test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOMM a week early ?

beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
Today I am aware that some players are already able to enter tomm... currently one of my toons is at 2/4 fragments and 4/4 fragments are needed to unlock TOMM.
I understand that if i were to pty with someone else to run an FE that I will benefit from their fragment gains enabling me to also unlock TOMM.
Now.. I would like to know if this is WAI or if I will get a ban for gaining fragments this way.

Comments

• meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Doesn't sound WAI, but I really doubt they will do much about it.
  • sharleenaasharleenaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Problem is, people will run into into the bug without even knowing it. For example, everyone who will help a weaker guildie through a FE will gain a fragment.
  • margus23margus23 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    This won't make TOMM late for a week i have no idea how you are making math,this means TOMM came into the game 2 days earlier
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    > @margus23 said:
    > This won't make TOMM late for a week i have no idea how you are making math,this means TOMM came into the game 2 days earlier

It takes 6 days of dailies to get into a FE for 2 Fragments. Normal progression would have unlocked it this coming Saturday.
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    They will not ban anyone who did this imho.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    Amazing. Cryptic's devs fail again. Cryptic's QA fails again. But accounts are being looking into...
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Getting into a run, that only a few can complete at this point and is a waste of time for everyone else, two days earlier is a far cry from people exploiting a bug over and over and over for the executioners gloves. The latter makes others feel they need to do the same to keep up.
  • spoonybard#3189 spoonybard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I'm guessing the "ring cartel" will have some BiS rings up for sale already? (at the same price, around 100 mil maybe?)
    I mean. they pretty much all but had the trial tailor made for them.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Well if it was a bug or untended accident. I'd avoid doing it personally. Was smart doing that for barovia because a friend of mine pmed me a couple of times trying to get me to join in on it given the context of it I knew it was a bad idea and avoided getting involved with it.. So Glad I avoided getting involved with it. He didn't get banned but a friend of his maybe a real life girlfriend got perm banned over that. And she only took part not as much maybe. So I imagine it was random the punishments over that. BUt yeah Just don't do it. Let them fix it. Unless they say they will allow it and take advantage of it til you can like that one patch notes said on the characters receiving what is supposed to be an account wide daily instead of charater daily on that one thing. Unless the devs says its okay I'd not do it. Better to not risk your account then to risk it. Given I think they might take this stuff more seriously I'd imagine if it was done on purpose people and accounts getting the same thing that happened with the hunt thing. Given they had a message saying they are looking into it and accounts that were involved with it. I'd imagine its something one should avoid exploiting. Better safe then sorry that is how I would go about it if I was you.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    This isn't supposed to be and Dev's should close down ToMM for time being to get things straight.
    Sorry for people who are seeking for glitches, but honestly spoken Dev's must close it down.

Today I was wondering why players in stardock where advertizing FE all day long, the only thing I could come up with is a attemt to get their hand on the new loot by rolling need while this loot is supposed to be for those who are on the quest (and not for those who are advertizing all day long, while they already have completed it by themselfes).

Today I got a request from a guildmember for an helping hand in a FE run due he had some issues to face the Dragon Knight fight on his own, so I offered him my help for tanking purposes, but surpricingly I got FE updates (and reward chest, include unlocking ToMM) while I didn't supposed to get this update since I must do one more day for completion...

I passed on some nice pant's which dropped, so my guildy got the item but I can imagine the frustation (and dissapointment) of those who are on the quest and lose the roll of the drop to those who are living in Stardock...

Dev's should adress this.
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I first noticed this this morning after completing my FE and realized in account wide unlocks tomm was open and I was like wow really.
    I did not try and run it at all but to be fair I knew that it did require the quest to be completed before hand so that told me it had to be some type of bug that was unfixed.
    Still yet truth be told cryptic should have sent out a message in game like they do when they shut down the game each thursday and tell us that it was what it was.
    Most people either did not know it was a bug that was unfixed or just never looked into that but figure why not take the offer.
    The one's that are at fault in my eyes if the entire cryptic team because they should have fully looked into each and every aspect of this mod 100% before they released it and fixed any bugs or issues like this one but we the players are the ones that figures things out and we the players tell them whats wrong so they might fix it.
    Still yet I am thankful I did not enter the trail at all.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    As I am not affected... just ban them. *grin*

But seriously: If some people are able to access ToMM one week early, does it matter all that much?
    From the chat I have seen that it is very possible to be hit by this without in any way intending it.

