test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do the players want for future dungeons, skirmishes, and trials?

Comments

• gunk#7763 gunk Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    how about a new class, and then maybe a new class and how about another new class, then they should probably do another new class. So in closing a new class!!!
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Every new playable area introduced from future Mods should have an accompanying dungeon and/or skirmish specific to that release with it without exception, like Undermountain had LoMM.

The new dungeon/skirmish content should have a difficulty toggle. The standard being less difficult (but still requiring a minimum IL) with player stats via enhancements not (or minimally) scaled and the advanced being more difficult with player stats via enhancements more severely scaled, making the content more challenging...

That being said, the rewards at the end of each type of dungeon/skirmish (gear, refinement points, potions and playable items - but NOT AD's), should also be scaled in accordance to the difficulty of the new dungeons or skirmishes, for instance if the new standard dungeon sees a completion chest with 45 seals - the more challenging dungeon should see the completion with 75 seals.

Likewise armor and other completion chest items will be of a better quality, a higher caliber in the advanced content as opposed to the standard content...

My ¢¢
    DD~
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    I want m5 dungeons back WITH all secret rooms. Make drop from chests and mimics real good (maybe epic insignias with low chance. Maybe a special drop for one dungeon (exp. insignia of gond or ets. Maybe some random low chance of legendary mimics spawn with epic mounts or something like that, 8-9 rand stones. Also that mimics should be a more hard to beat. (I not going to tell you that it should be only range classes possibly to kill it)

Add master version of low skirmishes.

Make a new rewards for random queues. Add new monets one per day in RQ and new vendor with actual items (new/old artifacts or marks) For example you playing for week or two and can buy some good item.
    and upgrade aquisition shop for Hard content.

I'd like to see old GauntleGrym (PVP/PVE + epic dungeons) Reward may be guilds supplies.

And you can add maybe some of River district mini quests as big dungeons for 5 members. Or it can be like a competitive game for 2 parties who will be faster and have less deaths in run. You add 2 parties like PVP and every one plays own dungeon with traps and jumping! time about 30-40 minutes.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• halfmeadhalfmead Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    WATERDEEP Expansion!! (huge fecking city) B) now, i know it is not dungeon/skirmish/trial hehe, but really, beneath waterdeep is a vast underground cavern/lair/sewer, should be plenty of beholders and slimy stuff to fight there and turn into both dungeon, trial and skirmish if so wanted.
  • onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    the game needs one thing.
    Popping queues!

Adv Queue never pops for DPS random only with a full group.
    You can´t play alone anymore and you can´t play on different time then your friends. No group no queue.

Easy Solution:

Make a solo queue group which gives more AD - so maybe people start queueing agani.

And what really should be done: Let me queue for ALL queues together - so I want to queue for expert AND adv AND normal queue!

• elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Stop doing dungeons/skirmishes for hardcore endgamers only and always make two versions. One hc endgame and one for more casual players. The currrent trend is utterly stupid.
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    elsunga said:

Stop doing dungeons/skirmishes for hardcore endgamers only and always make two versions. One hc endgame and one for more casual players. The currrent trend is utterly stupid.

Last anything hardcore was CR. And even that one wasnt super hardcore, it was just heavy on scrolls. There is far more releases with content for everyone than there is of the super hard stuff.

But as long as the hard comes in doing mechanics, and not crazy DPS checks its ok. There is a difference between being endgamer and being BiS built. If u havnt found that out yet u are most likely neither and leveling dungeons might be more ur speed.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    we dont want any new "scroll flusher" dungeons, it make some players going broke. if they cant afford to able to play, some will go to other games, because they are sick of being kick from groups.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

elsunga said:

Last anything hardcore was CR. And even that one wasnt super hardcore, it was just heavy on scrolls. There is far more releases with content for everyone than there is of the super hard stuff.

