test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rangers: what has to be changed to make it better ?

oocuper#9569 oocuper Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2019 in The Wilds
Any suggestion to make this Class better & great is welcome
HR fan but not the Mod16 one.
Currently with 3 mains (Ranger/Barb/Pally)
Post edited by oocuper#9569 on
Tagged:

Comments

• kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User

it would be nice to have a trapper style available that was as strong as warden but I hesitate to ask for that because it seems like any time you ask for a buff you get a nerf... so I"m inclined to say please forget the ranger exists. nuffink to see here move along.. we're not in a great place but at least we're desirable still. I'm afraid of being warlocked.

Indeed
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User

Before mod 16 dropped the argument being made was that going from a choice between two paragon paths and three feat trees was fine because we'd get two legitimate choices (instead of not really having a choice given the superiority of the meta build). With rangers, at least, they have failed miserably: they grafted trapper feats on to archer but in so doing, they both gutted the synergy that had made trappers playable and failed to keep the features that made archers hit so hard (at least situationally).

For those rangers who, like me (maybe only me), stubbornly refuse to abandon the trapper playstyle, the following would be helpful (to a lesser degree for those unicorns that play archer-style hunters):

1. Rate of change: diminishing returns means that, to consistently benefit from the 5% buff, you need to *constantly* switch stances. Make it last a set time (5 sec) without the diminishing or keep the diminishing and bump it to 10%.
    2. Longshot: unless I'm misreading it, adding 50% to ranged (1:1.5) at the cost of reducing melee by 50% (1:0.5) is a bad deal, especially since hindering strike tends to account for the most damage. Either bump the ranged buff to 100% or reduce the melee penalty to 33%
    3. Thorned roots: the base magnitude (50) is terrible as is the hit control-immune targets take (100); all told they account for very little damage. The base should at least be doubled and the hit against control-immune targets should be comparable to hard-hitting encounters (400ish)
    4. Critical action: so, wardens get a permanent 30% crit severity buff at the relatively insignificant cost of 3000 crit. Hunters, meanwhile, *could* get up to 24% for 10 sec upon daily use. Methinks a rethinks is in order.
    5. AP gain: I know, everyone could use more, but the reduction of Biting Snares to 10% from 35% (or whatever it was before) + adding a 20 sec cooldown = pitiful AP gain
    6. Predator: a tier 3 feat that gives a 5% buff for 10 sec against one target? No thank you. This would need to be in the 15-25% range to make it worth considering.
    7. Better cooldowns: Commander in chief is useless (2 sec reduction) and Forestbond gives a measly 5% reduction *if* roots are applied. Compare this to Storm's Recovery which reduces encounter cooldowns by 3 sec on encounter *use*. Bumping Forestbond to at least 10% wouldn't bring back the old capacity to spam encounters endlessly, but it would make rotations far smoother and more tolerable. For Commander in chief to be useful, it would need to be at least 5 sec
    8. Plant Growth/Cordon: the addition of weak roots to PG helps with cooldowns, but other than that, one of the best pre-mod 16 encounters is now decidedly mediocre. To make it useful for more then added cooldown relief for the hunter/trapper, upgrade PG to strong grasping roots (in conjunction with buffing thorned roots) and make cordon hit harder. Also, 24 sec cooldown for PG and 20 sec for CoA? When it was a beast, sure, but now those times are just silly
    9. Careful attack: put it out of its misery or make it useful already; 10 magnitude per hit (when it isn't bugged, that is)? Seriously, call a priest.
    10. Casting times: 1.65 sec for aimed shot, especially given that all the other at-wills are awful (and don't benefit from flurry like warden) is ridiculously long. Same with Commanding Shot and, to a lesser degree, GW and aimed strike.
    So, I look forward to the above being implemented. I also think its time for the devs to either call uncle insofar as trying to make people enjoy archers, or actually putting some thought into how this might actually work.

RD

T minus 15 hours until all these changes get implemented; I can't wait!
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User

• djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    In my Merithocratic opinion, trapper should be stronger that super easy warden (aka glue your tab)... Ranger never be for anyone, ranger was hardest class in the game even the rotation trow caution>long strider>gushing wound>plant growth, was hard, buffer hr was even harder, hawkeye long strider, thorn ward, at will and repeat... this was the real hunter ranger .... i seen so many fake buffers playn with combat builds/archery in mod 15... i trained a lot to make all my buffs permanent, in trapper build...
    this is so sad..
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Tbh, yes we were more versatile pre mod 16, but in pve we were relegated to buffer or nothing, and pvp archer or stunbot.

