to help somebody.

Also, I haven't had any issues till now but today I found myself having to use the stone (of health), that too multiple times for each expedition. I almost never had the need to restore health till now, especially for these... Had me wondering if I suddenly got unlucky or if something changed :P

YES I noticed this very recently. Had a much harder time last 2 WEs I ran. I thought the mobs were hitting much harder... but then it could be my laziness ;)

And thank you for the confirmation. No way I would party up thanks very much, way too toxic.

Thank you
  • planestrider#4331 planestrider Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I solo even if it's a pain in the hindside and sometimes (at 2.5k) impossible due to overpowered bosses who respawn, as I experienced with Githyanki WEs. I did not solo FEs so far since I believe it's not worth the grind, and my time is limited.

Dear Devs, please change the boss loot drop to one per player!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I solo with one rune in ME, WE and FE. I only have done FE once.

The final boss (the snake type one) of that FE encounter was weird. Since it was my first time, I didn't know what to expect. The first 50% of its HP was too easy. IMO, unreasonable easy, Basically, my Rogue got inside it and kept on hacking and nobody bother to damage my rogue. My Rogue slowly hacked its HP to 50% without "interference". The 2nd half was harder but not that bad. I mainly did not (and still do not) know what I was doing. Once, I rolled inside. I could not go outside. I started to get more hit and more damage, trapped inside and died. However, I still could get its HP down. So, I died three times and started to do something more sensible. Stay outside. Kill the adds. Then, hit the boss. I got a 1010 gear.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I run Warden Expedition in solo with 1 rune and I have done 2 Fragments expedition in solo with 1 rune.

The last Bosses on Fragment expedition are more challenging than ME and WE.

I don't know your class, but on my Wizard, I had no problem with the fighter type Boss with the Dragon, I only needed to dodge a lot and be patient because it take a lot more time than usual, those Bosses have a lot of HP.

For the Big "Snake Type Monster" I had more problem, the first time I tried it, I used only single target power and I died because I was not able to take care of the mobs.

I switched for a more AoE setup and I was able to finish it, but with the help of 2-3 Stone of Health.
    I don't understand all the attacks of the snake, with a lot more practice and when I will know all attacks and how to avoid it maybe I will not need Health stone.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Solo
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    SW. the Fe boss difficulty was the other way round for me, the snake was brutal until i figured 'stay the hell out of the green poison- hit from range' and jump in to slow and aoe the adds.
    the dragon knight was a toe-toe-toe breeze casting brood/fiery bold/killing flame /vampiric embrace/staff artifact and repeat.
    i lost only 5% health the fight took under a minute.
    its kinda sad that players are hanging around trying to dupe people into joining groups so 'they' can basically steal their phats.cryptic should make instances like these SOLO, or have items drop for all the team. i find it ridiculous that they didnt foresee this happening.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

YES I noticed this very recently. Had a much harder time last 2 WEs I ran. I thought the mobs were hitting much harder... but then it could be my laziness ;)

And thank you for the confirmation. No way I would party up thanks very much, way too toxic.

Thank you
    Okay, I paid attention to my sheet at times when it felt harder today and sure enough, all/most of my stats got drastically lower. I'm not sure why this is happening though, I didn't have to mess with the companion or anything, they came right back up after the fights. I don't know if there's some kind of a debuff to the illithid attacks or what (I didn't find any debuff icons)... Maybe augments are capable of temporarily not giving stats (CCed or whatever)?
    FrozenFire
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I assume that using a Rune increases the power of the enemies in WE/FE. I run one AD rune in WEs, and no rune in FEs (for speed). Always go solo & get a drop every time. I'm not sure what's causing power drops for others, but it sounds like Augments dropping or getting out of range is a widespread problem. I wish they had added some unique chest rewards, like a chance at Undermountain rings for using runes in WE/FE, such as:

W/Es
    1 rune - tier 1 Undermountain ring (10% chance)
    2 rune - tier 2 Undermountain ring (20% chance)
    3 rune - tier 3 Undermountain ring (30% chance)

F/Es:
    1 rune - tier 2 Undermountain ring (10% chance)
    2 rune - tier 3 Undermountain ring (20% chance)
    3 rune - tier 4 Undermountain ring (30% chance)

(leaves the tier 5 Undermountain rings for Tomm)
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    1x rune Solo. Some of the bosses are interesting fights, but nothing unbeatable. 24k HR is my main, but hoping my 20k wiz alt will be able to manage them too.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Always 0 rune solo runs. I just want to get them done asap. Zok rng is not worth my time.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    Yes, I solo them with 1 rune.