But as long as the hard comes in doing mechanics, and not crazy DPS checks its ok. There is a difference between being endgamer and being BiS built. If u havnt found that out yet u are most likely neither and leveling dungeons might be more ur speed.
    All the more reason why there should be two versions, normal and epic. People should be able to run the normal version to learn the mechanics.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    hustin1 said:

fyrstigor said:

elsunga said:

All the more reason why there should be two versions, normal and epic. People should be able to run the normal version to learn the mechanics.
    Its the same set of mechanics. Making the same mechanics last longer because boss has more HP, or make them hit harder so u need more HP and defense. That doesnt make a dungeon harder, it just make its more reliant on gear. For the guys who have the gear it will be just as hard or easy.

And we already have 2 versions of everything. The normal version that everyone should be able to learn and do. And then u can do it as min itemlvl if u want things to last longer.
  • planestrider#4331 planestrider Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    1. Possibility to manually disable a certain number of dungeons which your party failed / abandoned (e.g. where you were the last remaining player) for 3 times in random queues. This should save the whole party time and disappointments. I'm talking of greenhorns whi just made it to the necessary item level with not even half of the necessary gear into ToNG or similar, only because they try to run their Expert Queue.
    If certain dungeons get disabled a lot, that's a hint for the devs that the scaling is totally off.
    Disabling a queue might be temporarily, so after reaching another 1 or 2k of item level, it's back on track whether you want it or not, disabling options as above.

2. No stupid NPCs, including summoned pets and companions, triggering traps any more.

3. Less health points for bosses, better tactics (control, dmg). More health means only more time and basically never made a fight more interesting. The only one where this seriously works for me is Demogorgon.

4. Keep an eye on player numbers in certain quests, places, dungeons and skirmishes. If they dwindle, adjust scaling. Ideally would be something close to Demonic HEs which scale by player number (there could be a threshold anyways for some).

5. A chest for everyone! Random queues frequently end up with people having no loot at the end of e.g. Manycoins due to the lack of a key if they didn't play the quest up to that point, which is yet another reason for some to drop out if they end up in the scenario randomly. Better handle it like the two chests in Master of the Hunt.

6. If someone gets kicked from a dungeon (!) with a harrassment vote, let them know. It happens time and again when a strong group wants to get rid of their only weak member in a tough dungeon instead of trying the boss one more time. It's easier to vote "harrassment", and if that's used for no reason, there should be drawbacks. In my experience one player in a group rather "harrasses" others into voting that way.
    So, basically, staring a vote about harrassment should come with the hint that dialogue of the last ten mins will be logged for DMs if the player complains, or something like that. Maybe also something like no way to kick a player for "harrassment" who did not use the chat in the last ten minutes at all. Basically, this is about weaker players getting harrassed for being not as high level as others.
  • maturutukimaturutuki Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    - Jumping puzzle skirmish/event map.
    - Enemies that cooperate against players.
    - Dungeons than needs to be fully explored to get all gear.
    - High randomized dungeon (made from lot of small pieces instead of some big like MEs).
    - Non-euclidean space dungeon.
    - Better rewards for all secrets places in and outside dungeons (at least for 1st time reaching them).
    - And more places with hidden rewards like that, even in theoretical out of main map, like in ME with underground lake boss area, where is possible to move to neighborhood cavern (without most textures).
    - Secret campaign across dungeons/other places with need to find small clues across places and lore to find reward.
    fyrstigor said:

hustin1 said:

fyrstigor said:

elsunga said:

Its the same set of mechanics. Making the same mechanics last longer because boss has more HP, or make them hit harder so u need more HP and defense. That doesnt make a dungeon harder, it just make its more reliant on gear. For the guys who have the gear it will be just as hard or easy.

