test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uprising Preview Patch Notes: NW.115.20190729E.1

Release Notes
Note: We may have included patch notes for issues that were never present on Preview.
Note: This is not an all-inclusive list of fixes, but a snapshot of the many fixes we are doing.

Known Issues
  • The Lionheart weapon that Halaster drops upon defeat can only be picked up by one Party Group, the other group cannot see the dropped Lionheart weapon to even interact with it.
  • Appearance – If an item says it is free of charge to transmute, you will not get charged even though it says you will.

Notable Changes

Content and Environment
PvP
  • Added a passive speed boost of 15% when flagged for PvP and not in combat.
  • Companion powers no longer work in PVP.
Tower of the Mad Mage
  • Arcane Blast base damage has been slightly reduced.
  • Attacks that caused unavoidable damage would damage players encased in permafrost should work correctly.
  • Cloud to Ground damge has been slightly increased.
  • Disintegration Wave damage during the final all elements encounter has been reduced.
  • Electrified floor damage began immediately during disintegration wave in the Lightning and Ice subphase of phase 3 has been corrected.
  • Enrage timer in phase 3 of the fight has been increased to 12m30s, up from 10m.
  • Halaster's hands during phase 2 had lower resistances than during the rest of the fight.
  • Halaster will now use disintegration wave between phase 3 elemental sub phases if he is phase pushed before using disintegration wave.
  • Halaster would become untargetable during the final phase of the fight while casting Sunfall.
  • Health for Halaster's hands' in phase 2 has been increased.
  • Heatwave, Superstorm and Whiteout damage have been slightly reduced.
  • Hypothermia damage during the final all elements phase of the encounter has been slightly reduced.
  • Hypothermia Vulnerability was not properly increasing the damage dealt by Hypothermia. (Hypothermia now deals 10x more damage when two stacks of Hypothermia Vulnerability are present on a target.)
  • If the party wiped while a Halaster simulacrum was active, it would remain and use disintegration wave when the party re-entered.
  • Imminent Annihilation now increases damage dealt by Arcane Blast.
  • Imminent Annihilation now indicates it increases the damage taken by all arcane spells cast by Halaster. (This includes and has included, despite the tooltip not indicating it—Disintegration Wave.)
  • Lowered the time that Magnetic Discharge checks for collision to reduce the chance that players with opposite charges walking into one another after the power finishes will cause discharge to occur.
  • Permafrost would cancel some positive conditions and passive effects on the target, and they would not be reapplied after it was destroyed.
  • Under certain conditions Halaster would delay using attacks when all players were far away from him.
  • When all 3 elements were active the proper elemental orbs in the background did not display.
  • When Halaster cast Ground to Cloud from the center of the arena while other actions were happening, a second wave would occur a few seconds after the first Cloud to Ground, then new Cloud to Ground markers would form but no damage would fire.
Combat and Powers
Powers
  • Armor power Stunning Encore now works with Knocks.
Fighter
  • Cleaned up old data from Immovable Object power that was causing unexpected behavior when certain feats were chosen.
Wizard
  • Ray of Frost should only trigger Critical Conflagration one per crit now.
Items and Economy
General
  • Dye polishing and numerous bug fixes.
  • Extensive polishing pass on rewards.
  • Icon polish pass.
  • Reducing the healing boost from enchantments to bring it in line with companion influence.
  • The effect of increased damage and decreased damage taken granted by the Lionheart weapon set bonus have been increased to 10%, up from 5%.
  • The Lionheart weapon set bonus should always work as indicated.
Rewards
  • Butcher's Might applied by ebony equipment now display a positive condition icon, similar to those applied by primal equipment.
  • The binding status of a number of rings have been updated.
  • All Butcher's Might armor powers now properly trigger on self-healing.
  • All Butcher's Remedy armor powers now properly trigger on self-healing.
  • All Butcher's Tenacity armor powers now properly increase armor penetration based on armor penetration, not power.
  • All Butcher's Tenacity armor powers now properly trigger on self-healing.

User Interface
Appearance
  • Bandit Dye Pack correctly unlocks only the 3 dyes on its tooltip.
  • Cruelty of the Dragonflight dye pack correctly unlocks the 3 dyes on its tooltip.
  • Moonstone Fancy Dye Pack failed to unlock Soft Gold in Color Library.
Inspect Player
  • Removing the gear and fashion buttons entirely; they were disabled but apparently not visually enough.
Art, Animation, Audio, and Effects
Audio
  • Polished a lot of VO and general creature sound effects.
  • Polishing pass on Cutscenes.
Localization
  • Various fixes have been made to text in the French, German, Italian, and Russian locales.

Comments

• solanaceae#5995 solanaceae Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Unsure if intentional, but Wizard's Conduit of Ice no longer triggers Rimefire Smolder on nearby targets on each tick. This is a huge nerf to AoE damage, even moreso than the Critical Conflagration change.
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    No fix yet for the 20 foot range on Combat Advantage? Please prioritize this fix.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Unsure if intentional, but Wizard's Conduit of Ice no longer triggers Rimefire Smolder on nearby targets on each tick. This is a huge nerf to AoE damage, even moreso than the Critical Conflagration change.

This is working just fine for me with Critical conflagration and directed flames, I get a rimefire smoulder proc on each tick (assuming the conduit was a crit).
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I wonder how much time will it take to address the underperformance of Barbarian DPS in the new trial
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User

I wonder how much time will it take to address the underperformance of Barbarian DPS in the new trial

The underperformance of *most* of the so-called dps paths (whatever the class, provided they have a dps path).
  • margus23margus23 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Where is all the fixed for barbarian ???? there havent been any changes to them since mod 16 came out
  • solanaceae#5995 solanaceae Member Posts: 29 Arc User

This is working just fine for me with Critical conflagration and directed flames, I get a rimefire smoulder proc on each tick (assuming the conduit was a crit).
    Are you sure it was on nearby targets? CoI still triggers Rimefire per tick on the target itself for me, just not other targets in the AoE.
  • rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User

Are you sure it was on nearby targets? CoI still triggers Rimefire per tick on the target itself for me, just not other targets in the AoE.
    Yup it seems like CoI become single target skill that affects only nearby targets with Glowing Flames :) (at least i feel it as it works now ;p )
  • rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    for barbarians, consider this:

1 - Up to 5 our rage gain by atwill (up to 1,5) . If possible, when hit multiple targets, one more rage per target to a max of 5.( that will bring back the hapiness to feel more strong against hordes than single enemies.).

2 - improve the main speed of that atwills, adjusting our tab bonus.

2 - For bladmasters, up to 25%-30% (up to 10-15%) our damage bonus when battlerage is active (now, only affect encounters and dailys)

at least, barbarians will be adapted to build rage by atwills and burst using encounters instead of build rage by encounters to dps using atwills. If now daily>encounters>atwills, that dynamic don’t make sense.

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    @dinothar#3332

These patch notes say that companions are disabled in PVP. This fix attempt either failed or wasn't supposed to be in this set of patch notes.

Test Results 8/1/19:

New PVP map: All companions I tested work on the new PVP map on preview still. I tested using moonshae druid, energon, duergar thurge, deepcrow, scarecrow, black dragon ioun stone, death slaad, and tamed velociraptor.

Hotenow Domination: Some pets were disabled but others still work. HP pets still work and at least one of my armor pen pets (scarecrow) works. Deepcrow and black dragon ioun stone also work. Incomming healing pets I tried were disabled. Raptor was also disabled.

Some of the changes from the patch are applied, such as the weapon set bonus buff being 10% instead of 5%, but it looks like PVP ones must not have been meant to be in this patch.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I posted this in another thread, but I think it might be more relevant here...

"
    Content and Environment
    PvP
    Added a passive speed boost of 15% when flagged for PvP and not in combat.
    Companion powers no longer work in PVP.
    "

What they need to do, is get rid of the combined rating system (not stat bonuses from companion player bonus). It makes it very easy to reach all the caps in PVE, which makes new gear less appealing, not needed at all, nor desirable compared to old gear with %dmg bonuses, it also devalued tri and dual stat enchants by around 30%-50%. The combined rating system also flattens out the stat distribution in PVP which is bad because it makes counter stats more meaningless the flatter the average stat distribution becomes.

\

Hope you guys are happy, combined rating system with less sources of stats without the combined rating system, not good. Just because more people vote for something, doesn't make it a good idea. Look at Trump for example. Likely they caved because it was the easier than making different queues for different levels of players (weight divisions). Why do that when they can just cut the legs off the heavyweight players?

