test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where do you want to go After Mod 17? Here is my Idea to what they could do for a future mod as well

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
edited August 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
I was watching the stream the uprising maintenance one.

Now they would not go into what they are planning but Spelljammer is one possible interest now that is a long shot. But given where we are at in the storyline. I have my own idea as to what they could do. They could do a limited spell jammer thing. By allowing us to go to another Asteroid. What better location then one then an asteroid that has deep connection to Neverwinter itself?
This is the Asteroid right here its called White Stone. Copied and Pasted lore on it down below.
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Whitestone
The lore on it is pretty interesting. This is the geology
The citadel was a mountain-sized city, carved out of an enormous white stone. It was shaped to resemble a helmed long-bearded dwarf warrior.[1]

The citadel's main entrance was through the figure's "mouth". The entrance led to a lake on which a number of spelljammers were kept docked for different purposes.[1]

Whitestone's slow orbit around Toril and its own motion within the Tears brought it closest to the planet during winter in north Faerûn. The dwarves took advantage of this proximity to send mining ships to Mount Hotenow and the surrounding areas in the Neverwinter Wood

The fact is not only is the shape of this asteroid pretty dang interesting. Its deeply connected to Neverwinter itself. What I think is they could tie this Asteroid to an Illithid Plot within Neverwinter. Get the Gith Involved Somehow and of Course the Spell Jamming Dwarves that come down in the winter to Mine Mount Hotenow. Not only allowing us to explore this unique Asteroid In Space but actually defend Neverwinter from Space itself. Plus get some cool Dwarven SpellJammer Content and outfits possibly to go with it all. Doesn't need to be a major content update. Maybe some new social locations another view of Toril maybe another view point to see the moon or other asteroids.
What are your thoughts now this is my idea. Anyone have ideas as to what you want to see for future content?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    It is "Neverwinter". It needs to stay on Toril.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    Where do I want to go? Sigil. Come on, make it happen, Monte Cook even did a campaign with Orcus a few decades ago (would only be the third time we face Orcus :P)
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I want to go back to the Foundry, because honestly @thevampinator that was the only way good content was made. We all know that is not going to happen. But that is where I want to go. I already said this on another thread, "At this point in time, it is hard to say if they plan to expand Stardock any further. For example, I don't expect Spelljammers to show up in the Zen Store soon. This has the feeling it is a done deal and module 18 and future mods will be about something "elsewhere". Cryptic has shown no desire to return to any module and finish what they started."

If we still had the Foundry, I would be happy to play your quest line or assist you in creating it. The simple fact is we don't and to be honest the old Foundry editor was never kept up to date on the resource material. Now I am starting to depress myself, time to break off here for a good cry and go lay down for a bit. :(
    wb-cenders.gif
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    NO to Spelljammer...that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is just plain stupid. There are numerous cities they haven’t used...
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Going by the prevailing logic that NWN creates modules that align with WoTC publications, next in line after The Yawning Portal/Waterdeep books is The Ghosts of Saltmarsh followed by a Baldur's Gate book. However, given that the BG book is DIRECTLY tied to an upcoming BG game I doubt Cryptic has permission to develop that book into a new module.

Soooo...Saltmarsh, maybe?
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Ghosts of saltmarsh might be setting neutral like the other module books they have done but its still Greyhawk not forgotten realms as there is no Salt Marsh within Forgotten Realms . I'm guessing that the BG one could be done since I don't think its really a mindflayer thing which will be the storyline most likely in balders gate 3 but a trip to hell type of thing. So they could maybe use that. Would not mind a sea campaign. But I imagine it wouldn't be as impressive unless they add in new coding to make ship on ship travel and combat realistic and open. So I imagine Descent into Avernus. Would be the next logical one. Because One its not fully baulders gate. But maybe a prequal story involving characters in Baulders gate. Which I imagine they would be able to do since they have been able to do the other stuff like Chult and Undermountain. Avernus is the first layer of Hell basically sees a lot of Blood War activity. So a lot of the content within the bg book would involve the Nine Hells itself. The one warlock quest does allow you to travel to the forth or fifth layer of hell to meet your patron. So doing a zone in hell could work and they could do a story with that. Unless they do an Eberron or Ravnica Crossover one. I think Decent into Avernus would be the most logical next big module one they could possibly do because for one they wouldn't have to cross us over to another world. Another reason it would be much easier to tell a story to get us there. Compared to a story where oh this area on another world you don't know anything about wants new ship captains or travelers or whatever and we must spelljam or portal over there right away. Unless they change it to another sea. The Salt Marsh story would have to be on the greyhawk world because that is where Salt Marsh is. Baulders Gate is the next forgotten realms centric model they are doing. So if they do anything hopefully it would be this.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Where do I want to go? Sigil. Come on, make it happen, Monte Cook even did a campaign with Orcus a few decades ago (would only be the third time we face Orcus :P)

Rembered how many times we faced Valindra ? ^^
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

I want to go back to the Foundry, because honestly @thevampinator that was the only way good content was made. We all know that is not going to happen. But that is where I want to go. I already said this on another thread, "At this point in time, it is hard to say if they plan to expand Stardock any further. For example, I don't expect Spelljammers to show up in the Zen Store soon. This has the feeling it is a done deal and module 18 and future mods will be about something "elsewhere". Cryptic has shown no desire to return to any module and finish what they started."

If we still had the Foundry, I would be happy to play your quest line or assist you in creating it. The simple fact is we don't and to be honest the old Foundry editor was never kept up to date on the resource material. Now I am starting to depress myself, time to break off here for a good cry and go lay down for a bit. :(

THIS. It's painfully obvious that the devs have little to no interest in storytelling and now we can't even fill in the vacuum ourselves. I've been playing other games to scratch the itch but I'd prefer to not have to.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured