test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rubber banding massively AGAIN in a new mod release

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
Yet again on a new release the rubber banding is insane . Doing the single player instances through stardock and it's so bad it's not a joke anymore .
Why does Cryptic keep putting out that is obviously not right ( I know they have deadlines to meet from Wizards of the Coast ) but it should be embarassing to them to CONSTANTLY put out unfinished work ......

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    The first day. Everybody are downloading a big patch. Server busy is expected as that happened every time when a new mod launches.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    Not likely as of the 2 areas available today both my toons rubber banded in only 1 of the 2 ( the watery one chosen from the left side of the map ) . The right sides were fine with no noticeable rubberbanding .
    On the one from the left I was bouncing around for 4 or even 5 secs and had to stand still at each point for a sec or two to pick up dropped items . I bet that if I ran a third toon it would be the same scenarios
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    First day/week of launches are and will always be like this due to the amount of activity the server is doing. The fact that the maps are only for you/party will make the servers lag because that means there are X number of instances all with combat occurring throughout the entire map separate from what the player is doing. Either try to play during slow times or wait a few days if you have a bad connection.
  • Options
    jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    "You have been disconnected from the server because you were idle more than 15 minutes".

I was actually actively playing inside the first m17 quest/expedition for those 15 minutes.

Fortunately, I got right back into my in-progress expedition when I logged back in.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    jelara1 said:

"You have been disconnected from the server because you were idle more than 15 minutes".

I was actually actively playing inside the first m17 quest/expedition for those 15 minutes.

Fortunately, I got right back into my in-progress expedition when I logged back in.

You did not pay attention. A wizard casted "Steal time" to you. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    ya rubber banding is back . got say its not as bad when well of dragons came out on a dragon run u had 60 to70 zones open and 5 or more groups running dragons also at that time astral seal used by multiple clerics would cause lag . that was worse than the rubber banding now but any does make the game not so fun.
  • Options
    maruda#1373 maruda Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    Big patch xD