======================================================
    "
    Wizard
    Ray of Frost should only trigger Critical Conflagration one per crit now.
    "

From the testing I did, RoF *never* proced Critical Conflagration more than once per hit.

RoF proced Directed Flames twice IFF the following three conditions were true:
    1) The target is already affected by smolder or rimefire.
    2) There were less than 6 stacks of chill on the target
    and
    3) The hit (tick) was a critical hit and the player has Critical Conflagration slotted.

What happens is, it procs Directed Flames once for adding a stack of Chill (probably for refreshed rimefire), and once for procing Critical Conflagration if it was a critical hit.

This also happens with Icy Terrain and Conduit of Ice, except with CoI it would only proc Directed Flames twice on the first tick iff the same three conditions above were true.

I have a feeling this "fix" will cause more problems, as the wording in the notes seems to indicate a misconception on the source of multi-procing Directed Flames in certain cases (less than 6 stacks of chill and a crit). I'm also not sure if attempting to fix this is even a good idea, the only case this actually adds a decent amount of dps is on mobs, as bosses usually stay at 6 stacks of chill anyways. Also, it would negate the value of using Directed Flames on Critless builds (pvp).
    Post edited by quickfoot#7851 on

• lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    We are very happy. You are not happy you are welcome to fark off to other games. They have already stated long ago that companion bonuses are not supposed to be in dom. It was a mistake and they are rectifying the mistake. Right now its still not complete as the companion stats adding is still active in dom. Can't wait for that to be eliminated too.
    I have stated many times that in order for more people to try pvp, you need to level the playing field. Now the devs are not gonna do differentiated queues - beginner q, advanced q. That is too much work for them. So we gotta make do with what we have. And the deactivation of comp bonuses is a step in the right direction towards leveling the playing field. My ideal is even taking away mount insignias, mount bonuses in pvp dom. You shld only pvp with whatever you wear, wpns you hold, the artifacts you have and the enchantments. This will make playing field more level and at the same time there will still be some differences due to the gear and the enchantments. This will lower the barrier of new players trying out pvp and give them a chance to enjoy pvp and not getting steamrolled.
    edited August 2019
    Now maybe the ptw pvpers and some pvpers who grinded out their stuff may be angry. I've paid or grinded hard for the right to stomp noobs. Why can't I use my over-powered stuff to stomp people. Well you can still do that in open-world pvp, stronghold. But domination pvp is supposed to be competitive. Pm vs Pm where strategy, tactics and individual skill should be the deciding factor in who wins instead of having that pet that adds 8k to your stats. If you wanna stomp pugs with your cockatrices, pigs, bulette or alpha compy, you are still welcome to do so in iwp or dv or stronghold.
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Though the changes are indeed welcome, there still is the issue of fighter with lion mount combat power and shadowclad.

To start off with fighter: with equipped Artificer's Persuasion mount insignia bonus, as well as legendary mount buff with 30% CDR and Wyvern Knives, the build can have up to 5 knockdowns if a fighter also gets lion mount. This build has no counters in melee as there is even a possibility for Rogue's Impossible To Catch to bug and go on cooldown without activating, save for running away - which takes 2 class features for me to do so to outrun Bull Charge 20% bonus. Once caught in melee by one mistake if you don't have shadowclad (which I'll talk about soon) or 300k+ HP you have around 80% chance to die due to not being able to defend self while getting constantly knocked prone. Please, do something about these knockdowns. They are way more powerful than stuns and against build like this it is either kill in one rotation or outrun or simply die because no pure DPS class can survive this without Shadowclad enchantment since stamina runs out quicker for dodges than for shields.

Now onto shadowclad: with damage resistance up to 32% at r14 and extremely high chance to deflect, every burst damage class is placed at a disadvantage due to even over 60% damage reduction total. I have seen my Hateful Knives - which normally hit for 100k+ damage and then twice that hit for 30k and then 15k twice. Reduction from 80k damage. Literally everyone is wearing either of three overload enchantments (wards): rogue, fighter or wizard. Due to this I found that enemies with 3k item level less but with shadowclad and rogue wards give me a struggle up to even a minute of defending a node. Assassinate striking for 10-30k and then going on 16s cooldown is laughable. With no team focusing on one person and extreme luck there is very little chance that one can get even a double kill while not having earlier mentioned fighter build.
    Edit: Forgot to mention that stealth added by shadowclad can't be seen at close unless something else is showing position like Doohickey. Still, in my opinion it should work the same way as rogue's stealth, even if temporary.

Now onto my rogue experience: in PvP I would really love to play as a Whisperknife as it has ranged options instead of constant danger of unavoidable stun at close proximity from Paladin or Barbarian but stealth recharge and sometimes damage output is simply awful. Even as Assassin I find myself unable to go into stealth if enemy uses a quick DoT power and I have to use my dodges for little damage powers to even be able to deal some damage because none of at-wills from rogue class can deal good damage in PvP save for Gloaming Cut and Duellist's Flurry... which still have to hit. I am literally forced to go Assassin in PvP because it doesn't heavily depend on class features so I can put in Sneak Attack and Skillful Infiltrator for that bonus speed and stealth recharge is way more efficient than Whisperknife's. A simple wizard can prevent stealth regeneration with their rays unless I dodge. Almost every class doesn't have to worry about not using defensive encounter powers. Rogue has to sacrifice their damage for Impossible To Catch as crowd control powers are very dangerous to them. In PvP that 75% deflect severity isn't going to help much if the only way to deflect right now is to have shadowclad.

Some things I observed:

Elven Battle doesn't seem to work properly on a lot of monsters and even player powers and doesn't reduce stun/immobilise time.

Impossible To Catch doesn't work against Greater Ettercaps' disable and pull power.

Hateful Knives animation can sometimes get bugged and player continues to spin.

Stealth in PvP often gets bugged and it shows on client side as if it was not going down almost at all while in fact the player is out of stealth.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    @lemolle You clearly have no idea what the effects of lowering the stat pool in face of the combined rating system will have on builds. Currently everyone is super tanky. Why? Part of it is because you get much more mileage from putting points in defensive stats due to only having to reach a certain minimum threshold. The exception is Deflect, which you have to push past your opponents accuracy stat, but in this case, it's Accuracy which only needs to meet a minimum threshold that reduces the average player's deflect chance to such a percent that it's not really helping.

The combined rating system is actually a problem in both PVE & PVP, and any source of stats w/o it helps to alleviate the issue.

From the beginning I have said that companion bonuses such as manticore, obc, pig, etc which have some effect that procs, will need special attention to make sure they aren't exploitable or overpowered in PVP. But the extra stats we get from the player bonuses actually help PVP right now as the stat pool is relatively small even with them. I'm sorry if you can't intuite what effects removing more "free" stats from the stat pool will have, but it will reduce the variance in stat distributions between players and make crit and deflect stats worthless to invest in.

Wanting to keep stat bonuses from companions is not about wanting to stomp nubs. If you pay attention, I don't even want to see a single nub, I want them in their own respective queues playing with other players at their same level. You can't throw a chihuahua into a dog fight with fully grown pitbulls and expect it not to be a massacre (I do not condone dog fighting btw). You could cut off all the pitbulls' legs, and they would still slaughter the chihuahua, trying to level the playing field like that wont work. You need to put the chihuahua in it's own bracket, that's the only solution.

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Though the changes are indeed welcome, there still is the issue of fighter with lion mount combat power and shadowclad.

To start off with fighter: with equipped Artificer's Persuasion mount insignia bonus, as well as legendary mount buff with 30% CDR and Wyvern Knives, the build can have up to 5 knockdowns if a fighter also gets lion mount. This build has no counters in melee as there is even a possibility for Rogue's Impossible To Catch to bug and go on cooldown without activating, save for running away - which takes 2 class features for me to do so to outrun Bull Charge 20% bonus. Once caught in melee by one mistake if you don't have shadowclad (which I'll talk about soon) or 300k+ HP you have around 80% chance to die due to not being able to defend self while getting constantly knocked prone. Please, do something about these knockdowns. They are way more powerful than stuns and against build like this it is either kill in one rotation or outrun or simply die because no pure DPS class can survive this without Shadowclad enchantment since stamina runs out quicker for dodges than for shields.

Now onto shadowclad: with damage resistance up to 32% at r14 and extremely high chance to deflect, every burst damage class is placed at a disadvantage due to even over 60% damage reduction total. I have seen my Hateful Knives - which normally hit for 100k+ damage and then twice that hit for 30k and then 15k twice. Reduction from 80k damage. Literally everyone is wearing either of three overload enchantments (wards): rogue, fighter or wizard. Due to this I found that enemies with 3k item level less but with shadowclad and rogue wards give me a struggle up to even a minute of defending a node. Assassinate striking for 10-30k and then going on 16s cooldown is laughable. With no team focusing on one person and extreme luck there is very little chance that one can get even a double kill while not having earlier mentioned fighter build.

Edit: Forgot to mention that stealth added by shadowclad can't be seen at close unless something else is showing position like Doohickey. Still, in my opinion it should work the same way as rogue's stealth, even if temporary.

Now onto my rogue experience: in PvP I would really love to play as a Whisperknife as it has ranged options instead of constant danger of unavoidable stun at close proximity from Paladin or Barbarian but stealth recharge and sometimes damage output is simply awful. Even as Assassin I find myself unable to go into stealth if enemy uses a quick DoT power and I have to use my dodges for little damage powers to even be able to deal some damage because none of at-wills from rogue class can deal good damage in PvP save for Gloaming Cut and Duellist's Flurry... which still have to hit. I am literally forced to go Assassin in PvP because it doesn't heavily depend on class features so I can put in Sneak Attack and Skillful Infiltrator for that bonus speed and stealth recharge is way more efficient than Whisperknife's. A simple wizard can prevent stealth regeneration with their rays unless I dodge. Almost every class doesn't have to worry about not using defensive encounter powers. Rogue has to sacrifice their damage for Impossible To Catch as crowd control powers are very dangerous to them. In PvP that 75% deflect severity isn't going to help much if the only way to deflect right now is to have shadowclad.

Some things I observed:

Elven Battle doesn't seem to work properly on a lot of monsters and even player powers and doesn't reduce stun/immobilise time.

Impossible To Catch doesn't work against Greater Ettercaps' disable and pull power.

Hateful Knives animation can sometimes get bugged and player continues to spin.

Stealth in PvP often gets bugged and it shows on client side as if it was not going down almost at all while in fact the player is out of stealth.

I don't know where you are getting the idea that you have to slot impossible to catch in order to do well, I haven't touched that power all module and I play an assassin.

You are right about assassin currently being better than whisperknife though:
    WK is good against other rogues and the gap between the 2 is much smaller when dueling eachother. For fighting tanky classes/players, assassin is a much better choice.
    To kill really tanky players, you need an at will power with decent damage, at least 2 high dps encounter powers, and a high damage daily.
    Assassin has all of those things but WK's at will dps is just plain bad. WK can kinda manage the other 2 things I mentioned but not as well as assassin can. They do have shadow of demise, which helps a little bit but it requires them to hit hard to get much dps out of it in the first place.

I agree with you that CCs are an issue right now, the main issue is that most of these powers are super buggy and can do things like ignore some or all immunity frames, ignore CC resistance stacks, go through dodges, ignore elven battle's CC resist, ect.

The shadowclad enchantment is unbalanced compared to other enchantments but its probably not a #1 priority to fix. Next mod we'll either be taking more damage than we did on live or dps output will remain the same but we will heal less.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    > @trgluestickz
    I never said that you must have it slotted. Just that it is in fact a sacrifice of damage and/or control power like Dazing Strike. I use it since without shadowclad you are defenseless while cc'ed and most classes get a surprisingly high amount of those that are way longer than rogue's. If it did sound like I wrote that you must have it slotted, my apologies - I'm not perfect with English.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I did not know that companion powers were active in PVP, did not care, how could anyone even run PVP like that for near a hole mod?
    Comp powers were allways completely bugged and annoying in PVP, why did they activate them at all?

Anyway, PVP will stay from no to low response in this game. There never will be an acceptable balance.
    Class A dominates Class B, C, D, E
    Class F has a small niche against class A, but is at bottom vs all other etc.
    Beside that, gear (and bugs) dominates everything else, sure skill and other factors also count, but this game has proven for years that it can't handle PVP.
    It feels more as an annoyance, that they still keep on wasting time for this part of the game at all, instead taking care of other stuff.
    When there is no time to fix even classbreaking bugs , how should they ever be capable to balance a complex thing like PVP?
This discussion has been closed.