Since it is now confirmed that double offense slot companion equipment comes from Zok chests, Zok chests are *very* desired.
    edited August 2019
    I got an Artifact from Zok chest in mod 16. It worth over half a million in AH back then. I think Zok chest is desirable and it gives AD too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Yes, I solo them with 1 rune.

Since it is now confirmed that double offense slot companion equipment comes from Zok chests, Zok chests are *very* desired.

Do you know if double offense slot companion equipement only comes from Zok chests or it's possible to have a drop from Boss in WE and FE.

Because if it comes only from Zok chests, I will stop to run WE without rune on my alt, and I will start to run 3xME with 1 rune every day again with my Main to open more Zok chests each day.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    > @gildriador said:
    > (Quote)
    > Do you know if double offense slot companion equipement only comes from Zok chests or it's possible to have a drop from Boss in WE and FE.
    >
    > Because if it comes only from Zok chests, I will stop to run WE without rune on my alt, and I will start to run 3xME with 1 rune every day again with my Main to open more Zok chests each day.

You can also get 2x offense companion gear from finishing the "Teachings" quest. Single offense stat, but double offense slot.
    edited August 2019
    thestia said:

> @gildriador said:

> (Quote)

> Do you know if double offense slot companion equipement only comes from Zok chests or it's possible to have a drop from Boss in WE and FE.

>

> Because if it comes only from Zok chests, I will stop to run WE without rune on my alt, and I will start to run 3xME with 1 rune every day again with my Main to open more Zok chests each day.

You can also get 2x offense companion gear from finishing the "Teachings" quest. Single offense stat, but double offense slot.

He meant high item level such as 1010 with 2 offense slots. There are lot of companion gear with 2 offense slots but they are not as great.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

thestia said:

> @gildriador said:

> (Quote)

>

He meant high item level such as 1010 with 2 offense slots. There are lot of companion gear with 2 offense slots but they are not as great.
    It is (mostly) confirmed by the devs:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1251267/newest-companion-gear-location

Nobody has been able to get the 1010 double offense slot companion gear from WE/FE.
  • maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Knowing them after some time it will turn out that this is another mistake from a large pool.
    For me it's sick that it's more profitable for you to go solo than with friends or other people.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2019

thestia said:

> @gildriador said:

> (Quote)

>

The companion gear you get from Yrlakka's Heirloom box has 1010 companion gear with single stats on them. If the stat is offensive, you get 2x offense slots. If it is defensive, you get 2x defense slots. If you were to complete the "Teachings" quest on 2 characters, and select 2 items from this box, it would be the equivalent of getting 2 of whatever combination of stats from the new companion gear. @gildriador wanted to know if there's any reason to continue on with WEs. If you are interested in having account bound 1010 companion gear that doesn't depend on RNG, I would suggest finishing this quest with as many characters as you need.
  • pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I commend making them better to solo. If you need people to hold your hand, you shouldn't get good drops all the time anyway.

Further to that end since it's impossible to solo TOMM, I hope the gear from TOMM will be made available at Zok like LOMM?

No point in cheesing off the 75% of the player base who are casual at the expense of the hardcore. Elvis said this.
  • laimcelllaimcell Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    jmiller84 said:

Drops from WE/FE are 1 per group, so imo it's better to solo or set loot to "Party Leader Decides". That said, I've only partied for a handful and every time I've set for "Party Leader Decides" with my thresholds at Uncommon, nothing has dropped.

***THIS*** Any answer from DEVs on this? it's a serious issue and goes on actually for a long time
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    I solo them all. People are rarely inviting for groups anyway and there's no reason to take a chance on losing loot I earned.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    laimcell said:

jmiller84 said:

***THIS*** Any answer from DEVs on this? it's a serious issue and goes on actually for a long time
    Would not surprise me if it is WAI. These are the highest item level companion gear available. Devs probably don't want these to be obtained as easily as ME gear.
    edited August 2019
    thestia said:

thestia said:

> @gildriador said:

> (Quote)

>

The companion gear you get from Yrlakka's Heirloom box has 1010 companion gear with single stats on them. If the stat is offensive, you get 2x offense slots. If it is defensive, you get 2x defense slots. If you were to complete the "Teachings" quest on 2 characters, and select 2 items from this box, it would be the equivalent of getting 2 of whatever combination of stats from the new companion gear. @gildriador wanted to know if there's any reason to continue on with WEs. If you are interested in having account bound 1010 companion gear that doesn't depend on RNG, I would suggest finishing this quest with as many characters as you need.
    Thank you for the info.
    I got my first Yrlakka's Box this morning with my Main. Now that I know that I can choose a 1010 IL single offense stat companion gear with 2 offense slots bind on account, I will follow your suggestion and I will play the intro quest on my 7 others alt, to choose different useful companion gear.