test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New bags and old bound bags

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
It's all nice, really, but somehow almost every time something new is added it's bittersweet to the point I rather not see it added.
Really like bigger bags, we all know that inventory is always an issue, especially with the insignia now, but what I'm supposed to do with the old bags?

Lets say I have about 25 of those nice runic bags, I'm supposed to just discard them? At least allow to trade 3:2 for the new bag. (or 2:1, bad but better than nothing)

Comments

• fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Bank space > bag space. Solves all problems. Gives more slots / zen too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    IMO, no point to buy extra bag if you don't have unused bag slot. Hence, wait for them to add bag slot before you buy any.
    I max'ed out shared bank slots and some characters' bank slots for years.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited August 2019

fyrstigor said:

More shared bank space would be nice.
    Gaaah, this, sooooo much!!!
    I will instantly buy the maximum amount of slots, I wouldn't even wait for a coupon or a sale, if they addeda ton of slots to the shared bank.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    What about specific bag for insignias ... ?

Shhhhhhhh! Don't give them that idea. Bag means you need to buy it. You should ask for Insignia tab. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Shhhhhhhh! Don't give them that idea. Bag means you need to buy it. You should ask for Insignia tab. :)
    That was my though ;) Maybe I didn't expressed it well ;)
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited August 2019

What about placing Insignia in a different tab altogether other than bag inventory???

I mean the developers made an entirely new tab for Vanity Pets, why not for Insignia?

It's either purchase additional bag space - which means buying a new bags - which means figuring out what to do with the old bags for Insignia storage, or purchasing new tab slot space (like fashion slot space) for Insignia...

Me, I'd prefer the inventory slots in a new tab as opposed to buying new inventory bags, which would still leave me with trying to figure our what to do with the old bags.

Of course then all Cryptic/Neverwinter has to do is to keep introducing new Insignia to get some players to purchase more tab slots to store insignia... but to buy a new bag just because I run out of room to store insignia - Not something I would ever consider.

fyrstigor said:

:+1:

I think even more personal bank space would be nice... or at least preferable to some of the alternatives
    DD~
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    With Mod 17, I free up around 40 bank and bag slots as I get rid of various transmute items, so I don't feel the pressure to buy the new bags.

I would buy a full set of bags nevertheless, if the Runic bags were BtA, so I could move them to lesser-played alts, but for now, nah....not spending my money on the new bags,

Suggestion 1: Make existing Runic Bags BtA. It will increase the sales of the new bags.

As a side note, in mod 17 I am also freeing up 150+ fashion item slots. and the fashion tab now just looks silly and annoying. I spent a nice bit on expending it, and now it's utterly useless.

Suggestion2:Move the Fashion slots below the Vanity pet slots, as the fashion slots are practically not used with Mod 17
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited August 2019
    I happen to think for players who spend their real world currency for things like inventory bags, companion slots, fashion slots, etc. only to have Neverwinter make many of those things pretty much obsolete has become a lesson in the futility of spending any (or much) real world money to purchase items from Neverwinter - period.

I spent real world cash to purchase (max) level 60 elite gear with some nice attributes, but Neverwinter raised the character level and released new higher item level gear, both I could live with, but also removed all of the playable attributes from that elite level 60 gear - which immediately made me regret spending real world money on that gear.

I spent real world cash for inventory bags to have more inventory storage, then Neverwinter comes out with different bags that contain more inventory slots - which immediately made me regret spending real world money for inventory bags.

I purchased character slots to enable me to run random queue with several characters to more quickly accumulate Astral Diamonds, then Neverwinter changed the acquisition of AD's to one character per account - which immediately made me regret spending real world money for character slots.

I only purchased one additional fashion slot and that was with "left over Zen" from a different purchase and just because I didn't want to part with a fashion item already in my inventory - now we are being informed those purchased fashion slots will become all but obsolete with the next Mod release...

Suffice it to be known I and many other players with whom I am personally acquainted do not even consider spending money as freely as we once did figuring so much of what we might be inclined to spend money on will be made all but worthless within a short period of time.

It is what it is and as a result I personally believe Neverwinter has shot itself in their own financial foot.
    DD~
    When u spend money on quick fix things like armor and such that gets replaced often its ur own fault for wasting ur Zen.

If u spent zen on bags just a week or two before new bags came out i can see it being irritating. But that doesnt really happen often. Its happened 1 time in the soon 3 years i have been playing.

The change to AD and random rewards was well know from preview and such long before it went to live. And yet more toons still = more invokes to get more chances of coal wards. All my toons slots have more than paid for themselves with just the coal wards ive gotten over such a long time.

Ive spent a lot of money on this game when i was new. But i used my zen as investment in my future instead of a quick fix fund. And i dont regret all the money i used.

Its nothing different than going out in the real world and making an impulse buy, only to see a few weeks later a new model of w/e comes out. U cant really blame the game because U make bad impulse decisions.
    edited August 2019
    I am cheap and do not buy stuff unless there is a discount, prefer deep discount such as 90% off for character slots which I purchased a lot and still have many unused.
    I do not buy stuff that I don't feel that has long term effect.

To deal with inventory space, I bought Dragonborn pack + character slots instead of inventory bag.
    To deal with moving inventory around among characters easily, I bought shared bank slot and not bank slot.
    I did not buy any bag and most of the bags were free from various promotions. I still have an unused runic bag (recruitment event) in the bank at the moment.
    edited August 2019
    fyrstigor said:

When u spend money on quick fix things like armor and such that gets replaced often its ur own fault for wasting ur Zen.

Great advice for someone who's been playing Neverwinter for a while, not so much for new or newish players who are looking to catch up with those who have been playing for a while who have been griping at you for being under geared...

Just a comment from my perspective back then.
    fyrstigor said:

If u spent zen on bags just a week or two before new bags came out i can see it being irritating. But that doesnt really happen often. Its happened 1 time in the soon 3 years i have been playing.

The change to AD and random rewards was well know from preview and such long before it went to live. And yet more toons still = more invokes to get more chances of coal wards. All my toons slots have more than paid for themselves with just the coal wards ive gotten over such a long time.

Ive spent a lot of money on this game when i was new. But i used my zen as investment in my future instead of a quick fix fund. And i dont regret all the money i used.

Its nothing different than going out in the real world and making an impulse buy, only to see a few weeks later a new model of w/e comes out. U cant really blame the game because U make bad impulse decisions.

I'm not blaming the game per-sea just saying after a couple of times of what I consider "getting burned" for investing in the game, I've become much more cautious about spending ANY money for Zen to obtain items and much more frugal about spending that money...

If that was the intent and purpose of Cryptic/Neverwinter, getting people regret spending money if they don't know any better or to spend less money purchasing Zen, player packs or w/e - mission accomplished.

I am cheap and do not buy stuff unless there is a discount, prefer deep discount such as 90% off for character slots which I purchased a lot and still have many unused.
    I do not buy stuff that I don't feel that has long term effect.

To deal with inventory space, I bought Dragonborn pack + character slots instead of inventory bag.
    To deal with moving inventory around among characters easily, I bought shared bank slot and not bank slot.
    I did not buy any bag and most of the bags were free from various promotions. I still have an unused runic bag (recruitment event) in the bank at the moment.

Agreed, now I don't buy anything unless there is a deep discount and I believe the long term benefit of buying that item is there, unfortunately that was a lesson I learned the hard way.
    DD~
    Considering a buy. Looking at long term use. What to get it cheapest. Do u really need it. Is it worth the cost.

All those questions or considerations is something u should do for most things ur gonna buy in life, not just in a game. Being a compulsive buyer can be expensive, but cant blame the seller for it.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    I'm with many of you that all bags should be converted to BtA on equip and either:
    - Convert all currently BtC bags into BtA bags with a backend process.
    - Add a new tab to the exchange vendor that exchanges bags into BtA bags (like you did with insignias). I know that vendors can't check bound status but the chance a player exchanges an unbound bag for a BtA bag is very low.

As an additional feedback, bag of holding (12 slot) has been removed (deprecated) but the game still has some sources that give you those deprecated 12 slot bags.
    Some of these sources are missions so maybe you could point that they are free, except for all the time involved doing the missions, so for me these ones could stay.
    The sources that I see as a "bug" are the ones that come from the Zen Store like:
    - The new Gith booster pack (inside an Adventurer's support pack). This being a new pack released after the bag changes makes no sense for me.
    - Adventurer's support pack.
    - Defender of Neverwinter pack. Defender bag of holding and bag of holding (inside an Adventurer's support pack), both 12 slot.
    - Moon Elf race pack. Fey bag of holding and bag of holding (inside an Adventurer's support pack), both 12 slot.
    - Renegade Drow race pack. Embroidered bag of holding and bag of holding (inside an Adventurer's support pack), both 12 slot.

All those 4 zen (non free) packs give you deprecated items that have been removed from the same zen store.

I do hope that all those non free deprecated 12 slot bags are converted to a non deprecated one, and it would be great if the free ones are converted to non deprecated ones too.

Thanks in advance.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Some more feedback from me trying to equip the 30 slot Gith bag to the alters.

Please, add an option so we can exchange a bag for a bigger one because currently we can't do that unless it's empty. There should be an option so the system just equips the new bag and moves the items to the new bag one.
    edited August 2019
    Alternately it would be nice if the bags already owned would have trade in value slightly higher than an invocation coupon (say a 35% discount to purchase price) so players looking to upsize with a new inventory bag AND dispose of an an existing bag. One click and the new bag replaces the old bag and contents of old bag automatically transferred into the new bag as it appears on the player's screen... Yeah, probably not practical but a person can still dream.
    DD~
    edited August 2019
    A big shared bank has been a "requirement" for this type of operation.
    I personally don't want the "transfer to bigger bag feature" which IMO, is just a better than nothing alternative. What I want is more bag slots (such as 10 for now). "Transfer to bigger bag" needs extra programming. Adding bag slots is more or less no effort, at least, a lot less work than the "transfer".
    edited August 2019
    Interesting concept, buying inventory bag slots - like buying bank space slots, instead of introducing a "new bag"... Now there's something to think about.
    DD~
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

fyrstigor said:

I don't understand why they don't offer this? They complain that people aren't spending well, here's something that we are clamouring to spend on but the are -- NOPE.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    What I would like to see is an Armory Vault added to our Guild Hall that only accepts "Bound-to-Character" items. Players have a glut of items they can't store on any other character that waste's the space in their bags & bank slots. By allowing guilds to construct a Vault upgrade... we are allowing bags to contain more useful items instead of "overflow junk". If a player leaves their company or joins a company with a smaller vault, the items in the vault could still be removed, but new items could not be placed in the slots..
    edited August 2019

fyrstigor said:

I don't understand why they don't offer this? They complain that people aren't spending well, here's something that we are clamoring to spend on but the are -- NOPE.
    My guess is the company can't make bank spaces obsolete like they can bags so by bringing out "bigger and better bags" instead of just adding more bank space, they can have intentional and planned obsolescence – eventually "new bigger and better bags" can be introduced and the bags players already have can be made obsolete - which I'm guessing someone thinks will make the company more money... although for me it mostly has just the opposite effect.

Personal and shared bank slots can't be made obsolete. Players don't have to dispose of their old bank slots before purchasing new bank slots so consequently the company can charge more more for "new bigger and better bags". Since bags are bound to character they have to be replaced not simply - added to like bank spaces, consequently someone thought they could make more money by introducing new bags rather than selling additional bank slots... although again for me it tends to have the opposite effect.

Why continue to spend money (been there, done that - got burned) on something that will most likely be made obsolete much sooner than it should - especially considering what it cost to begin with.

It seems to be all about which method would makethe most money -

At least that's my theory ~

Items Bound to Character encourages players to purchase personal bank space -
    Items Bound to Account encourages players to purchase shared bank space -

If a player runs out of space in either I'm willing to bet Cryptic wants players to buy new bags rather than have the opportunity to buy more bank space, whether in their own bank or a "Guild Armory", because as I mentioned I suspect they believe they can charge more for new bags than they can bank/armory storage space.

¢¢
    DD~
    edited August 2019
    For me, shared bank slot is NOT for long term storage.
    For me, the main purpose of shared bank slot is for temp storage cache pending to be moved to other character's inventory.
    It is where I dump all the non-char-bound loot (from my various main characters) to. Where I stack up stuff to the max from various toon and then be moved to the proper long term facility when it hit 99 or 999 or the item is not coming anymore or I happen to 'visit' the particular storage toon.

Private bank slot is more or less the same as bag as a few operations search for private bank slots too.