test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with my barbarian

lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
ive been going thru undermountain....so far its been pretty easy. Just now however i hit lava fields.....and im being endlessly one - shotted by pretty much everything. Im clueless on what to do. anyone got some advice...a power loadout..anything that can help?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Watch your surrounding and try to key one group of mob each time instead of somehow aggro'sing a bunch of them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I was looking for a power loadout and other types of help, not an obvious playstyle type of comment :(
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Without knowing what you're doing, what your gear is, etc., pretty much all we can say is "don't step in the lava".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    That doesn't sound normal. You need better defensive stats.
    edited August 2019
    lame22334 said:

I was looking for a power loadout and other types of help, not an obvious playstyle type of comment :(

I don't know what else to tell you besides play style. I put 6 different classes to Undermountain. None of them had your type of issue including Cleric. Barbarian would just kill anything with a look. And, they did not have 'power layout' because that would be set up AFTER they finished mod 16 campaign and got most of their gear and weapon from the campaign.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    I had similar problems with all my toons (includes barbarian). In my case I just had to update my equipment from primal to whatever I was finding in undermountain that was in fact better than what I had and not just an IL increase. Excludes the body armor and bracers which I just purchased from the undermountain seal trader.

In terms of enchantments I purchased all level 9's to replace all my level 7s. (excludes the Black Ice ones as I consider those to be out of my price range).

In terms of companions all bonding runestones were purchased at level 9. for all I made sure the pink ability slot was used with a healing one for all of them.

Also, for the more squishy ones I also, made and equipped a Barkshield Enchantment. (In terms of AD cost in AH it is just cheaper to make the barkshield ones yourself.)

I can now solo a 1 rune ME with any of my characters with minimal potion, re-spawn or stone of health use! (with the stone of health only getting used when facing more than one of those grave thingies!)

For me, my GWF, GF and Warlock are the ones that still run into re-spawn problems more often than the rest. And, in most cases it is simply because I do not have the healing potion or stone of health equipped until after I find out I need it for a particular combat situation!
  • lame22334lame22334 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    i have a full set of the chult special vendor gear across the board...ive pushed them all to purple with my weapons orange....its why im confused...the recommended for undermountain says 9k...im just shy of 13k and im still getting wasted. I did finally get thru to near the end of vakrandoom...or however its spelled. Its just i see others absolutely wasting everything...and im being eaten left and right.
    edited August 2019
    lame22334 said:

i have a full set of the chult special vendor gear across the board...ive pushed them all to purple with my weapons orange....its why im confused...the recommended for undermountain says 9k...im just shy of 13k and im still getting wasted. I did finally get thru to near the end of vakrandoom...or however its spelled. Its just i see others absolutely wasting everything...and im being eaten left and right.

I think the gear Nevermember gave you may be better than what you have (not all though). At least, they would increase your HP. Also, the gear you received along the campaign can be better too. For example, the chest piece Nevermember gave you has 5% damage.