test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do I have to Use WASD Keys To Move My Characater???

Do I have to use the WASD keys? I would like to move my character using the two buttons on my mouse like in World of Warcraft? Is this possible? I hate using the keys to move. Thanks

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    You don't have to use WASD but you can't do what you want either.
    Since your name is qwerty, you are supposed to be good with keyboard. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Un-helpful comment:
    I play this game precisely because it Doesn't use the WoW mouse movement.

Maybe helpful:
    That said... Keybinds may allow the use of the mouse.
    For example I use Mouse Button 4 and 5 for Mount and Move.

If you cannot bind the action you want, you can test by binding something else, then export the binds to a file
    ie: type in chat: /bind (and look for the export to file command, give it a name, look at it in the ..\Neverwinter\live directory)

I saw:
    0xf1 "+Mount" ""
    0xf2 "++autoforward" ""

You should be able to find the mouse button's code name and then bind it to ++forward or ++left etc.

I haven't tested this myself, so I wish you best luck.
    (anyone out there more of an expert?)
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Idk will this help just to share, normally i just click "t" the avatar will auto forward and i uses mouse to change directions . i only uses WASD keys during combat to maneuvers/dodge
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    When Cryptic made Champions (same engine) that game has the very best settings available. You can easily switch from First Person to MMO style mouse click and go. Unfortunately a lot of the nicer features were dropped along the way to making this game. What really burn my bacon, is that stoopid target reticle in the dead center of the screen that just will not go away. Believe me, I have tried to find a way to remove it. It might make sense on my range fighters but not on someone with a sword or daggers. Also I am not a moron, I know where the center of my screen is located, not like it is going anywhere soon.

If you need some help with the settings, keybinding, or GUI visit my secret vault on the wiki, click on my signature below.

What @hfleet said will work you need to open the Options --> Keybinds and use "special keys" for the settings.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    Short and sweet I use the mouse and the "W" (or "T") key(s) almost exclusively. "W" for forward motion and mouse for direction so No, one need not use all WAS&D keys for character movement but you will probably have to use at least one of them to get around.
    DD~
  • krysnytekrysnyte Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I mean you don't have to use the S D keys I never use them, and I assume you could plug in a console controller.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    You need a program to run a console controller. The game won't do it on its own.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    greywynd said:

You need a program to run a console controller. The game won't do it on its own.

There is a pretty good one called Joy2Key, it will interface with any USB joystick. Version 3.79 is still freeware to download and use, but after that the people who made it went commercial. You have to buy the higher versions, not that it does anything different. PS3 controllers are plug and play ready, but XBox controllers will require a special driver. I found a cheap $15 PS3 controller at Wal Mart years ago called Power A, for the price it has been very durable.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • czarnasowaczarnasowa Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @"qwerty1234#0515" said:
    > Do I have to use the WASD keys? I would like to move my character using the two buttons on my mouse like in World of Warcraft? Is this possible? I hate using the keys to move. Thanks

lol