test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Russian warlocks

This is a message from Warlock players community from Drider, the Russian-speaking server of Neverwinter.
We are a young community, but we already have more than 500 members. We would like to thank the developers for all the hours of excitement and joy from playing this game. However, we see that there's lots of requests and alerts of other Warlock players about class problems and bugs, and we are worried that many, if not all of them are being ignored. We are here to support those who write about these problems and bugs, and to draw attention to the fact that there is no feedback from the developers regarding fixing or improving the Warlock class.
A lot has been written about buggy or broken mechanics, about disadvantages that are not made up for etc. Many will agree that it is hard to compete with other classes as a DPS, both for average and pro players, especially in dungeons where we can't control our abilities because they are broken, too slow, clash with allies' abilities or even impossible to use due to enemies' features. The healer build is also heavily criticised for being too destructive for the player yet inefficient for the allies. This is the reason for ruined game experience, and with a heavy heart we watch how dedicated players change to another class or even leave the game.
It would be great to hear at least something from the developers now and then, be sure that our troubles are not ignored and that effort is put to make this game comfortable and fun for all players and classes. Yet there is no news or talks about fixing Warlocks month after month, which makes people wonder if playing and investing in Warlock characters is worth it.
Our members follow and support topics where our worries are expressed, and we hope that we can somehow help the Warlock community to be heard. We also hope that this message can be a good start of dialogue between the developers and the players.
Thanks and cheers from NeverDead, the Warlock community of Drider!

Comments

• aspron#2517 aspron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I agree with all of the above!! I demand an answer from the developers on this issue!!
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I dont have a warlock but I'm planning to start one. Pitchfork and torches. I support this thread.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    I love NW but the fact no one has even taken to time to answer or just acknowledge all these threads about warlocks should tell you what they really think about us. Sad.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • harve#5674 harve Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Let's make warlocks great again!
  • copperroguecopperrogue Member Posts: 1 Arc User

I play as a cleric, but sometimes I like to play as a warlock. I support this post. Please make the class playable.
  • bgl#5946 bgl Member Posts: 11 Arc User
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

THIS! Warlocks are in need of some love

Warlocks get love from their patron. Unless they fail to make their patron happy...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    @arcticnightmare#7043 while I really admire your post and dedication I am afraid its a pure waist of time.

It is well known truth that Neverwinter develpers do not respond to such posts unless they are really working on the issue, or its a game breaking news. I am very sorry to say that but your class (and to be clear not only Warlocks) is considered insignificant and no1 working on its issues. Thats why there is a wall of silence instead of dialogue.

Just imagine that they would have to answer you like - "Sorry we are not going to fix your class in near future".
    What would be your natural reaction? Loggin off and stop paying untill "near future" ...if ever....

MOD 16 real purpose was to make this game maintenace as easy as possible.
    All that class/game balancing was just smoke screen for a changes made with developers convenience in mind,

And cos of that (and for some other reasons I wont type here cos I dont want to be banned) it ended up in place where some classes are really overpowered while other are close to unplayable. There is really no other explanation for such great classes imbalance after so called "fresh start"

And to be fair here - I was a great supporter of the change as game needed that.
    I was just naive to think that this time it works out.

Devs already stated that MOD 17 (on side note I wonder how they even dare to call it a MOD?) wont bring any serious classes reworks.

That means that you cant expect any serious changes within next 3-4 months untill MOD 18 release.
    And form Warlocks related threads on forum I see its not about class balance any more but more like a need of complete class rework.

Any1 sticking around long enough will tell you that in reality it could be even a years (how long it took last time to make Warlocks playable again for a short while - 2 years?) from now.

So while I do not playing Warlock at all, I am aware of your situation, and I fully support your efforts.

Good luck on that - you gone need it

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    More like 3 years+
    Or in other words , they never made that class shine anywhere not on PVE same as PVP. Short periods of broken powers (puppet/MF) can´t be considered as "shine" since those were bugs, and the attemps that took place to rework the class were either "unfinished" or half hearted attemps.
    Reading they "don´t want to overpower" the class in the past , it was also stated somewhere pre mod 16, somehow displays the lack of will and knowledge.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    @asterdahl said in the mod17 preview feedback that some classes adjustments are planned "in a not so distant future" (idk on what classes though) but that they prefer to be cautious and gathering data rather than buffing too much, which would result in subsequent nerfs...

I remember that before mod16, they said they will watch the balance and will make some adjustments but they don't understand these adjustments should be the top priority since it affects the gameplay experience, and so the players' retention (I include here damage or magnitudes buffs but also clumsy powers, feats etc. ).
    We used to play for content (hmmm...) and because we enjoyed playing our class.
    Many players have left already (or are now playing other classes) because of the failed design of some reworked classes. Some classes have been tweaked a bit since mod16, like cleric, but there is a lot of frustation in the forgotten classes or paths.

If the adjustment takes too long to come, or if it is failed again, the leak will continue. In many cases, only a few tweaks will save the day.
  • sandergameslp#4034 sandergameslp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    agree and support
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Agree, I can see lots of threads about warlock....let's see if devs want to do something or still ignoring this class.
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I agree.
    But I saw some changes in the preview, especially in Heal, no longer need mobs to increase our sparks, changed the feat life bind and other interesting things. I'm trying to look much better, but I'm still testing.

The dps, I did not see much change, but I saw that killing flames, is marking as a curse, I do not know if it is bug or will be anyway. But if this gets going it will be a very nice improvement to be able to stack soul investiment.

It's worth a look at the preview!
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    > @martins#2911 said:
    > I agree.
    > But I saw some changes in the preview, especially in Heal, no longer need mobs to increase our sparks, changed the feat life bind and other interesting things. I'm trying to look much better, but I'm still testing.
    >
    > The dps, I did not see much change, but I saw that killing flames, is marking as a curse, I do not know if it is bug or will be anyway. But if this gets going it will be a very nice improvement to be able to stack soul investiment.
    >
    > It's worth a look at the preview!

Killing flames currently leaves a curse after hit and stacks si on kill with puppet currently so no change there at all
    edited August 2019
    But for a class that was listed as dps, assigned a role as dps and a viable competitive dps in all prior mods. Well, it's a shame that it's not a viable dps for endgame in upcoming tomm and a handicap dps in current mod.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    mongol69 said:

But for a class that was listed as dps, assigned a role as dps and a viable competitive dps in all prior mods. Well, it's a shame that it's not a viable dps for endgame in upcoming tomm and a handicap dps in current mod.

SW wasnt competetive in prior mods, content was just so easy that it didnt matter how much dmg u did.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

mongol69 said:

SW wasnt competetive in prior mods, content was just so easy that it didnt matter how much dmg u did.
    This is true for a lot of classes. In fact, most of the classes in prior mods were hidden in terms of which were the best due to the buffs being done to make the classes 1 rotate all content in the game. Highly agree with this comment since there were too many variables in the buffs and timing for a large number of the population to get any sense of who was best. Then you have a large number of the best dps players who never play anything other than dps in game and who don't get to see what the other dps classes can do. This is a recipe for players who are guessing who is the best dps classes in game and why we have such differing opinions on it. The best people to ask who is the best dps are the AC/DC in past mods or DC heals this mod. This is the only group who were asked to be in every party in the game and wanted in all content for those mods. Next best would be the OP tank but they wouldn't know one part of if the buffs were timed correctly in past mods.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
    edited August 2019
    Well, I could solo cn in 20min, 3 man t9g as dps warlock with only DC and pally in 20min without skipping adds without any issue since mod 13. Cr was hard to gauge since damage table stopped flat at second boss. Consistantly place top paingiver in codg with 1 DC, 1 pally and all dps. It was a given you could buff 1 dps, but if that dps couldn't break 10%damage over you with buffs it's safe to say warlock dps is on point and higher given exalt and bane should put them up at minimum 30% damage. Warlocks had the highest single target dps after gf recovery nerf wouldn't allow 3 back to back gw hits. Our average codg runs were 8 to 9 minutes with 2 DC 2 pally runs. We not only ran within alliance but held codg farms for 16hr+ with other dps constantly.

If your encounters for pop, fb, kf were all within 3 to 4 second cooldown and 2 dailys at 3sec apart followed by 2 dailys at 6 seconds repeat, burst was incredible along side dots from murderous and creeping. Had 86k self proc power, 16k recovery, 65% recharge, 40% ap gain plus DC sigil, leg snail, etc. Without hasting light and pally gf cooldown, encounters were still 6 to 7 seconds apart.last few mods speed was king.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Two items that I would like to see done. First Shadow Slip needs to have priority over any other power. Just like on other class that use dodge we use it because we need to move not wait until something else is done and then move. Second I want to see Pillar of Power returned to the way the Dev. amenar made it. He made it the way it was for two important reasons one we needed it to make up for are lack of defensive skills, Life Steal is no longer a thing the second was it provided a direct offensive buff something else we are very much lacking in. And it was an option that any path could in fact make use of. Make this a general Encounter again for both paths like it was intended. I really miss amenar he understood while this class might look good on paper it was a very different story in game. Seems our current crew cannot see the forest for the trees.
  • planestrider#4331 planestrider Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Thank you, Drider Warlocks, for this posting. The warlock class is actually a great one to play, swift and rather versatile up to 80. After that, it gets unfortunately one-sided: Only one single specific setup is able to maximize damage, all other abilities are good for nothing any more (Hellbringer).
    It's a shame to see again and again lower-level wizards, rogues, barbarians and rangers reap the rewards in the party overview, knowing thanks to the internet that one's own playstyle and setup are not the culprits. It leaves doubts anyways, and some latent frustration when you eventually get the needed gear level for something, only to fail miserably as the main dps.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Adding my voice to yet another warlock thread. As someone above mentioned. Good luck in getting changes to happen, you're going to need it.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I usually don't post in threads like this since I only have one character and thus have no idea how to even play others. But I can solo anything in the Well of Dragons except Heroics.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing