test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wizards

bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
Why was the Arcane pressence nerfed by half (50%)?
I'm seriously upset and thinking to stop playing and reason being I donno w*f am I know, am not a true buffer, but I do that in a way, am not a dps since I lost at least quater of my damage, skills take forever to get off cooldown ... I mean what is this now?
It's so upseting that Wizards get nerfed of all the other classes, maybe you should take a loot at how much aoe damage rangers deal, its rediculous more then some other classes singl target skills and they have 6 skills .... Warlocks keept there buffs even tho they where never ever designed as true dps class, wow! I'm really questioning do you people at Cryptic Studios know what your doing? This is stupid, no woner why your player get mad at you at quit, 3/4th of game left they will never return cos you always do some stupid sh*t with out thinking it trough.

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    No offence, but wizards were ridiculously overpowered last mod. No comparable dps toon could match one.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Arcane Presence (the class feature) was not touched. I am not sure what the OP is complaining about.
  • bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    jonkoca said:

No offence, but wizards were ridiculously overpowered last mod. No comparable dps toon could match one.

BS. Why? C.S. fix base weapon damage across all classes, Barb where overpowered for 6 years, not mentioning other classes who also had more, now that we are on equal terms you all just pointing fingers at wizards who had thee worst base weapon damage in game, and does not even have that much buff now at all!

Wizard is no where near damage level of a warlock on bis gear setup who is most likely 2nd dps in game and the 1st place belongs to the rangers who dish out crazy high numbers and no wonder they have thee most buffed damage via skill mechanics.
    What does wizard have 3% to 3.5% inc damage via arcane pressence (was 6% to 7% before nerf) since we mostly use, conduit of ice as master skill (cold skill); Icy Terrain (cold skill); chill strike (cold skill); icy rays (cold skill); and only on boss fights Repel (arcane skill), other then that 1 to 6% more damage via chill stacking and 10% crit sev wich is only effective on critical strike, so 50% effectivness not a full 100%.

Arcane Presence (the class feature) was not touched. I am not sure what the OP is complaining about.

Again bs. It was lowered from 1% to 0.5%, pretty sure thats nerf and its effecing all the damage, so that is not a small loss.

* Can you people be honest for 1 damn minute in your lives? *

From [cant show you name]: wow rly hard nerf

Thats what my friend replayed, he plays a Barbarian, but his a honest person, unlike you.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    bojsha said:

Added: I think i get it, you are spreding lies cos you want to kill Wizards as a class, that speaks volumes what kind of people you are.

thefabricant's main is a wizard. He knew the game and especially wizard more than anyone and probably more than certain dev themselves. He does detail testing and wrote guides for wizard.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    bojsha said:

I'm seriously upset and thinking to stop playing and reason being I donno w*f am I know, am not a true buffer, but I do that in a way, am not a dps since I lost at least quater of my damage, skills take forever to get off cooldown ... I mean what is this now?
    It's so upseting that Wizards get nerfed of all the other classes, maybe you should take a loot at how much aoe damage rangers deal, its rediculous more then some other classes singl target skills and they have 6 skills .... Warlocks keept there buffs even tho they where never ever designed as true dps class, wow! I'm really questioning do you people at Cryptic Studios know what your doing? This is stupid, no woner why your player get mad at you at quit, 3/4th of game left they will never return cos you always do some stupid sh*t with out thinking it trough.

Do u know what u are talking about ?

Looking at the patch notes for mod 17, there was 6 fixes and 2 buffs done to the wizard. No nerfs, and nothing even mentioning this thing ur talking about.

True buffers was removed in mod 16. Wizards have been top DPS classes since mod 16 launch.

I would love to hear more about where this number of 3/4th of the player base have left came from.
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    bojsha said:

jonkoca said:

BS. Why? C.S. fix base weapon damage across all classes, Barb where overpowered for 6 years, not mentioning other classes who also had more, now that we are on equal terms you all just pointing fingers at wizards who had thee worst base weapon damage in game, and does not even have that much buff now at all!

Wizard is no where near damage level of a warlock on bis gear setup who is most likely 2nd dps in game and the 1st place belongs to the rangers who dish out crazy high numbers and no wonder they have thee most buffed damage via skill mechanics.
    What does wizard have 3% to 3.5% inc damage via arcane pressence (was 6% to 7% before nerf) since we mostly use, conduit of ice as master skill (cold skill); Icy Terrain (cold skill); chill strike (cold skill); icy rays (cold skill); and only on boss fights Repel (arcane skill), other then that 1 to 6% more damage via chill stacking and 10% crit sev wich is only effective on critical strike, so 50% effectivness not a full 100%.

Again bs. It was lowered from 1% to 0.5%, pretty sure thats nerf and its effecing all the damage, so that is not a small loss.

Thats what my friend replayed, he plays a Barbarian, but his a honest person, unlike you.