And we already have 2 versions of everything. The normal version that everyone should be able to learn and do. And then u can do it as min itemlvl if u want things to last longer.
    No, we don't. We have single versions of everything that came after Svardborg.
    hustin1 said:

fyrstigor said:

hustin1 said:

fyrstigor said:

elsunga said:

No, we don't. We have single versions of everything that came after Svardborg.
    What u want is a harder version where mobs are harder to kill things take longer but all mechanics are the same anyway. We have that. The normal version. And then u can que as min itemlvl which gives just that, a version where things take longer and hit harder but with same mechanics. U can even throw in the no deaths mode too if u wanna make it harder.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    nooneatza said:

Before people jump on me saying i'm an elitistic idiot that only sees the game from an end game perspective, hear me out:
    Here's what this *very old player* would like in the future, i'm being serious, without any touch of troll:

More dungeons / trials / skirmishes with the "CR vibe"

By that i mean:
    Tie it heavily to the story of the module like you did with CR, throw a crapton of dialogue into it, give the enemies a personality
    Make the fights mechanics heavy as opposed to sponges, anything really, trobriands scaladars are a great example of this. (book in sisters fight and dwarves in withers fight are examples of mechanics well done)
    *Make them long but worthwhile, you don't need to add bis gear every module to make the dungeons appealing, UES, bigger than usual RAD rewards, marks of potency, bigger chances at random comps, those are a few random ideas
    *Tying the dungeon to a grind for bis gear only splits the community further (there's already heaps of 25k IL people saying tiamat is impossible, don't make them feel bad for lacking the newest weapons, they can't handle it)
    Introduce something like the hunt cards system for the dungeons
    And pay more attention to bug feedbacks, pay less attention to balance feedbacks. Players will find a way.

Yeah, but stuff like Barovia, where you grind for gear that's only marginally better than what you've got... not even have a different ability really, just slightly better stats... nope.

Gear with cool new visuals though? :D YES PLEASE!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • silverwolf#7884 silverwolf Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I'd like a dungeon where things change, we've seen magic relics in different locations in Master Expeditions but that's - meh. We've had different enemies to face in Illusionist's Gambit, I actually liked the different challenge this posed to the team.

Each bit of new content we get is great for a while then it's - just a grind, nothing new to surprise us.

Give me surprises, a puzzle that changes walls so they move and create new dungeon layouts.

The ability to ramp up or down the difficulty which also changes the loot-drop at the end.

A boss that conjures up different bosses to fight for him in an arena. Can you imagine being teleported to fight the Giant Dragon Turtle and Orcus at the same time ? But the enemies damage actually damages the other enemies too. Too much damage from one or the other boss and they turn on each other ....

Or we take the fight underwater where we move very slow and need to get to air-bubble pockets from giant clams before we fight again.

A dungeon where we have impossible gravity. Different floor levels can be seen and some floors turn upside down with their own gravity. The party able to jump up, and rotate around to walk on the ceiling.

Or the group being forced to split into two groups and fight along two differnt corridors but with "windows" where one group or the other can assist.

I want a dungeon where I'm walking along and part of the floor collapses sending some of the group down a long slide to fight different beasts before finding a way back up top.

I want an area where it gets dark but I can see the bright eyes of the enemies, of the shining vorpal enchant as the barbarian swings his sword, the Warlock lights up the area with Pillar of Power and the Wizard shoots a fireball highlighting enemies as it passes them. The fighter has a glowing "mark" above an enemy so we can see it when it tries to hide and crawls along the ceiling to pounce on us from behind.

I want configurable gear where it has X stat points that I can put into whatever stat I want. I get a great piece of armour with a nice offensive equip bonus but it comes with its configurable stats set to Crit; well I'm already capped so I want to change that to Combat Advantage .... sure, just run this skirmish a few times and see if you can get a transmogrification stone to change it at the special vendor in PE.

I want an ever changing dungeon of excitement, not something where I play it for a few weeks, learn the mechanics and get bored.

I want to be captivated, waiting in anticipation of what lies around the next corner because it's not the same as it was the last time I ran it 20 mins ago. I want new, bold, thrilling and I want it every single time.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    1) No bugs
    2) No unrealistically low entry gates
    3) No scaling
    4) No unrealistic DPS checks
    5) No unrealistic HP/temp HP checks
    6) No cut scenes
    7) Side areas/hidden bosses with worthwhile rewards
    8) End chests with worthwhile rewards
    9) No this-is-how-the-group-absolutely-must-be-formed meta
    10) It should be winnable with any group of reasonably competent players who are able to get in through the random queue

I disagree entirely with the poster who thinks future group content should resemble CR.
    CR is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. The cut scenes are irritating. The book and sword mechanics are pointless. The HP/healing check in the final boss fight causes group wipes all the time from the RAQ (in which it doesn't belong, by the way).