In this case the better course of action likely is fixing the bug and otherwise just let it pass.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    They have locked out the Trial several hours ago. Finishing the quest early doesn't affect the game too much, but having ToMM open when there is a fairly large bug that would cause a much easier completion of the trial would and was planned to be fixed this week. Said bug ofc will not be discussed in this forum.
    edited August 2019
    Well I'm not going to get involved with whatever bug or whatever it is. BUt I do hope cryptic does not react as they did with Hunts Gate. Number of reasons for that. Mod sixteen pretty much really hurt the game enough I think it drove a lot of players off because of it. Another, is well because of what it is. It isn't ecnomimic. The Trail is possibly something most players wouldn't be able to complete anyways if they are not very highly skilled so I imagine its not a big issue as much as hunts gate was. The Hunts gate thing I understand the possible reason was enconmic. All the changes I think these last few mods have been an attempt to reduce the ad gain. Or balance out the zax or something. Wouldn't be surpised if the scaling and the changes to the way dungeons work. Was part of the efforts to slow down the grind for ad. Or one of the reasons for it. But I think it hurt the game the scaling thing they did. Made content basically harder to complete. Thus being just as disastous as mod six was. Seems like 6 number isn't a very good one when it comes to Neverwinter Modules. Also why lock people out of the new content if they do the quests they should have access to it. Time gating I can understand for barovia do to how many quests that place really had. But for Chult and other places. Yeah I can see that getting annoying. Best guess is they take it down do a hot fix. Or Leave it how it is and fix it up sometime next week.

Or Roll back progress if they are so against players having access to it the way they do now. Or just let them keep it and fix it so it works as intended going forward many different possibilities here. If they ban accounts that have accessed it early. I can see this really being a black stain on thier image. More players would just leave and Neverwinter wouldn't do so well. Plus there would be less players to run the content. So yeah I hope they do not go that route. Plus from what I'm understanding a lot of people might have been helping their friends or guildies. When this happened to them. So if those players get punished for a bug a lot of them most likly didn't know about well. That isn't good for the image too. Hopefully the devs will see reason on this one. For the sake of the game at least.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Fantastic how people trying to twist the truth, its obvious that its not supposed to happens that way and yet people still do it, better yet they encourage and teach others how its done to get a party together to do the piece of content which not they not supposed to be able to, later being ignorant and blame the devs for it.

Seriously those who unlocked but yet to run it can be accident. Those who teaches/encourage and has enter the ToMM should be punished. Back on Barovia exploit those who unaware and enter were banned.
    edited August 2019
    jase2cool said:

Fantastic how people trying to twist the truth, its obvious that its not supposed to happens that way and yet people still do it, better yet they encourage and teach others how its done to get a party together to do the piece of content which not they not supposed o be able to, later being ignorant and blame the devs for it.

Seriously those who unlocked but yet to run it can be accident. Those who teaches/encourage and has enter the ToMM should be punished. Back on Barovia exploit those who unaware and enter were banned.

If it was like Huntsgate I can see acton being taken possibly.Hunts gate was basically from what I understand now a bug within Ravenlofts Hunts that allowed you to get the reward without much effort. Basically bugging out the content. Many people were doing it to farm for ad/rp points. It caught on so much that console players got in on it. It got so bad they actually posted a warning in the forums about doing it. ANd then they mass banned so many people. I think consoles got hit the hardest for it.
    Unlike Hunts Gate this possibly was accidental. Or a Bug most players didn't know about that happened when players helped other players or worked tgoether guildies, friends or husband and wife or husband and husband, or wife and wife doing content together. Either for fun or because it was challenging and they wanted a buddy. Then they get extra credit for some quest. I don't know I've not played the content yet since I have been roleplaying as well as leveling up my Gith. Unlike Huntsgate where you had to do a series of actions on purpose to make that exploit work. This isn't something I think can be avoided if you partner with someone and got extra credit. Who didn't even know till it happened. Then players might have started talking about it and more doing it on purpose. Which is possible. But given what was said by the dev about them looking into accounts and because of Huntsgate I'd think they would be smart hopefully not to do it intentionally.