Now we are 2nd choice pve dps, after cw, which is nice, and pvp... erm don't know really.

I suppose the most telling this mod is my loadouts. Premod16 I had 3, pvp archer, daily combat, dungeon buffer. Now I have one. Combat.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    annnnnddd incoming nerf. lol. sigh.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    The best thing would be to uncouple melee and ranged powers, letting the ranger choose the combination of three ranged and three melee powers that the ranger prefers. This will open space for different builds and rotations, especially for the Hunter. And then improve the Hunter cooldown reduction to bring the old trapper back. In this way you will have an easy and straight DPS solution (Warden) based on a simple rotation and static bonuses and a more complex and customizable version (Hunter).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • djnasty93djnasty93 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Tbh, yes we were more versatile pre mod 16, but in pve we were relegated to buffer or nothing, and pvp archer or stunbot.

Now we are 2nd choice pve dps, after cw, which is nice, and pvp... erm don't know really.

I suppose the most telling this mod is my loadouts. Premod16 I had 3, pvp archer, daily combat, dungeon buffer. Now I have one. Combat.

Hr was really strong in mod 15...
    It was hard, buffer was even harder, just people needed a buffer so if there isnt a buffer Hr was good.
    edited August 2019
    From the patch notes, I give you "balance" changes that, insofar as I could tell, no one cares about:

Ranger
    • Binding Arrow now uses weak grasping roots, and now has a slightly higher magnitude.
    • Fox's Cunning: This power no longer guarantees one dodged attack, and instead increases damage reduction.
    • Stagheart now properly gives blue temporary health and has a duration of 15 seconds.
    • Stagheart no longer incorrectly heals enemy players in PvP.
    • Stagheart's temporary health has been increased to 15%, up from 5%.
    Although I'm sure there was an extensive convo on the NW subreddit about how the biggest issue with Stag was the melee heal...

RD
  • zarcroft2002zarcroft2002 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Best change for HR at mod 17..........................................................
    MOD 15> MOD 16 + 17
    They change a skilled class to braindead class....
    But nice Cryptic :angry:
  • oocuper#9569 oocuper Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

We werent just buffers like u said. Many HRs were crazy strong and were always asked for endgame stuff. And the ammount of builds u can come up for a HR back then was insane.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, we could go dps as main, but gwfs were stronger - in a bis grp, still made more sense to buff the gwf. We were the "well biff the gwiff isn't on, grab joe the bow".
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • oocuper#9569 oocuper Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Yeah, we could go dps as main, but gwfs were stronger - in a bis grp, still made more sense to buff the gwf. We were the "well biff the gwiff isn't on, grab joe the bow".

I agree with you. But its always better that way than now imo. No skill required to learn the class, just hit 1 encounter & 3 at-wills and repeat.

I have some ideas I've been thinking about and thought I should share them to get them out of my mind.
    Warden should stay the way it is but have some few adjustments, while Hunter must be almost completely reworked.

Warden:

1- The 0-25% buff feat the longer you stay in one stance should be remade to give 25% more damage when on Melee stance. Because seeing how all the next feats gonna favor the Melee stance, nothing will be really changing, except the fact that you can swap to range to apply some buffs (boar hide or something) or shoot extra arrows without loosing 25% damage.
    2- This is optional: Deft strikes and the other original-trapper feats should be removed because they don't adhere with the Warden melee playstyle, they can be changed to something useful in PvP or full-ranged possibility.
    3- This suggestion concerns both Paths: Cordon of arrows/PG need a certain boost in magnitude and CD reduction. I would like CoA to have magnitude boosted from 200 to 300 and for PG to have the magnitude also boosted to 250 at cast, and another 400 over 4 seconds as DoT, CD put at 16-17 secs, while keeping the weak grasping roots.