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

1. Possibility to manually disable a certain number of dungeons which your party failed / abandoned (e.g. where you were the last remaining player) for 3 times in random queues. This should save the whole party time and disappointments. I'm talking of greenhorns whi just made it to the necessary item level with not even half of the necessary gear into ToNG or similar, only because they try to run their Expert Queue.

If certain dungeons get disabled a lot, that's a hint for the devs that the scaling is totally off.

Disabling a queue might be temporarily, so after reaching another 1 or 2k of item level, it's back on track whether you want it or not, disabling options as above.

So, basically, staring a vote about harrassment should come with the hint that dialogue of the last ten mins will be logged for DMs if the player complains, or something like that. Maybe also something like no way to kick a player for "harrassment" who did not use the chat in the last ten minutes at all. Basically, this is about weaker players getting harrassed for being not as high level as others.

while I agree that if its possible one should keep the low level player there are circumstances where it's just going to end up with a fail for everyone. better to not let people in who don't meet caps. for important stats like arpen and make sure that the ilvl requirement is realistic. what would be better as far as votekick goes is make it instantly available. that way you can get rid of fire campers and if the group is really unhappy with one of their choices they can do it forthwith and not waste the persons time.

The HP/healing check in the final boss fight causes group wipes all the time from the RAQ (in which it doesn't belong, by the way).

U know its not a healing or HP check? U have to move correctly to avoid the flares, the big X and then u dont die and dont need healing or HP.

This is an advanced mechanic, so it sure belongs in advanced que. Dont hate the dungeon just because u and most others arent advanced enough to do the advanced content.
    fyrstigor said:

The HP/healing check in the final boss fight causes group wipes all the time from the RAQ (in which it doesn't belong, by the way).

U know its not a healing or HP check? U have to move correctly to avoid the flares, the big X and then u dont die and dont need healing or HP.

This is an advanced mechanic, so it sure belongs in advanced que. Dont hate the dungeon just because u and most others arent advanced enough to do the advanced content.
    Please stop telling people they're doing everything wrong. You've not been there, you do not know what they did and whether they did it right. Obviously, many peoples have severe problems with this dungeon, specifically the boss, so consider that they're not all idiots, but something is wrong in the system (e.g. the dungeon).

At its current state, CR belongs to req, not raq any more, since most groups who have no serious problem running the easier dungeons / skirmishes up to Master Demogorgon or Master Spellplague Caverns (which appears quite well-balanced to me) abandon it right on start. Same counts for CoDG and ToNG. That's part of why it gets a waste of time to queue for raq, and why lower level players have no other option, because nobody will take them along out of pity. The social part of queueing, at least in the higher ranks, is pretty rotten due to this.

fyrstigor said:

Please stop telling people they're doing everything wrong. You've not been there, you do not know what they did and whether they did it right. Obviously, many peoples have severe problems with this dungeon, specifically the boss, so consider that they're not all idiots, but something is wrong in the system (e.g. the dungeon).

At its current state, CR belongs to req, not raq any more, since most groups who have no serious problem running the easier dungeons / skirmishes up to Master Demogorgon or Master Spellplague Caverns (which appears quite well-balanced to me) abandon it right on start. Same counts for CoDG and ToNG. That's part of why it gets a waste of time to queue for raq, and why lower level players have no other option, because nobody will take them along out of pity. The social part of queueing, at least in the higher ranks, is pretty rotten due to this.
    When er person tells u last boss is a HP/healing check, u know they didnt do the mechanic. They just stood still hoping they would be tanky enough and have enough heals to survive.

I know many people have severe problems with this dungeon. They also have the same issues with CODG cause of the push pull. Both things require timing and reaction speed. And thats why a lot of players have issues with it. Some its because of ping, some its because of personal limits.

