test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Collection Issues

unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
1) Sharandar - I have every item, when click items missing it is blank. However, says I only have 103/113 points.
2) Elemental Evil - the elemental elven armor - you can't make them anymore. Black ice empowerment not possible for rings, etc.
3) Tyranny of dragons - I have every item listed but says 97/117 - when click missing items box - its blank. For dread ring it says 133/133 so when you click missing the campaign actually is removed?
4) Chult - decanter of atropal essence - does not exist as rank 1 (green) item

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    There were old items that are now gone.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    My issue with collections is when it drops items from my list, while still equipped - such as companions or mounts. If I put an item in my bag and get the 'added to collections' notification, you would think that that character never saw that item before, but they already have one EQUIPPED.
    I'm not talking green vs blue vs purple quality, the exact same thing.
    That char equipped that item 4 years ago!
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited August 2019

My issue with collections is when it drops items from my list, while still equipped - such as companions or mounts. If I put an item in my bag and get the 'added to collections' notification, you would think that that character never saw that item before, but they already have one EQUIPPED.
    I'm not talking green vs blue vs purple quality, the exact same thing.
    That char equipped that item 4 years ago!

I think in mod 16, they messed up something. I have a character which has many different unbound companions (another character with different unbound Artifact) in its inventory. It is my storage toon. It has those companion for year if not years. Recently, I reorganized its inventory. Basically, just move an item from position A to B within its inventory. That triggered 'Added to collection'. I could keep doing that since it has many different companions. The item that was not moved since the landing of mod 16 would trigger 'Added to collection'. Same thing applies to my Artifact storage toon, mount storage toon, etc.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Confirmed same thing happening on some of my alts. When I moved a companion from one bag to another on the same char, I got the 'Added to collection' message. I'm pretty sure all those companions were already added when I extracted them from the mail message with attachments.

I have *not* gone through the 'Collection' database on a character and then moved something to see if the message referred to something just seen as in the collection db. I assume that is what is happening (i.e. the message is triggered because an item appears the first time in a particular bag, not that it truly was not in the collection until that moment).
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the info on collection behavior @hexngone#5489

@unthoughtknown the team is aware of the issues with collection and continues to look into elegant solutions for items that are no longer obtainable but some players have them from when they were.
  • Options
    unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User

Thanks for the info on collection behavior @hexngone#5489

@unthoughtknown the team is aware of the issues with collection and continues to look into elegant solutions for items that are no longer obtainable but some players have them from when they were.

Great - I appreciate the response and feedback!