Warlock is the lowest DPS class in the game, if as a Wizard you feel that Warlock is the 2nd best DPS class you're doing something wrong with your toon.
    edited August 2019
    bojsha said:

jonkoca said:

The tooltip prior to module 17 stated it gave 1%, it actually gave 0.5%. They corrected a faulty tooltip, I don't see the problem here. Furthermore, even if it hypothetically did give 1% (which it did not), it would be a reduction of 2.5% damage to fire, lighting and cold powers on the condition that you are using a ton of arcane powers, which means you aren't losing much damage anyhow. If you are Arcanist, you are only using arcane powers and if you are thaum and not using RoF you are doing something wrong, which means you don't reliably have Arcane Stacks anyhow.
    hahahah

anyways was asking a friend about HR's and he replayed >> From [cant show name]: i know wizards got nerfed hard

thats all am gonna post since this is hopless with people that are full of bs.
    bojsha said:

hahahah

anyways was asking a friend about HR's and he replayed >> From [cant show name]: i know wizards got nerfed hard

I main Wizard, but sure, keep complaining.
    giz#2086 said:

bojsha said:

jonkoca said:

Warlock is the lowest DPS class in the game, if as a Wizard you feel that Warlock is the 2nd best DPS class you're doing something wrong with your toon.
    Warlock isnt lowest DPS in the game. Try being on a fighter.
    bojsha said:

hahahah

Only BS here is u though and maybe ur friend.
  • azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Warlock 2nd highest dps? Now I know they’re trolling
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    bojsha said:

hahahah

Who is bs'ing? The best wizard in the game or you? Hmmmm....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

bojsha said:

hahahah

For someone that main wizards and donno when his own skills are nerfed .. what can I say but lol dude

Repel got also nerfed but you proly did not even see that cos your clueless, magnitude was lowered from 475 to 375

bojsha said:

hahahah

Who is bs'ing? The best wizard in the game or you? Hmmmm....
    sureee, out dps a Ranger and creenshoot it with his gear setup as well as you being top dsp over him and I'll belive it.

bet its gonna be pretty imposible to do.
    bojsha said:

bojsha said:

hahahah

For someone that main wizards and donno when his own skills are nerfed .. what can I say but lol dude

Repel got also nerfed but you proly did not even see that cos your clueless, magnitude was lowered from 475 to 375
    My comment was specifically about Arcane Presence. It was always 0.5%, but sure, if you wish to delude yourself feel free to. The nerf to repel was justified and the rest was bug fixes. Relative Haste was never supposed to give 55% recharge speed, so the reduction to 10% was making it do what it said it would do.
    fyrstigor said:

bojsha said:

Looking at the patch notes for mod 17, there was 6 fixes and 2 buffs done to the wizard. No nerfs, and nothing even mentioning this thing ur talking about.

True buffers was removed in mod 16. Wizards have been top DPS classes since mod 16 launch.

I would love to hear more about where this number of 3/4th of the player base have left came from.
    Mod 15 they banned half of the game, mod 16 at least 1/4th left
    population gone down from over 10000 at any given time to 2000+/-

bojsha said:

bojsha said:

hahahah

My comment was specifically about Arcane Presence. It was always 0.5%, but sure, if you wish to delude yourself feel free to. The nerf to repel was justified and the rest was bug fixes. Relative Haste was never supposed to give 55% recharge speed, so the reduction to 10% was making it do what it said it would do.
    It was 1%, learn your skills, everyone notice it in game but you. w t f
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    bojsha said:

You seem like the type of player that takes tooltips at face value instead of actually testing them to see if they do what they are supposed to. If @thefabricant says that it did .5% before, I trust him. It's likely that he even reported it as a bug. Considering that he's consistently tested many things in this game for years, I think he's built more trust with the community than you have. Attacking him without actually providing any proof of your claims weakens them.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    By the OPs logic, Cleric must be overpowered since I always get top dps on my cleric. Nevermind the fact that might be just be in public queues were the average skill of players is subpar or, there are not many BiS players in my alliance. Despite my own personal observed data, I know that if I were to group up with thefabricant, or any other similarly skilled Wizard, Rogue, or Ranger that I would be outclassed.

Also realize that information on tooltips are not always 100% true. There are mistypes and oversights. The developers after all are human.

The main group that was testing out the latest trial on the preview server were mostly Wizards for a reason, they were one of the only classes that could muster enough dps to even complete the timed portions of the trial. Just look at the amount of posts saying that Wizards are doing so much more damage than other classes, and the amount of warlock posts asking for buffs.

We are not saying that your observed data is false, just that you are not considering all the possible factors. Your warlock could be highly skilled and know the right gear to wear, your rotation might use some work, or maybe your are using a wrong combination of feats and powers. You could simply just be an inexperienced player surrounded by experienced ones. There are many factors that don't rely on class.
    edited August 2019
    bojsha said:

bojsha said:

bojsha said:

hahahah

Here were my notes about this power on july 14th. Please note the green text. The tooltip stated it gave 1%, it actually gave 0.5%. They changed the tooltip and nothing more. Maybe if you actually tested the power, you would know how it worked.
    bojsha said:

fyrstigor said:

bojsha said:

Mod 15 they banned half of the game, mod 16 at least 1/4th left
    population gone down from over 10000 at any given time to 2000+/-
    Could u provide me with a credible source of info on these numbers? First u say 3/4th left, now its 1/4th. And from ur other posts in here we know ur sources on info isnt always correct, so give them to me so i can verify their truth myself please.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I can't figure out what to say, but closed for obvious reasons.
    FrozenFire
This discussion has been closed.