test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uprising Launch Week Bugs

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of Uprising. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on PC.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Major Known Issues
  • Gith unlock requires VIP Rank 3+ - This is set to be fixed on Thursday 8/15 This is now Fixed!
  • Dragonborn Ceremonial Headband, Dragonborn Warrior Helmet, & Jarl's Gaze cannot currently be saved to the head slot of the Appearance window for dragonborn characters, even though they display for those characters - This will be fixed in a future patch
  • The Calm Mage decoration from Halaster's Lockbox currently cannot be donated to the Stronghold Guild Hall. This will be fixed in a future patch
  • PvP matches are currently granting less Glory than intended. The amount of Glory given will be increased in a future patch as part of a larger plan relating to a PvP-focused event
  • Level 80 professions recipes available on the Preview shard require further testing before going live
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I cannot launch the client after the patch.

Unable to start game client: Windows error code 2 (While attempting to format, received error code 1813.

Win10 x64 1809

Update: Complete reinstall solved problem.

Update 2: It's back. :-( Unable to start game client: Windows error code 2 (While attempting to format, received error code 1813.)
    Post edited by elsunga on
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Companions are still working in PVP.
    Neither the new PVP boons nor the campaign are available (as announced in https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1250554/pvp-boons/p1)
    PVP season says it's in progress, but also that it starts tomorrow (Aug 14), and has no description.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Professions Recipes for level 71-80 are not available on the live server.
    I don't know if it is a bug or Professions update have been delayed intentionally.
    A confirmation of this will be appreciated.
    Thank you
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    All mention of professions level increase eas removed from the patch notes. Apparently it is intentional but wasn't told what the issue is. From what I saw this weekend, it didn't seem at all ready for release.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    All dyes have been stripped off my Fashion gear, and none of the stripped colours are unlocked. For example, on my DC "Miri Shieldheart@lowjohn" my fashion gear *was* a Sigimaster's set in black and red and gold, looking like this. Now it's the basic colours, with no unlocks, like this.
  • akeysdev#3222 akeysdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer
    lowjohn said:

All dyes have been stripped off my Fashion gear, and none of the stripped colours are unlocked. For example, on my DC "Miri Shieldheart@lowjohn" my fashion gear *was* a Sigimaster's set in black and red and gold, looking like this. Now it's the basic colours, with no unlocks, like this.

This is actually not a bug. We've updated all the dye colors, which reset items with those dyes to their default colors - as many of the old colors no longer exist.
    You can redye your slots using the basic colors (the unlocked row at the top of the Color Library window), or you can unlock Advanced dyes by obtaining and consuming the dyes that grant those colors. If you mouseover the Advanced colors, each one should indicate which dye pack(s) unlock that color.
    You should be able to very closely approximate your character's previous look this way.

I hope this helps!
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

This is actually not a bug. We've updated all the dye colors, which reset items with those dyes to their default colors - as many of the old colors no longer exist.
    [...]
    I hope this helps!

That does help. So this will happen to all items using a now-removed colour, and the fact that it happened only on my fashion sets was just a coincidence based on my colour choices? If I'd had an un-colour on my main gear it would have un-dyed there?

That is good to know, thank you.
  • tankman#3006 tankman Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sergeant Knox has disappeared.
  • tankman#3006 tankman Member Posts: 2 New User
    He's not at his normal post in protectors enclave.
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Sergeant Knox has disappeared.

Knox is at the place where the event vendor was. Look at the map, Protector Enclave has been reorganized.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @tankman#3006 Knox is now at the Event podium, the event npc moved to the mount area and the mount area moved to foundry board.
  • blazing13gaugyblazing13gaugy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have quite a big problem. I can't even play the game because it doesn't make sense since I have "UNTRANSLATED" everywhere.

The version of Neverwinter I was currently playing had Polish translations. Currently, all skills, insignia, runes, armors, potions and other have the inscription "UNTRANSLATED". I understand that Neverwinter will no longer be translated into Polish, but I would ask you to translate it into English so that you can play it. Until this problem is resolved, I don't know if it makes sense for Google to start the game.
  • prioriuspriorius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    After this new expansion my characters have lost many fashion items. Some of the items were my very favourite items and they disappeared!!! Is it possible to regain them?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    priorius said:

After this new expansion my characters have lost many fashion items. Some of the items were my very favourite items and they disappeared!!! Is it possible to regain them?

I have not checked that myself but one of the major change is about appearance. Your fashion items might just be moved to another tab.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User

I have quite a big problem. I can't even play the game because it doesn't make sense since I have "UNTRANSLATED" everywhere.

The version of Neverwinter I was currently playing had Polish translations. Currently, all skills, insignia, runes, armors, potions and other have the inscription "UNTRANSLATED". I understand that Neverwinter will no longer be translated into Polish, but I would ask you to translate it into English so that you can play it. Until this problem is resolved, I don't know if it makes sense for Google to start the game.

My friend had the same problem, and his selected language was "Portuguese" (our native language). Changing the game language to English (on the launcher options) solved the issue for him.

As the Portuguese translation was always terrible, most Brazilian players change the language to English anyway (at least in my guild). But new players will probably find this very confusing. I hope they fix it soon.
  • akeysdev#3222 akeysdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2019
    priorius said:

So with Fashion items, most items which were bound to your character should have been moved into your Fashion Appearance Libraries.
    If you go to Character Sheet > Appearance tab > Fashion Appearance (button), you can click on the dropdown menu for each fashion slot and select, "Change Appearance Item" - and it will show you the fashion appearances you have for that slot. Each slot has its own personal library.

Forgot to mention: if it turns out your items aren't in those bags, please feel free to add a note to this thread, so we can look into it.
    Post edited by akeysdev#3222 on
  • lordni#0977 lordni Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi
    I have the problem with my computer that it restarts every time i try to get into the game.
    Since the update it has happened 6 times, before update zero times.
    My hardware and system specs

it seems like the problem is from the game, but i'm not sure. today after the update i have been restarted 6 times.

If you need more information feel free to wirte to me :)
  • ryano#2165 ryano Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I bought a race reroll token at the zen-market last week, the option then showed up via right-click on character-selection-screen as it should ... I did not use it, but now it is gone

and I tried to send an in-game ticket/bug-report with exactly the text above and it said "profanity is not allowed"
  • diabelek336diabelek336 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    after update it crash translate someone know why?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

I bought a race reroll token at the zen-market last week, the option then showed up via right-click on character-selection-screen as it should ... I did not use it, but now it is gone

and I tried to send an in-game ticket/bug-report with exactly the text above and it said "profanity is not allowed"

The race re-roll token only appears when you login. Once you login to a character and then "switch to another character", you will not see it. What you need to do is to logout from your account and then login back in (don't go into any character). You will see your re-roll token.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jaylia#4441 jaylia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I do have fashion items missing, whole sets in some cases. I noticed that not all fashion items came through on the preview server so I made a list of every piece of fashion clothing all my characters have, and some things did not make it through the launch of the new mod. I understand how the new system works, but some items are not available in the new appearance tab drop down menus for tops, pants and hats.

UPDATE: I found all but one of the missing items back in the inventory bag.
    Post edited by jaylia#4441 on
  • ryano#2165 ryano Member Posts: 4 Arc User

The race re-roll token only appears when you login. Once you login to a character and then "switch to another character", you will not see it. What you need to do is to logout from your account and then login back in (don't go into any character). You will see your re-roll token.

Yes, thank you, that solved it !!

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    +1

"PvP matches are currently granting less Glory than intended. The amount of Glory given will be increased in a future patch as part of a larger plan relating to a PvP-focused event"

"Pvp focused event" hmmm Whats this ? : D *Rubs hands Together* : D

nice Spoiler : D
  • malignantmind#3340 malignantmind Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Surely the fact that there's no actual campaign and only two quests a day and nothing else to do in the new mod is a bug....right? r-right? Guys? This is just a bug or a bad joke, right?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I created a Gith but I don't have my Foundry Apprentice and Foundry Graduate cloaks. Those are account unlocks for every new alt.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • flambda#7559 flambda Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    A bug from when M16 was released that might be fixed when the updated professions are released and the higher level potions can be created, but I'll put it here just in case. (I didn't know about the bug super-thread a few months ago, so didn't report it then.)

Tymora's Lucky Enchantment is a utility enchantment that has a chance to drop a Hidden Pouch when you kill an enemy. The contents of the pouch can include gems, uncommon jewelry, gold, and level-appropriate potions. The bug is that with the increase in level cap and the introduction of higher level potions, the possible potions that could be received from the pouch were not updated, so it still gives the old level 70 potions even though they are no longer level-appropriate.

Another bug related to potions that's new with this mod: The level 70 and the level 80 healing potions are both named "Exalted Potion of Healing". Previously, the level 80 was called... stupendous, or something like that.

This discussion has been closed.