Hunter:

This paragon path should provide the possibility to play either as a Full Archer or a Trapper centered around roots and DoT damage. I will suggest feats according to each playstyle:

I-Trapper:

1- Switching stance should grant a much more damage buff than just 5% and without diminishing over time (10% for 6-8 seconds for ex.). Seeing how the Warden is benefiting from 25% damage and 30% crit severity, the trapper should compete with some decent buffs too.
    2- Thorned roots have to be stronger and more reliable: its magnitude must be doubled at least (100 magnitude each second, with a 200 magnitude instant proc on Immune-to-CC targets. And applying roots must reduce a more reasonable percentage of CDs, about 15% to 20%.
    3- Biting Snares AP gain must be more consistent and reliable: Applying roots grants Master trapper, which makes stance-changing generate 10% of AP and increase rooting-time by 50% for 10 seconds. This effect has a 10 seconds cooldown.
    4- Using an encounter power should reduce opposite stance encounter powers CDs by 1.5-2 seconds. At-wills should reduce them with 0.5-1 seconds.
    5- Deft strikes should be implemented here, granting 10% more damage on the next opposite stance encounter as usual.
    6- Disruptive shot is fine the way it is (might be nice if it can reduce CDs by 1sec), but instead of making a feat just to add 5% on disrupted targets, would be better to make it a permanent effect on the power, to clear a slot for one of the feats mentioned above.
    7- At-wills should deal more damage, the 10 magnitude on Careful attack is almost a joke. A slight buff on them would be nice.
    8- Slasher's mark debuff is pretty nice but should have its duration increased, since it's a 100% AP daily. Or making it a 50% AP daily is also a way to go.

II-Archer:

1- The feat that grants critical severity upon using AP makes it almost hard to reach its peak, my alternative would be: Using a ranged power grants one stack of "any_name_here" for 5 seconds with a maximum of 10 stacks, each stack grants 1% critical severity.
    2- Having Stag shot to reduce other CDs by 2 seconds is nice but since the power itself has a long cooldown makes it not that significant when in combat. I would add the effect of having other ranged encounters also reduce Stag shot's CD by 2 seconds.
    3- Aimed shot should be hitting harder. Because its slightly weaker than Rapid shot when comparing the Magnitude/Cast-time ratio.

I have so little hope any of this is going to be applied, but I'm just gonna post it anyways.

You know that this forum has a quote function, yes? It's handy if you see something that you dis/agree with and want to add to, or note your dis/approval of, the contents of said post in a way that recognises the original contributor.

RD
  • mikewho#5331 mikewho Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Im a warden, but being a warden kinda narrows your focus for damage, I often switch to ranged for bore hide and it seems that I increase action points faster with my ranged atwills as opposed to melee( although don’t quote me in that, it just seems that way). I think one of the simplest ways to make a ranger better, would be to allow flurry to proc in both stances.
  • inqusitorinqusitor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

So in the end you just gave up a class with synergy, multiple build paths, fun play style and insane damage in the right hands for a class that is barely any fun to play, lack any synergy /build paths OR need any skill whatsoever and nowhere near as good or FUN . All for '2nd choice' as main dps in pve...Woooooooooooho. /s

Everytime you mention HR dps pre mod 16 you bring up this BiS GWF hurr durr more damage than HR bullcrap. Just stop with that already. In a BiS group it didnt make sense to just go buff the gwf , it made sense to buff the better dps no matter which class it was. I have seen SWs and even CWs absolutely wreck these so called 'BiS GWFs' so your argument is quite invalid. If anyone just said 'but gwf is more damage anyways' without comparing player skill then they are probably ignorant and you should probably look for other groups.

Pre Mod 16 HR was so damn busted in the right hands especially in BiS groups. A well played HR could out dps or even stay toe to toe with an equally well played gwf. We may not have been the goto one phase class but goddamn did we destroy paingiver charts. We had consistency in our dmg and it felt soooo damn good playing that class.
    When it comes down to damage numbers in mod 16- 17 , sure HR may be top tier but it is nowhere near its prior glory and awesomeness. I stopped playing the game mainly because they HAMSTER up the class soo bad.

Koca I respect you and your pvp archer playstyle but just stop undermining pre Mod 16 HR as 'buffer or nothing' . When you are undergeared and is pretty new to the class then sure, I can understand that statement to an extent. But if you are telling me a well geared HR is forced to play buffer and only buffer then its probably just you.
    I played Dps HR 95% of the time for over 3 years and the remaining 5% I played as buffer because I wanted to slack off and put next to no effort in those dungeon runs orr just play hybrid dps/buff when there were too many dps players . I had issues initially when I wasn't geared all that well and lacked mastery of the class but once I got the hang of it I was invited into runs solely as Dps ; there were also multiple cases when I was requested to buff but ended up as main dps simply because the other dps wasn't skilled enough.

