test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doohickey ????

maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
What was the reason weakened him by 80%?

Comments

• maximilianlares#1332 maximilianlares Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    When was it weakened? I checked mine, the tooltip says damage is 40930. Is the actual damage less?
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It will be come Tuesday.
  • It will be come Tuesday.

Oh well... Why all good things have to be removed or nerfed...

• maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    That's how I mean the new pseudo module. In my opinion, 80% less is a lot ... especially since many skills and feats are not working or working incorrectly.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I understand that its ridiculously OP now... but they are over-nerfing.

WHY?

The average character hits 100 magnitude 'per second'; with their at-wills. Why would they waste their time hitting a different button that also does 100 magnitude damage and has a recharge timer?

100 is an over-nerf because it is comparable to at-wills now.

MY suggestion: 200-250 magnitude. This puts it in a strategic item category... useful for many characters in many situations, but not usefull for everyone or in all situations.

The Doohickey has an event focused on it's creation. Turning it into a 'bauble' that doesn't actually help will frustrate players needlessly. It makes no sense to punish Doohickey users in retaliation for their previous success that was caused by the company's mistake.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Why? Because Cryptic always uses a sledgehammer for a nerf bat.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Most started using the doohickey on the mimics in Lomm. Cleric or tank and can't burn a mimic? Use a doohickey to help.
    I aim to misbehave
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Well, the Devs can't find at least some time for bringing companions back into a working state after over 3 MONTHS, but instead nerf one of the very few items, that actually help struggling players, into the ground ... good job. :angry:
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Interesting! Although I made a few of them, I do not use it because I consider the damage is low. And, I don't want to change my muscle memory. I have just checked it. It appears its damage varies among toon from 24K to 40K. How is that damage calculated? Based on your item level? Power?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited August 2019
    Well, i'd say it depends on your stats, the higher they are, the higher is the extra damage it provids every 30s...

I just checked, the damage number in the tooltip increased while changing some equipment and using an Power/Defense Invocation Blessing, but remained the same after eating a Watermelon Sorbet - which is a bit strange.

Anway, just another point on the increasing "why i stopped spending money in NWO" list.
    Want to know why?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I could get 100k hits on my cleric, 157k power.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    It was expected that the nerf was coming, considering how overpowered the doohickey was -compared to tymora coin, pocket pet etc..... Other interesting things such as horns, have a "WAI" (...) cooldown of 10min, meaning that doohickeys are really not in line with the other possible tools that go into the potion bar..
    At least, it was cheap and we will have enjoyed it a full mod.

It was expected that the nerf was coming, considering how overpowered the doohickey was -compared to tymora coin, pocket pet etc..... Other interesting things such as horns, have a "WAI" (...) cooldown of 10min, meaning that doohickeys are really not in line with the other possible tools that go into the potion bar..
    At least, it was cheap and we will have enjoyed it a full mod.

Unmentioned anywhere, was a "nerf" of cooldown items. These items can no longer be moved into inventory then re-slotted to refresh their timers. Horn users that employed this technique or exploit are most affected.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Not really a nerf if they fixed an exploit.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited August 2019
    Not complaining about the cooldown action, just pointing out that it was not noted anywhere.

My Doohickey hits for criticals went down from about 100,000 damage to 20,000 damage. (at 159k power)
    I'll use it until I can think of a better replacement. Adorable Pocket Pet is not a good option for tank because it can lower your threat level. The Chain of scales... maybe.. getting it to empowered level is tough. I've got three of them on characters, none empowered. For the final scale, you have to convince 4 other players to battle with you even though there is no reward in it for them.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    How is it an exploit , when the tool is doing what it was designed to do?
    LOMM runs with random players just got harder.
    Endgame players will have to carry more of the load, as developing characters can't kill half their mimics.
    Added effect; doubling the wait time to get new players when others give up in frustration, swarms of nearly unkillable gollems and inevitable fails on the Arturia phase.
    If the plan was to make LOMM less popular, mission accomplished.
    A "fix" might be 200 magnitude, or original settings and 120 second timer (doubled).
    Previous writer was correct, Gond event is now worthless.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Bypassing the cooldown by unequipping it and re-equipping is an exploit. Plain and simple. Working as intended requires the user to wait out the cooldown period.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I understand that its ridiculously OP now... but they are over-nerfing.

WHY?

The average character hits 100 magnitude 'per second'; with their at-wills. Why would they waste their time hitting a different button that also does 100 magnitude damage and has a recharge timer?

