test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOMM a week early ?

2»

Comments

• beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User

Well if it was a bug or untended accident. I'd avoid doing it personally. Was smart doing that for barovia because a friend of mine pmed me a couple of times trying to get me to join in on it given the context of it I knew it was a bad idea and avoided getting involved with it.. So Glad I avoided getting involved with it. He didn't get banned but a friend of his maybe a real life girlfriend got perm banned over that. And she only took part not as much maybe. So I imagine it was random the punishments over that. BUt yeah Just don't do it. Let them fix it. Unless they say they will allow it and take advantage of it til you can like that one patch notes said on the characters receiving what is supposed to be an account wide daily instead of charater daily on that one thing. Unless the devs says its okay I'd not do it. Better to not risk your account then to risk it. Given I think they might take this stuff more seriously I'd imagine if it was done on purpose people and accounts getting the same thing that happened with the hunt thing. Given they had a message saying they are looking into it and accounts that were involved with it. I'd imagine its something one should avoid exploiting. Better safe then sorry that is how I would go about it if I was you.

Best answer by far.. an exploit is an exploit - to ban or not to ban is in the hands of the devs. Understandably peeps helping guildies can complete the quest unwittingly.. but when .. as far as i am aware, it has always been stated 12 days to unlock tomm then suddenly being able to enter after 6 days should ring some loud alarm bells... as it did for me.
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    This game does not come with a manual. It has been said multiple times that things are left for the players to figure out. When Mod 16 came out everybody farmed ME's, not just 3 times a day because of the Coalesced Magics. With hard content like in Mod 17 most people need help doing their quests, WE's and FE's. This is no exploit because nowhere does it say how we are supposed to do anything. It's a bug, but not created by us...
  • beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    agreed,, this is a bug... we can't create them - of course... the only thing the players can do is exploit a bug or not exploit it.
  • spoonybard#3189 spoonybard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

Its locked now, and it looks like noone did finish it, so u can all calm down. This wont be huntgate 2.0

Hey, weren't you in the group that provided a lot of feedback when it was on preview?
    Maybe you even got a few of your own suggestions about difficulty level in?
    Anyways, all's well that ends well, right?
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Is there any official word about what we should do now? ToMM is offline, so can people come in and help in FEs? Running with people who also have the quest doesn't work since the boss drops only one piece of gear for the whole party, and the Illithid end boss is *rough* to solo on tiny alts.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Well only Cryptic could say, but the post by Nitocris mentioned only people who accessed the trial. It said nothing about people getting the extra fragment.

"We are aware of some players able to access the new trial ahead of schedule. This is not intended behavior and we are looking into this issue, including accounts that accessed the trial early."

Grouping up isn't their concern, trying to do the trial is. That isn't possible now so I would assume you are safe to help out guildies and friends.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • natethedragonnatethedragon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I was running content and helping my friends, by the time we realized it was actually sticking some shard things in my pack then I am told I may be exploiting?

You got to be kidding me........

I did not go to tower but i did not even know we were time locked.... how would I know that?
    Only reason i know any of this is the You tubers like Nova.

• therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Well only Cryptic could say, but the post by Nitocris mentioned only people who accessed the trial. It said nothing about people getting the extra fragment.

"We are aware of some players able to access the new trial ahead of schedule. This is not intended behavior and we are looking into this issue, including accounts that accessed the trial early."

Grouping up isn't their concern, trying to do the trial is. That isn't possible now so I would assume you are safe to help out guildies and friends.

Actually she said "able to access the trial". That state is reached when you got the four fragments and finish the quest. Anyway, you are right, only Cryptic can say, all we can do is guess.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited August 2019

pitshade said:

Actually she said "able to access the trial". That state is reached when you got the four fragments and finish the quest. Anyway, you are right, only Cryptic can say, all we can do is guess.
    "able to access the trail" is not an issue she raised. It is an item they are "aware of" it.
    They are looking into "accounts that accessed the trial early".
    The words "accessed" (past tense) and "early" are more important and bigger implication.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Doesn't matter what anyone says in here. The devs decide who's at fault, they'll decide who gets punished, and they'll take no accountability for their errors ie every bug ever released that led to an exploit.

At the end of the day this is no huntgate though.

And some of you give people waaaaay too much credit. I know plenty of players that blindly go in and do things without paying attention to things like "oh this is supposed to be timegated".

But I guess in the eyes of some the players can't make honest mistakes due to their ignorance.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    If Cryptic decide to punish you for helping other players, it says a lot about their mindset. However, Julia's post is referring to those who accessed the trial early so that shouldn't be the case.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There is an update to this issue that can be found here.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.