Pre - Module 16 Hunter Ranger is King. Fite me!
    One sad Hunter boi.

Used to go by the name Ivara.
    edited October 2019
    Again I still stand that bringing up ranged encounters dmg and applying flurry in both stances along with allowing the player to choose a diffferent opposing stance encounter, you know like not have the melee have a certain ranged encounter locked in with and just making focused a standard 25% dmg buff that doesn’t have to build up and not having different paths just one path where everyone can get skirmishers gambit and build what the heck they want ,is the best simplest way to make the ranger better.Then we can utilize both stances effectively as a ranger should.Now this is coming from awarden point of view so it could be slightly biased if so I apologize.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    I am ok with the two paths we now have. It could have been better sorted. Presently, I do manage runs with Hunter, it does hit hard and what I used to solo Regret and Sorrow for my weapon set. It really needs to be on par with the melee side.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I miss my old HR. I should have listened to myself when I told me pre M16 not to play it if combat is the only viable option.
    I miss Trapper. I did good dmg on trapper before, I never really needed to run "buff HR" or whatever you would call LSSing ppl off cliffs. I don't think we are in a better spot now, just because GWFs are the salty ones now.
    But it's a lost cause, rather they keep it as it is now instead of fixing it into SW-direction.
    What I wonder about tho is, why having a completely useless paragon seems to be instyle now? Not just HR, seems to be a pure dps paragon issue imo. Whats with that? Too much dps with two dps paths?
    - bye bye -
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Ranger is only a bit under wizard in terms of single target dps. I can easily make top 3 in end game TOMM runs. It just takes the right build/gear sets. Wizards are really the only busted class in the game. Their damage is out of control and it's stupid easy to do. Its barbs, warlocks, clerics and fighter dps that should be complaining, as wizard, rogue and ranger way out dps them.
  • Melee ranger seems to put out about 20-30% more damage that ranged. The fix: nerf melee to balance it with the other specs, or as others have mentioned above, something to the extent of:

Hunter paragon:
    Increase recharge time reduction of forestbond and commander in chief to 10% and 4 seconds respectively
    Increase magnitude of Thorned Roots to 100 for DOT and 250 for instant (and/or make Crushing Roots “twice as effective” instead of “last twice as long or both)
    Reduce cast time of Commanding Shot by .4 secs
    Reduce cast time of Aimed Shot by .25 secs to make it more viable

Warden Paragon:
    Fix penetrating arrows so it’s not effected by differences in terrain height
    Reduce cast time of Split the Sky by .5 secs
    Make Split the Sky Multi target instead of single target
    Increase magnitude of Binding Arrow to 600
    Reduce action point cost of Call of The Storm to 250 instead of 500
    Make Enchanced Conductivity applicable to ranged or light based attacks only (remove light from clear the ground)
  • ashbury#6333 ashbury Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    There are some very good suggestions in this thread. Please Devs take a look at these and go from there. This is very frustrating. Hunter path is so weak compared to warden.
    Couple of suggestions...
    Some of these powers should be able to be chosen from either path. Binding arrow definitely should be able to be used in Hunter path. It's a strong arrow and roots for crying outloud. Forestbond feat...
    Prey damage needs a boost.
    Thorned Roots feat needs more magnitude. How can Hawk Shot have a 1.5 second cast time but only be at 170 magnitude!?
    CoA and plant growth are way too weak.
    Commander and chief only reduces by 2 seconds?
    Overall our magnitudes are just way too low. That's the main reason we aren't doing damage. You guys need to rethink this path is pretty bad right now.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Haven't bothered with forums in a while due to general disenchantment with the game, but I'll commit some necromancy on this thread:

