test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

icewind pass-epic encounter

bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
So i just did the epic encounter in icewind pass (the remorahz) in the center-north part of instance #3 at 10:30 am pdt. I contributed, mined black ice, killed smaller remoraahz and did damage from the begining of the encounter and received rewards from the heroic encounter itself( raw black ice and a rank 5 black ice enchantment) but did not receive credit for completing an Epic heroic encounter. Others doing the same thing got credit, but I did not. I have filed a report but also need to bring this to the forums for accountability and explanation on to the why this happened. These Epics for icewind pass and dwarven valley come around once every 3 hours, and can be a challenge to switch instances. To not get credit after that kind of wait is extremely frustrating and disappointing.

Comments

• feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Likewise. Problems with this are:
    1) Epic encounters pop far too infrequently
    2) Many major HEs that are just as difficult do not count as epic HEs
    3) Cannot be triggered by players
    4) FAIL TO REWARD COMPLETION OF THE QUEST AFTER REQUIRING AN ABSURD AND OBNOXIOUS AMOUNT OF WAITING THAT IS IN NO WAY FUN
    5) It is impossible to transfer between instances even when invited to a party by a person in the other instance. There has never been a good reason for preventing instance transfer in IWD and this is just completely oppressive. Now players who wait hours - over three currently - for a report that a BHE is up can't transfer to it no matter what.

So suggestions:
    1) Normalize instance transfer in Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley.
    2) Allow any group of 10 players - with or without the quest - to activate either the Remorhaz or Beholder.
    3) Include other major HEs in the quest instead of restricting the "epic" requirement to those two.

Post edited by feanor70118 on
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Yes, this has all been forwarded to the dev team earlier today.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Problem is, this all has been forwarded to the dev team LAST time when Sybella offered the IWD encounter quest. We were told - as usual - that the dev are "looking into this". But as we can see, nothing happened. Why should we believe that this time the forwarding will change anything?
  • pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Good, as I am on my third freaking Epic and I know that despite failing miserably last time the devs said they would fix this, I am sure they are up to the job this time and do not wish me to WASTE hours standing in ice getting my feet cold. Thank you.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    No consistency whatsoever. First char: failed first, second worked. second char: first worked. Third char: first worked. Last alt: first failed, still trying.
    kreatyve said:

This was brought up months ago as was stated, we need a fix, not some more failed promises.
    The CS team responded to my ticket with the same "im sorry but it looks like you found an in-game bug and I am unable to help you, try posting on the forums" line. We need a fix.

Update: second try for final char failed again. There from start of Epic, hit smaller remoraz, hit Boss remoraz and mined the black ice. I would say that its completed on my end, but still no credit.
    Post edited by bigman99#8273 on
  • botc76botc76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having the same issues. It's jsut frustrating that PW and Cryptic always take ages for these issues or do nothing at all.
  • bitcrusher#9275 bitcrusher Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Waiting for hours in dwarven valley for the BHE is no fun. I mean mistakes happen, but how about little compensation or something for those victims wasted hours there while waiting for the beholder which just did not spawn? would be a nice gesture imo. Also implementation of a timer like you did for the dragons in other areas would help here a lot.
  • ryano#2165 ryano Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Or just take that one quest out of the RNG, until a better solution can be worked out.
    So, has anything changed with M17? Or was it just another empty promise from Mr. Foss to do something about it?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

So, has anything changed with M17? Or was it just another empty promise from Mr. Foss to do something about it?

As of last week it was still being investigated and various steps to address this being tested internally.

As of last week it was still being investigated and various steps to address this being tested internally.
    Thank you for the answer. I keep this quest then.