What hunts gate was able to do was allow players to get millions of ad or rp points I mean its possible possibly other sources was just as good at giving you ad at that time period or even more in that point of Neverwinters history. But yeah they kept running it and running it. It got so bad the DEvs posted a warning and took serious action against people doing it. This only brought more infux of ad they couldn't control into the game. This effected their efforts and possibly led to the other decisions like to remove the salvaging all together and other stuff down the road. Many playres got punished for doing this. Because it really was hindering their attempts at fixing the Zax I think at the time. That is why I feel they went down hard on those people.

So Hunts Gate,
    Would be the equivalent of say rigging the system to reap lots of profit illegally or a ponzi scheme.
    With either live in prison with a 100 years or 10 years in prison.
    Tomm Gate. Would be the equivalent of a small child taking from a cookie jar they were not supposed to take because it wasn't dinner time and then the child getting a live in prison sentence for taking the cookie if cryptic did permanent ban people over this. That would be what it basically would be. Or like a ten year sentence if giving a timed ban from days to a month. Just for the child taking teh cookie and not knowing she/he wasn't supposed too.
    I can understand their reasoning for doing it for Hunts Gate. For This no. To many got it unlocked by accident. I don't think they can tell who did it on purpose or by accident without banning innocent players in the process. I think it would be wise for them to just patch it up as quickly as they can.
    kreatyve said:

elsunga said:

Yeah? That's what people were saying in Barovia too.
    @kreatyve First of all,How could you even compare the current situation with barovia ? Unlocking the TOMM gave people no advantage over anyone else whatsoever,it's not like there was massive amount of AD coming into the game and same with the gears! Unlike barovia had a pretty big impact with the game and with the eco,You just can't compare these two at all,Many people didn't even know it wasn't meant to work like this, You can also run regular ME with people without the quest and you can still get all the loots maybe people thought that's exactly the case with the FE we had right now ? This is not community fault at all and developers should be held responsible accordingly and respond what happened there, Punishing our small community with something so little what could of kept away when tested correctly and fixed before the module came out, Punishing community at this point would have tragic consequences and would mostly KILL the PC part of the game for sure, We are already small community and should hold together, Developers should adress this issue and fix it when it wasn't meant to be like this,That is all I can say about the current situation, at the end of the day we didn't misscode any content it was a little mistake done by the dev team what could of been avoided very easily.

• rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    margus23 said:

kreatyve said:

elsunga said:

@kreatyve First of all,How could you even compare the current situation with barovia ? Unlocking the TOMM gave people no advantage over anyone else whatsoever,it's not like there was massive amount of AD coming into the game and same with the gears! Unlike barovia had a pretty big impact with the game and with the eco,You just can't compare these two at all,Many people didn't even know it wasn't meant to work like this, You can also run regular ME with people without the quest and you can still get all the loots maybe people thought that's exactly the case with the FE we had right now ? This is not community fault at all and developers should be held responsible accordingly and respond what happened there, Punishing our small community with something so little what could of kept away when tested correctly and fixed before the module came out, Punishing community at this point would have tragic consequences and would mostly KILL the PC part of the game for sure, We are already small community and should hold together, Developers should adress this issue and fix it when it wasn't meant to be like this,That is all I can say about the current situation, at the end of the day we didn't misscode any content it was a little mistake done by the dev team what could of been avoided very easily.

Barovia hunts = exploit Earlier access to ToMM = exploit

Don't u see that exploit = exploit is exactly the same... it doesnt matter what kind of exploit. It is still expliot.

jase2cool said:

Fantastic how people trying to twist the truth, its obvious that its not supposed to happens that way and yet people still do it, better yet they encourage and teach others how its done to get a party together to do the piece of content which not they not supposed o be able to, later being ignorant and blame the devs for it.