1) Obviously, we need a viable DPS path other than full combat. I signed up for this class to play a class with both ranged and melee abilities and I'm tired of playing combat. Sick to death of it. It's been years and they haven't come around to making ranged abilities viable in this game. Is it really so hard to just bring back the mod 2 hybrid or the trapper? Those were actually fun. Combat is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. Warden is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.
    2) I've made innumerable posts on this subject over the years, so the same old, disregarded list of obvious suggestions follows:
    a) Give us functional, useful stealth and healing abilities, not stealth abilities that don't seem to keep us from being targeted in pvp and healing/tanking abilities that do nothing significant.
    b) Give us a functional dodge instead of one that is too small to evade most melee/AoE abilities and DOES NOT DODGE CONTROL EFFECTS. How many years does it take for a dodge to actually dodge things?
    c) Give us useful amounts of stamina regeneration without having to use Steel Breeze.
    d) Give us an actual control block or escape like basically every other class has.
    e) Reduce cast and animation times for most abilities. I haven't used any variety of them in ages due to being stuck in this godawful boring boring combat meta, but Commanding Shot, Aimed Shot, Hawk Shot, etc.
    f) Get rid of and replace abilities that no one ever uses, like Bear Trap.
    g) Get rid of the freeze at the end of Boar Charge.
    h) Get rid of the animation for Forest Ghost, which seems to keep the ability from functioning when in combat, especially in pvp (not that I've pvped in ages due to devs having allowed pvp to die by ignoring player concerns for years)
    i) Make Disruptive Shot available in the Warden path. Gear and feats that are meant to synchronize with dailies have been made useless by the choice to restrict it to the (unnecessarily) weak hunter path.
    j) Give us the ability to choose our own melee and ranged side loadouts rather than deal with the often useless, vestigial and otherwise weak counterparts assigned by the game.
    k) The restriction of powers between hunter and warden paths was really, really badly done and needs to be completely rethought. But most importantly, make Disruptive Shot available to both.
    l) Make it so that if the player is in stealth, using abilities with visible animations does not break stealth, i.e. those animations are not visible to other players.
    m) Speaking of stealth, back when pvp was a thing, it never seemed to stop other players from targeting rangers for up to a full second after supposedly entering stealth. Fix that.
    n) Keep the player from being targeted through Marauder's Escape's animation. After all these years.
    o) Fix the targeting of Penetrating Arrows.
    p) Make stealth from Ambush make sense: the player should have a period of, say, five seconds to use stealth to escape to a new position. During those five seconds, any ACTIVE attack made by the player would break stealth. If the player doesn't use an attack, he should remain in stealth afterwards until moving (maybe require a second press or add an animation component to indicate when the player is in this stationary stealth mode) or AT THE END OF the next attack's animation.
    q) SPEED. GIVE US SPEED. It has always been ridiculous and insane that a GWF/Barbie or GF/Fighter can outrun a lightly armored ranger.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    > @feanor70118 said:
    > Haven't bothered with forums in a while due to general disenchantment with the game, but I'll commit some necromancy on this thread:
    >
    > 1) Obviously, we need a viable DPS path other than full combat. I signed up for this class to play a class with both ranged and melee abilities and I'm tired of playing combat. Sick to death of it. It's been years and they haven't come around to making ranged abilities viable in this game. Is it really so hard to just bring back the mod 2 hybrid or the trapper? Those were actually fun. Combat is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. Warden is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.
    > 2) I've made innumerable posts on this subject over the years, so the same old, disregarded list of obvious suggestions follows:
    > a) Give us functional, useful stealth and healing abilities, not stealth abilities that don't seem to keep us from being targeted in pvp and healing/tanking abilities that do nothing significant.
    > b) Give us a functional dodge instead of one that is too small to evade most melee/AoE abilities and DOES NOT DODGE CONTROL EFFECTS. How many years does it take for a dodge to actually dodge things?
    > c) Give us useful amounts of stamina regeneration without having to use Steel Breeze.
    > d) Give us an actual control block or escape like basically every other class has.
    > e) Reduce cast and animation times for most abilities. I haven't used any variety of them in ages due to being stuck in this godawful boring boring combat meta, but Commanding Shot, Aimed Shot, Hawk Shot, etc.
    > f) Get rid of and replace abilities that no one ever uses, like Bear Trap.
    > g) Get rid of the freeze at the end of Boar Charge.
    > h) Get rid of the animation for Forest Ghost, which seems to keep the ability from functioning when in combat, especially in pvp (not that I've pvped in ages due to devs having allowed pvp to die by ignoring player concerns for years)
    > i) Make Disruptive Shot available in the Warden path. Gear and feats that are meant to synchronize with dailies have been made useless by the choice to restrict it to the (unnecessarily) weak hunter path.
    > j) Give us the ability to choose our own melee and ranged side loadouts rather than deal with the often useless, vestigial and otherwise weak counterparts assigned by the game.
    > k) The restriction of powers between hunter and warden paths was really, really badly done and needs to be completely rethought. But most importantly, make Disruptive Shot available to both.
    > l) Make it so that if the player is in stealth, using abilities with visible animations does not break stealth, i.e. those animations are not visible to other players.
    > m) Speaking of stealth, back when pvp was a thing, it never seemed to stop other players from targeting rangers for up to a full second after supposedly entering stealth. Fix that.
    > n) Keep the player from being targeted through Marauder's Escape's animation. After all these years.
    > o) Fix the targeting of Penetrating Arrows.
    > p) Make stealth from Ambush make sense: the player should have a period of, say, five seconds to use stealth to escape to a new position. During those five seconds, any ACTIVE attack made by the player would break stealth. If the player doesn't use an attack, he should remain in stealth afterwards until moving (maybe require a second press or add an animation component to indicate when the player is in this stationary stealth mode) or AT THE END OF the next attack's animation.
    > q) SPEED. GIVE US SPEED. It has always been ridiculous and insane that a GWF/Barbie or GF/Fighter can outrun a lightly armored ranger.