100 is an over-nerf because it is comparable to at-wills now.

MY suggestion: 200-250 magnitude. This puts it in a strategic item category... useful for many characters in many situations, but not usefull for everyone or in all situations.

The Doohickey has an event focused on it's creation. Turning it into a 'bauble' that doesn't actually help will frustrate players needlessly. It makes no sense to punish Doohickey users in retaliation for their previous success that was caused by the company's mistake.

It was adjusted because it was doing to much damage for what it is. 100 magnitude is more than enough for this device given that not all at wills hit for 100 magnitude.
    At wills also do not have a 30 second cooldown, so it should do more damage than any at will.
    At wills have 100-125 mag/s, doohickey now have 3,3 mag/s
    edited August 2019
    Never mind.
    Currently, it's a waste of time to use it. Casting time too long.
  • djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Pro are in the aim of Cryptic, they want to cut their leg lul

In Tomm, tell me wasnt userful for dc to use doohickey on ice... just add more hp to boss compared to doohickey damage, you count 4 people on 10 got it and use it 99% of time, open ACT and see: ''doohickey done 2% of total dmg of this guy, its 1milion damage, okay, i raise the boss hp by 1milion'' this is fixing, creating something new, Devs destroy...
    Like for gwf/hr/tr that need to kill that mob at 10% hp, from 20 feets... dohickey was a ranged help
    They broke Envenomed Diary cause people cryed on pvp to nerf it..doohickey for same reason, reports....
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

At wills also do not have a 30 second cooldown, so it should do more damage than any at will.

IMO it should move over to vanity pet. I don't mind bonus from the chains and what not but no item should be hitting this hard as an item that can be clicked rather quickly.
    edited August 2019
    Isn't it funny how the "revived" PvP is ruining the game for everyone else again? And it's not just the Doohickey that was "balanced" with the recent update, healing was hit by the Nerfhammer as well.

And if you think this "change" was o.k., don't worry, the time will come when PvP players start complaining about something you're enjoying, and the Nerfhammer will crush it as well.

So, smoke 'em while you can.
    greywynd said:

Bypassing the cooldown by unequipping it and re-equipping is an exploit. Plain and simple. Working as intended requires the user to wait out the cooldown period.

Funny story from playing STO yesterday and how they fixed the cooldown problem over there... the CD of the item you're about to replace is transfered to that other item, even if that item doesn't have any CD by design. For example, my Risa Floater/Power Board suddenly had 5min CD's on them, and that CD could even "infect" any other item i put directly in that slot.

I hope they get this HAMSTER fixed with the next patch, but for now i have to place any item first in the inventory and then put the other item i wish to use in the slot. Just imagine the fun you can have when replacing a Hypo or Shield Charge in a hurry with something that has a fresh 10min CD...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
    edited August 2019
    PVP was killed by a module with black ice and a separate EQ on pvp. They thought they would pull people into money and each would make 2 sets of items with two sets of stones. And by the way he will spend money, because in the normal way you would have to spend years playing.

Returning to Doohickey, not only he is another useless item. Owlbear Figurine in the description has 10 times more dmg than Doohickey but in reality I only make 3x more. In addition, it has a 10min CD and blocks the slot before inserting regular potions.

Tymora coin interesting item so that they "forgot" to update it probably three years ago and was on lvl 60, just like Adorable Pocket Pet.

Pressing putty with this pvp, after all, can change its functionality only on pvp. As with skills, feats, boons etc. characters. Laziness, lack of skills, if so remove such items.
    STOP UPDATE MODULES! Fix the 9999999 bugs YOU got!
    Any step you do are 1000 peoples lost.
    See when Tomm released, the big chaos there will be..

Poeple know xuna bug from years n years... Devs never knew, they made envenomed journal when Ap for dps where really high.. They nerfed when Ap for 90% of classes are vitals, Hr forset ghost its died..he cannot use it out of combat... Mount set bonus are dead, sherpard devotion its useless cause no one use daily not in combat, where we need movement

its ALL wrong.

A dev say that they dont wanna slow us or do hard things, watch Tomm, watch game like it is now (222 potions used a day), watch Codg invisible areas... THEY ARE MAKING ASTRAL DIAMONDS, THEY WANT TO DESTROY NEW ARRIVED, ONLY WHO GOT 10MILIONS OF ASTRAL DIAMONDS CAN REESIST..