test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Campaign bugged again

raven#3338 raven Member Posts: 290 Arc User
It would be really wise to actually test stuff and REACT to players' feedback. Completing quests in River District doesn't count towards Legacy Campaign. HOW AWESOME. I completed two, none of them counted so I don't give a HAMSTER about this campaign until it is fixed. Also, kindly check servers and track these quests completed by my character minutes ago and make them count.
Sweet Jesus, what a poor game development it is... I could understand if there were only new things bugged but you seem to completely fail at things bugged for years, awesome achievement... (sarcasm intended, not offending).

Comments

• ahaitsmeahaitsme Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Just tried this on my two mains, and yes no quest in River District counts except the weekly Ritual one and that is only available once a week. So you would need to wait 5 weeks to get all 5 quests done, which is just sad, I have read through most of the forums and it has been going on for a while and like others do not understand why this has not been addressed.
    It is a good idea but not when you cannot do stuff, and I normally do not come on forums to say anything even though have been in this game for 5 years, so people like me coming on and saying something should tell the devs that something is amiss.
    However I have found that SKT legacy do work even though in your journal it does not say, have done it with both mains and they did count after handing them in.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The daily quests for saving the dockworkers and loot dig sites will count (they did for me) but agreed; very annoying, bad labeling of what will and wont count and no consistency.
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks all for the feedback. I just walked this over to the content team to take a look at it.
    Cheers
    M.K.

Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • bgl#5946 bgl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Yesterday, many (PS4) instances were filled with people waiting for an epic HE in the dwarfen valley. Some waited for hours, but nothing spawned.

Apparently, this has never been tested as well. Underwhelming.
    Post edited by bgl#5946 on
  • shakinggamer#3136 shakinggamer Member Posts: 66 Arc User

It would be really wise to actually test stuff and REACT to players' feedback. Completing quests in River District doesn't count towards Legacy Campaign. HOW AWESOME. I completed two, none of them counted so I don't give a HAMSTER about this campaign until it is fixed. Also, kindly check servers and track these quests completed by my character minutes ago and make them count.
    Sweet Jesus, what a poor game development it is... I could understand if there were only new things bugged but you seem to completely fail at things bugged for years, awesome achievement... (sarcasm intended, not offending).

i had the ssame problem on the ps4 a few weeks ago i run the sewars they counted as quests
    Its starting to feel like you guys didn't actually fully test this feature out before rolling it out, a little like certain federal agencies and vehicle manufacturers. I think a recall of legacy campaign features to the shop is in order, at the engineers expense. Quite a few people are not getting credit for participating in the epic Remoraz encounter for IWD, even with full participation.
  • mtndogmtndog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    It would be nice if you all preset IWD for the Epic encounters to spawn more frequently. With so very little to do in the game right now many are doing the Legacy campaign. It is ridiculous that we have sit for hours waiting for the Remoraz to spawn. I sat in a group for 45 min last night before I finally gave up. Many were stating they spawn every 3 hours. Come on!
  • eminnerdev#8159 eminnerdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 32 Cryptic Developer
    We are looking into this! The names of any quests you expected to count that did not would be a great help in solving this issue!
    Remoraz(IWP) is not granting completion credit when killed quickly(35 + players waiting for it tends to make it go fast). Easy one. @eminnerdev#8159
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer

Remoraz(IWP) is not granting completion credit when killed quickly(35 + players waiting for it tends to make it go fast). Easy one. @eminnerdev#8159

I think we have located the completion credit issue. It really is a fact that you need to be able to do a certain amount of damage to it to get credit. I'm adjusting that down now that these are legacy quests. This check in won't go live until after M17 launch, though.

Cheers
    M.K.
    mtndog said:

It would be nice if you all preset IWD for the Epic encounters to spawn more frequently. With so very little to do in the game right now many are doing the Legacy campaign. It is ridiculous that we have sit for hours waiting for the Remoraz to spawn. I sat in a group for 45 min last night before I finally gave up. Many were stating they spawn every 3 hours. Come on!

Regarding sitting for hours. Are you seeing the timer pogs on the overhead map counting down while waiting? If not, that is a good clue to know. I am seeing them when we test now and when we tested before going live with Legacy quests in IWP and in DV.
    Currently the A class Heroic encounters are set to time off of each other every 20 minutes. In normative game play, that was fine, but with legacy game play and the fast killing, it could seem like long time.
    Thanks for helping us narrow this down.
    Cheers
    M.K.

• demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

mtndog said:

Regarding sitting for hours. Are you seeing the timer pogs on the overhead map counting down while waiting? If not, that is a good clue to know. I am seeing them when we test now and when we tested before going live with Legacy quests in IWP and in DV.
    Currently the A class Heroic encounters are set to time off of each other every 20 minutes. In normative game play, that was fine, but with legacy game play and the fast killing, it could seem like long time.
    Cheers
    M.K.

Just spent a little over 3 hours in Dwarven Valley (#1) waiting on Beholder to pop and no go. LOTS of Minor HE's and Major HE's but not the Epics..

A couple of suggestions:
    1. Change the Legacy Mission to be 1 Major OR Epic HE. Also, remove Caer-Konig from the list, there are No HEs there at all. :-)
    2. Take a lesson from WoD, have the BHE's (epics) pop hourly -- say 15mins past the hour for example.
    Either one should help the frequency issue. I have personally not had a problem with the Epic HEs not counting, but I have had the Demonics in Ice Wind Pass not count... (unrelated, but maybe helpful???)

Thanks!
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • tomatotgotchitomatotgotchi Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @mimicking#6533 said:
    > It would be nice if you all preset IWD for the Epic encounters to spawn more frequently. With so very little to do in the game right now many are doing the Legacy campaign. It is ridiculous that we have sit for hours waiting for the Remoraz to spawn. I sat in a group for 45 min last night before I finally gave up. Many were stating they spawn every 3 hours. Come on!
    >
    > Regarding sitting for hours. Are you seeing the timer pogs on the overhead map counting down while waiting? If not, that is a good clue to know. I am seeing them when we test now and when we tested before going live with Legacy quests in IWP and in DV.
    > Currently the A class Heroic encounters are set to time off of each other every 20 minutes. In normative game play, that was fine, but with legacy game play and the fast killing, it could seem like long time.
    > Thanks for helping us narrow this down.
    > Cheers
    > M.K.

Just sat in IWP for almost three hours, so I can give some information. On Xbox:

It appears the major HEs such as Corrupted Bears, Remorhaz Hunt, etc pop roughly every 20 to 30 minutes. There is a counter on the world map for them. Minors and demonics spawn as usual, no issue there. The only epic that spawned in those three hours was Black Ice Domination (which doesn't count towards the quest), and it only spawned once. There was NO countdown on the world map for it if it makes a difference.

The only people I know that completed it used The Remorhaz in IWP and Black Ice Beholder in DV, both of which spawn very very infrequently. If you say they are supposed to spawn every 20, they are bugged and the timer needs looked at. Otherwise, changing the legacy quest to allow for a major HE would help everyone in the meantime.
  • redthermosredthermos Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Been waiting since 10:38am PST here in Dwarven Valley and unable to change instances and still no Epic Heroic in my zone. Did see one a couple hours ago in a different instance but alas was unable to change in stances because, "(you are in combat, or it is the wrong type of map). I assume it's the map considering I am not in combat and trust me when I say there were other instances as zone chat verified people in other instances.
    Anyhow I'd like compensation in form of completion this quest on all of my 6 toons please as I have 6 tunes to cycle through this horrendous quest that does not seem to have a Heroic attached to it. I wish I had more time, but sadly it i now 7:13pm PST and I have sat on my HAMSTER all day long waiting.
    Ty @mimicking#6533 On my third try I increased my damage output and I did indeed get credit. May I make a suggestion though? There is a lot of information being shouted out in the zones that turns out to be wrong, even after bringing your quote into the discussion. Maybe a small note with patch notes to clarify the issues surrounding this. Or even better yet a Q&A Stream where you answer questions about misconceptions like this, or just general information questions from players.
  • ahaitsmeahaitsme Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User

mtndog said:

Cheers
    M.K.

Hi @mimiking thanks for you and the other devs for looking into this.

Have just spent the past two and a half hours waiting for remorahz to spawn as well as making some notes and checking the timers, i was in IceWind Dale zone 1, and yes i sat there with the map on checking the timers.

You are correct that Epics are spawing, in my timer list they do appear every 15min-20min of each other, but for the leagacy campaign none of the others except Remorahz counts, and though I did do it increase my damage, mine black ice and kill little remorahz sadly did not get credit, not a problem just another neverwinter experience.

For those who would like to know the difference between minor, major, epics...the minor ones are the small circle with a very small pointer at the bottom, major heroics are slightly larger circles with slightly larger pointer at the bottom a small pointer at the top and sides, Epic/class A heroics are larger circles thicker and longer pointer at bottom and thicker and slightly larger pointer at top and sides.

As i said @mimicking yes they do spawn but only the remorahz counts if you get lucky, that is the main issue, hope this helps you and the team sort this out, and thanks again for you folks into sorting this out, as I said it is a good idea, just hope that the legacies get fixed soon
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User

I think we have located the completion credit issue. It really is a fact that you need to be able to do a certain amount of damage to it to get credit. I'm adjusting that down now that these are legacy quests. This check in won't go live until after M17 launch, though.

Cheers
    M.K.
    How do you propose a pure healer build gets credit?
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User

How do you propose a pure healer build gets credit?

That's easy. They don't. I can imagine that developers test in this fashion. A dev will fire up an instance that is set up exactly as s/he needs it. New or change functionality is tested solo using a single, level 80 char with top-notch gear. Once verified, the code is passed along to the Test group.

The test group will do something very similar. Fire up an instance. If lucky and coordinated, a small group (3 perhaps?) will run through a larger set of functionality using top notch characters. They likely don't intentionally use pure healers because each tester must pound through various types of combat and accomplish various tasks - you can't generally do that as a healer. So your dilemma is something they did not consider. Likely the response will be to use a different loadout set up for DPS.

These obvious oversights just never become visible. And the test group probably NEVER uses an instance containing 30-40 annoyed people using characters of various types and gear. When they want the BHE to appear they just set some options before firing up the instance - no waiting for them. They have to be able to test specific functionality when they need to - because that is their job and they aren't paid to sit around waiting to play. So the waiting game is something they don't experience.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Healing counts for credit in HEs. The mod 3 devs said so at the time and I can attest that it is still functioning in the Draconic Heralds in WoD. If a boss type mob dies in seconds then no damage is dealt to players and no healing is possible. If the devs actually address the fact that only 2 HEs, Remo and Beholder, count, the players shouldn't be swarming so much that the boss dies in seconds. Longer fight, easier it is to get great success or whatever threshold is needed. Again, in Heralds, I can take 15k alt healer and get GS in a slow fight but not as DPS.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    @eminnerdev#8159 Another that doesn't count for some reason...Battle for Sharandar does not count towards sharandar legacy quest completion.