If it was like Huntsgate I can see acton being taken possibly.Hunts gate was basically from what I understand now a bug within Ravenlofts Hunts that allowed you to get the reward without much effort. Basically bugging out the content. Many people were doing it to farm for ad/rp points. It caught on so much that console players got in on it. It got so bad they actually posted a warning in the forums about doing it. ANd then they mass banned so many people. I think consoles got hit the hardest for it.
    Unlike Hunts Gate this possibly was accidental. Or a Bug most players didn't know about that happened when players helped other players or worked tgoether guildies, friends or husband and wife or husband and husband, or wife and wife doing content together. Either for fun or because it was challenging and they wanted a buddy. Then they get extra credit for some quest. I don't know I've not played the content yet since I have been roleplaying as well as leveling up my Gith. Unlike Huntsgate where you had to do a series of actions on purpose to make that exploit work. This isn't something I think can be avoided if you partner with someone and got extra credit. Who didn't even know till it happened. Then players might have started talking about it and more doing it on purpose. Which is possible. But given what was said by the dev and because of Huntsgate I'd think they would be smart hopefully not to do it intentionally.
    What hunts gate was able to do was allow players to get millions of ad or rp points I mean its possible possibly other sources was just as good at giving you ad at that time period in Neverwinters history. But yeah they kept running it and running it. Unlike this, this only brought more infux of ad they couldn't control into the game. This effected their efforts and possibly led to the other decisions like to remove the salvaging all together and other stuff down the road. Many playres got punished for doing this.

So Hunts Gate,
    Would be the equivalent of say rigging the system to reap lots of profit illegally or a ponzi scheme.
    With either live in prison plus 100 years or 10 years in prison.
    Tomm Gate. Would be the equivalent of a small child taking from a cookie jar they were not supposed to take because it wasn't dinner time and then the child getting a live in prison sentence for taking the cookie if cryptic did permanent ban people over this. That would be what it basically would be. Or like a ten year sentence if giving a timed ban from days to a month. Just for the child taking teh cookie and not knowing she/he wasn't supposed too.
    I can understand their reasoning for doing it for Hunts Gate. For This no. To many got it unlocked by accident. I don't think they can tell who did it on purpose or by accident without banning innocent players in the process. I think it would be wise for them to just patch it up as quickly as they can.
    All players which involve are not child they are veterans with atleast 24k ilvl, which means they already played the game long enough and understand or should be smart to know what's right or wrong. IF he/she just unlocked it without knowing its fine.

Someone who realize unlocked early, played, encourage/teach and organize raids that is no accident that is intentional.

Its more like an adult going into mall and steal some candy after that teaches and bring friends to come back for more, at the end its still stealing, Best yet when was caught blame no signage says do not steal ?
    rysiek86 said:

margus23 said:

kreatyve said:

elsunga said:

Don't u see that exploit = exploit is exactly the same... it doesnt matter what kind of exploit. It is still expliot.
    You seem to have skipped many logical statements in my previous text!

How did people knew if it was exploit or meant to be that way ? it's still an expedition and even regular ME share the loot/points so how people were supposed to know FE it not meant to be shared content like the regular ME what all the people run together ?? Please use your logic for once and see my point in there.

margus23 said:

rysiek86 said:

margus23 said:

kreatyve said:

elsunga said:

You seem to have skipped many logical statements in my previous text!

How did people knew if it was exploit or meant to be that way ? it's still an expedition and even regular ME share the loot/points so how people were supposed to know FE it not meant to be shared content like the regular ME what all the people run together ?? Please use your logic for once and see my point in there.
    barovia hunts, people had to kill themselves at a certain point to glitch things. FE people group up and do content. me's people group up and do content. big difference imo.
    Thanks you! atleast someone here has common sense.
    Unlocking alone can be accident but those who actually organize/runs/teaches it are those of a 24k+ ilvls and are not newbies should be fully aware the game system, EULA and know what is an exploit.
    jase2cool said:

Unlocking alone can be accident but those who actually organize/runs/teaches it are those of a 24k+ ilvls and are not newbies should be fully aware the game system, EULA and know what is an exploit.

I agree with you on there but still ME is shared content and it was very hard to tell if the content should work the way it did or not.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Its locked now, and it looks like noone did finish it, so u can all calm down. This wont be huntgate 2.0
    edited August 2019
    jase2cool said:

jase2cool said:

Unlike Hunts Gate this possibly was accidental. Or a Bug most players didn't know about that happened when players helped other players or worked tgoether guildies, friends or husband and wife or husband and husband, or wife and wife doing content together. Either for fun or because it was challenging and they wanted a buddy. Then they get extra credit for some quest. I don't know I've not played the content yet since I have been roleplaying as well as leveling up my Gith. Unlike Huntsgate where you had to do a series of actions on purpose to make that exploit work. This isn't something I think can be avoided if you partner with someone and got extra credit. Who didn't even know till it happened. Then players might have started talking about it and more doing it on purpose. Which is possible. But given what was said by the dev and because of Huntsgate I'd think they would be smart hopefully not to do it intentionally.
    What hunts gate was able to do was allow players to get millions of ad or rp points I mean its possible possibly other sources was just as good at giving you ad at that time period in Neverwinters history. But yeah they kept running it and running it. Unlike this, this only brought more infux of ad they couldn't control into the game. This effected their efforts and possibly led to the other decisions like to remove the salvaging all together and other stuff down the road. Many playres got punished for doing this.

So Hunts Gate,
    With either live in prison plus 100 years or 10 years in prison.
    All players which involve are not child they are veterans with atleast 24k ilvl, which means they already played the game long enough and understand or should be smart to know what's right or wrong. IF he/she just unlocked it without knowing its fine.

Someone who realize unlocked early, played, encourage/teach and organize raids that is no accident that is intentional.

Its more like an adult going into mall and steal some candy after that teaches and bring friends to come back for more, at the end its still stealing, Best yet when was caught blame no signage says do not steal ?
    Well in this case, Think of it as lack of security cameras and ways to detect if items have not been payed for plus or proper vetting and making sure the kiddies can't get into the expensive stuff and just take it.
    Here is the thing. They seem to like to timegate content at times and even in content that shouldn't be time gated they time gate.
    Time Gating this time they didn't vet the latest version of the time gate or didn't test it or maybe the code bugged out and it isn't their fault.
    Personally the Dungeon itself or the trial doesn't need to be time gated I wouldn't have time gated it maybe do quests to unlock it yes but time gating it no. In fact if I was them I would remove the timegates from Aqusitions and Chult. Acquisitions is a level up campaign. I think it shouldn't be time gated and Chult I'd like to finish that but the timegating ugh. Time gate needs to be removed from Icewind Dale and especially stormfront. I can understand them maybe wanting to keep players occupied or keep them having reasons to log in. But in this case the major focus point of this mod is the new trail. Basically the new gith race and maybe gith vs illithid stuff. Which they can always add in new and interesting quests to do on that front. Shouldn't be too hard to program encounters in other places and areas and maybe gain currency rewards for new armors or something for doing those quests. But does the Halaster trial really need to be Time gated not really I don't see it as a big emergency not unless it had implications that hurt the game itself.

They shouldn't bring down the trial itself over this. In fact there is many bugs that do need to be fixed that I can see more important then this one. Like missing textures in some of the skirmishes. That one skirmish for black dagger had a missing bridge piece where you couldn't even cross the bridge to fight the boss that one time I did it. Got the acheivement but couldn't complete the queue because it was bugged out and then the other skirmish for helms. Well the ghosts looked like they were alive and missing ghost textures. When I did that one. WIth my gith earlier. Stuff like this and maybe getting new content done. Fixing pvp glory rewards and other things. I think should stay main priority. Fixing content so its actually doable. Like IG Can't really do it you just die upon entering it. Though you get ad and exp for doing it in a random. It does need to be nerfed down. So its playable for lower levels.There is other things too I imagine that need to be fixed or addressed. Unless it can destory the economy of the game or if it hurts their bottom line which I don't think this will. Then I think they should keep the priority on the stuff that is broken that does need fixing first while they do that if the bug is a simple fix then fix it for the earily access time gate thing. I know it takes time and it isn't easy for them to fix bugs. But given they don't have to focus on the foundry anymore they could fix them as they go along and make new content. Or fix the most game breaking ones. While getting to the others over time.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    jase2cool said:

Fantastic how people trying to twist the truth, its obvious that its not supposed to happens that way and yet people still do it, better yet they encourage and teach others how its done to get a party together to do the piece of content which not they not supposed to be able to, later being ignorant and blame the devs for it.

There is no twisting of the truth. I soloed the two FEs and realized that the bosses are much harder than in ME or WE. So I informed my guildies and offered to help when they go for their FE. After helping them I noticed that I got all four fragments.

I do not say that there are no people who abused this intentionally but for QA this bug should have been so obvious that I really did not find any words should Cryptic ban accounts for THEIR fault.
This discussion has been closed.