Devs have said before REQ is for the last 1 or 2 released places. So no CR does not belong there anymore.

U keep saying lower level players. Having LoMM capped stats means u can do all scaled content pretty well. And getting LoMM caps isnt that hard. Being a lower level player, not having stat caps, not having decent gear, u should expect to fail stuff like RAQ.

If no one wants to take them out of pity, maybe they should find a new guild / alliance. Running random que having bad builds, no stat caps, means ur expecting players in randoms to carry u though stuff. Those players are actually the most hard to the random system, cause they are the reason many abandon the harder stuff without even trying, cause they had experience in the past with players like this dragging the groups down.
    I agree, but that's still not the core of the problem. Consider that some random player you pick from the game does not read the forums, does at best read about his build on the web, does not follow Dev blogs and does not know how it came to be that RAQ features content they can easily run in a group of peers, and content they won't be able to run until their gear level is at least 5k higher, if not more. This leads to people trying for the promised AD. Nobody can tell them they're doing wrong, since the game both entices them and tells them they should be able to run these dungeons / skirmishes. If there were a few trying who cannot, that's one thing; if there are many, it breaks the game. That's what is currently happening. 22k+ players, if not even higher, get more and more separated from the others due to forming groups before entering RAQ, so the weaker ones end up in weak groups and fail without it being apparently their fault. There's a new queue level needed, since it's possible to beat Lostmauth at 20k, but not CR. Just mixing up everything below the newest content and above RIQ won't solve these issues.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    If players are confused by "don't stand in stuff" they have worse problems than the queues

If they go to well of Dragons they will get owned in any Heroic encounter.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I would love to see lower level skirmishes quable again. Now they are only accesable while your leveling up, there are nice ones there, other then that defenetly better loot, right now it very bad, sometimes you spend and hour playing a dungeon and get rare helmet that you can get almost anywhere else in a game. It would be nice to see seals and a random companion, mount or peace of artifact gear as well as the chance to get artifact.
    bojsha said:

I would love to see lower level skirmishes quable again. Now they are only accesable while your leveling up, there are nice ones there, other then that defenetly better loot, right now it very bad, sometimes you spend and hour playing a dungeon and get rare helmet that you can get almost anywhere else in a game. It would be nice to see seals and a random companion, mount or peace of artifact gear as well as the chance to get artifact.

This was brought up during a fairly recent livestream and @mimicking#6533 said he didn't want to do that. It's really really hard to get in a queue before outleveling them as it seems most people seem to just skip them. I'm having to transfer crazy-high enchantments and runestones to new alts so I can solo them (with a lot of deaths). New characters don't have rank 11+ stuff sitting around where they can do something like this, though, and some skirmishes are never encountered again once you are too high a level. It makes leveling a new alt needlessly nerve-wracking.
  • ogeafaogeafa Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I'd like to see more reasons to revisit the older content in a logical manner. Weekly/Monthly quests can be added in various locations throuout the realm. Maybe a bounty type situation requested by Knox or some other NPC or.?. These could appear in the form of a dungeon or as a raid of sorts. The story could be intertwined with several NPCs already in place. Finish the mini quest to enable the que. Maybe a mystery, a chase of sorts, or a riddle? They could even be of the PVP variety at times. As far as rewards go, perhaps nothing too special but worth it in the end. Yet another collectable, non-tradable currency to buy some new 2 or 3 stat Runestones?
    I'd also like to see random ques for this sort of thing to kind of automaticly group players either by level or by ITL in some fashion. If the scores are high, make it harder, if they are low, make it easier. Scale the rewards in the same manner.

I'd also like to see the ME, WE and FE moved to the common que format. Allowing for people to join them as a random or private runs. This would make finding groups a lot easier for people. This would also allow people to be somewhere beside Yawning Portal while they wait.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    ogeafa said:

I'd like to see more reasons to revisit the older content in a logical manner. Weekly/Monthly quests can be added in various locations throuout the realm. Maybe a bounty type situation requested by Knox or some other NPC or.?.

You mean like Sybella's Legacy Campaigns?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.