test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unlock Gith race rules?

obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
edited August 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Am wondering if you have to roll a Gith character (or change a previous one) to permanently unlock the Gith race within this first month.

If people think that just playing the game at all during the first or second two weeks (depending on vip status) unlocks the Gith - and they’re *wrong* - i’d expect backlash.

I rolled a Gith just to be safe, but does anyone know the *actual trigger point* for permanently unlocking the race? (Or is the Unlock going to go away in a month, even if you rolled a Gith?)
Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Why do you think they are wrong?

Do you mean the "Gith race unlock" pop up message when you login right after mod 17 launch was a lie?

Also, the following is a lie too?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11229113-neverwinter:-uprising-now-live!

New Race- the gith! To go along with the new beginning of the game clean up, we are excited to announce that this brand new playable race will be available with the launch of Neverwinter: Uprising!

The new gith race will be free for a limited time:

Free to VIP for the first 2 weeks of the module (August 13 - August 26)
    Free to everyone (including VIP) for the 2 weeks after that (August 27 - September 9)
    Starting September 10, players who didn’t log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race.

Do you mean instead of:

Starting September 10, players who didn’t log in for the free gith will have to buy a pack to get access to this race.

it should be written as:

Starting September 10, everyone will have to buy a pack to get access to this race.

?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    I got another message about the Gith race as soon as I started playing one. Perhaps that’s an achievement rather than a notification.

Mostly noticed when I started mod 17 that the Gith race had a grayed out Lock next to it. I took that as a possibility that the full lock could return.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Regardless of the meaning, if VIP and non-VIP players want it free they will get it this month or before the time ends. What I don't see happening with this new race, is future players choosing to buy it.
    For example; Bob is a brand new player in October and has some money to spend on this game. He buys some Zen and looks at paid races... Dragonborn or Gith? What do you think Bob is going to spend his Zen on?

I don't plan to own a paid race anytime soon, but they should have went with the Tabaxi and not the no nosed Gith with liver spots. I might have actually spent cash on the Tabaxi one. I like cats. If they didn't want Tabaxi because the model is too complex then there is Gnome, Goliath, and Warforged. They could have added a race from the games NPCs such as; Yuan-ti, Lizard Folk, or Aarakocra. What is more disappointing is their choice to add a 14th race and not a 9th class.

I will more than likely have the ability to make a Gith but not the desire.
    wb-cenders.gif
    Will the following be good enough? (Of course, unless it is a lie too).

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11232193-patch-notes:-version:-nw.115.20190729e.13

New Playable Race: Gith

Not only can you ally yourself with the gith in their ancient battle against the mind flayers, you can also create a gith character, yourself! For the two weeks of the module, all players with VIP will unlock the gith race for free. For the two weeks after that, all players can unlock the gith race for free. To unlock the race, just log in and load up to any map with a new or existing character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Got it. I’d never paid to unlock Dragonborn so perhaps when you unlock any race the gray lock stays there. I apologize for misreading the announcement.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    so the question still remains
    does loggin in simply enough to unlock it permenatly? or like mentioned bny others you gotta create or race reroll another to gith to perm unlock???
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Well, i was going to wait for the next seasonal sale... but then i pulled a "25% discount on any pack" coupon from an Invoking Bag and simply bought the Gith race pack. 3k ZEN for another account-wide 30 slot bag, epic companion and mount, plus the other stuff seems to be a good deal.

Bonus, i don't have to worry about the Gith race unlock anymore too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

Well, i was going to wait for the next seasonal sale... but then i pulled a "25% discount on any pack" coupon from an Invoking Bag and simply bought the Gith race pack. 3k ZEN for another account-wide 30 slot bag, epic companion and mount, plus the other stuff seems to be a good deal.

Bonus, i don't have to worry about the Gith race unlock anymore too.

Yes, I probably will buy the pack when there is a deep discount. :)
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I do tend to wonder what the copyright issues that had with Tabaxi. I wonder if it had anything to do with them looking quite similar to Khajit in ESO?
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    It was a licensing issue. I don't think it was copyright. That would mean all the cat races out there in so many games. Would be effected by it. Someone in zone chat made a mention about female hamsters or something. That they don't have them or whatever. I can see that being an issue if they wanted to create tabaxi of both genders while also having to make unique body models for the tabaxi females to exclude the hamsters. I would have just used the standard female model maybe take it where its at its lowest setting if that was the issue. But I wonder what licensing issues they had that prevented them from doing it. Hopefully one day we will get an answer but one things for sure if it was going to be tabaxi then you can be sure that bard might very well be the next class. Because of the hints and the event with the bard outfit and tabaxi.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Could just be a matter of WotC/Hasbro saying "No".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Could just be a matter of WotC/Hasbro saying "No".

Well could be, but then they didn't say no to the Gith. My guess it has to do with where it first came from. Possibly the creator or something of the race plus the setting it came from. I don't know if a dev could inlighten us on this one would really be helpful in understanding. My guess it was the models plus the licensing they had to possibly get to even use it that led to them deciding against making it a race. A pity, would have be interesting. I do hope they change their minds about gnomes as they are not lame and would make very interesting foes as well. Just give them explosives, blunderbusses, flintlock pistols hand canons and canons. Along with gun sword or whtever wacky gnomish invention that could be used as a weapon and they would be cool not lame.
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    wasn't a big fan of the Gith thought it was the most ugly race I have ever seen how can anyone call this one beautiful when its not I guess it just shows you that cryptic cant think out side of the box why they fail trying to create stuff that has no human features