See my proposals on the State of the Ranger thread
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited April 2020
    This in particular is suggested for Warden to be more like a Ranger supposed to be as in terms of using both stances.

The past couple of Months I’ve been tinkering with a Mob Melee build that incorporate stance switching with out worrying about focused(there’s nothing I can do about that and defstrike doesn’t seem to really pay for the 2-4% I get from focused switching stances) Sum of the conclusions I’ve made are as follows
    1:someone mentioned movement speed earlier in the discussion. I agree 100%
    One of the first things while my build was still full melee I did was equip a 10% movement mount, the boots from under mountain that give 2.5% per enemy, the chult tiger bonus in a offense slot and used the guild food for movement speed.
    That alone was amazing ,while I lost dmg % the movement speed allowed me in a way to make up for the dmg loss by easily being able to move out of the red, reposition my self much faster and technically scooping the dmg up before other players can.
    *So addressing 2 things in this Area would be wipe def strike from the warden choices and have in its place a feat that gives 10% dmg to all powers and 15% movement speed. Eliminating Some of the stance Switching damage loss
    And dmg loss from utilizing movement speed where other things can go.

2 Encounter magnitude ,
    From what I’m seeing magnitude is a huge factor affecting my load out , for a more personalized Stance switching warden build having all the other weaker damaging encounters at 400magnitude and damaging encounters with Dot at 300-350 magnitude would make damage output relevant on all choices.

For the most part these are the things that have hindered my dmg and personalization of my Warden stance switching loadout , the other things I though might have really killed my damage or the idea of a fun stance switching warden have not really been a issue.

As a basic rotation description as an example for magnitude I have grappling/breeze cordon/plant growth and hindering shot/strike
    When packed together in a stance switching fast root em bomb em melee em Rotation Even with focused I’m only about 5 -10million dmg points behind other full Melee wardens in mob areas of iC at the end of the dungeon .Also on most scaled content I’m only falling behind about 4 mil even using this loadout on bosses. If magnitude was raised and my suggested feat be installed I think the dmg output could be equal to the full melee warden

As for the Hunter path I can only say now the damage out put is really good , however it seems like lack of mobility and cooldowns make it kinda a drag to use. If All encounter magnitudes were higher , the cooldowns lower and you could remain mobile during most attacks its possible in the right hands it would surpass a skilled melee warden.
    Post edited by mikewho#5331 on
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I've tried out almost every single option/stance. Something needs to be done to make hunter not be a complete joke when compared with melee warden. The mod 18 changes helped, but some of the feats are basically useless. Something needs to be added to reduce cooldowns.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    The biggest, most obvious issue with ranger is with Wardens. if you're a ranger, that means to play optimally you use the class mechanic- switching seamlessly from melee and ranged and back. currently the highest performing wardens are almost always in melee, mostly ignoring their ranged abilities- this needs to change.

The optimal Warden ranger should mix melee and ranged as part of the base rotations.