test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Illusionist Gambit

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
5/12/2019 Please, for the Sake of EVERYONE... DISABLE ILLUSIONIST GAMBIT. It is a slaughter fest where mobs FEAST and the players are the main course.

I am a Level 26 Barbie...
Multiple times I have entered with various leveled players and... cannot even complete the first round of mobs as they just wipe us out in less then 90 secs.

Comments

• mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I have to agree. Once in a while you get an icy floor or similar that are not to bad with a good team, but if it is fire, it is generally a wipe. It starts way to early in your characters level too and I for one am happy when I get past level 69 so I can do random queues again. I have never gone past bronze, but even that is a pain with 105% concentration needed (and a couple healers) or dead.

Compared to the other early skirmishes, it is IMO far to challenging and needs to either be majorly toned down or removed. I am sure many will see this and just tell me to GG and don't stand in the fire etc, but honestly I cringe whenever I see it loading and for a game designed to be fun it is over the top.
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    As long as you have a decent team, it isn't that bad. Actually, I kinda like it now, it actually has some challenge to it... if it had some decent rewards it would be a good time. Completed it with RIQ teams 2 out of three times, the other group was a weekender shlub group who ran at the challenge...
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    As of the last huge patch, 6/4/19 we still get mass wipes. I was running 24k hell bringer SW, I believe aoe floor fire and all general fire is 50% too strong, and irresistible damage, and since it covers 90% of the floor, well...
  • dennizonndennizonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I love this skirmish myself, but I agree that certain rounds are too hard with an underdeveloped group. I would never want to see it taken away, but maybe some tweaks would be helpful. Usually my groups beat the first round, whichever it is, without exception from the random queue. But going into a second or third round is much less likely to succeed, and honestly I never get the chance to enjoy it because everyone just votes to quit after the first round anyway.
  • dactylion2dactylion2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    If you queue into it with 5 DPS, it's pretty much impossible to get through Bronze unless everyone has a truck ton of personal healing items they're prepared to use, along with ress scrolls.

As someone else pointed out, if it's the Fire one, it'll wipe within seconds.
  • aodfireravenaodfireraven Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    What's worse, this is almost all my lower lvl toons get for random queue.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    One of the reasons I stopped random queuing was out of fear of landing there.
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Doesnt IG still complete the random quest even on a fail ? Unless they changes that, who cares if u win or lose. Rewards from there is bad anyway.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I can confirm it still completes on a fail.

I have done three recently, one where one toon died maybe eight times in 3 minutes or so?

I was left last person standing and died trying to rezz another toon.

Its really quite amusing :)
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Who cares? Take your fail reward and move on...

Seems like RLC and RIQ only gives skirmishes unless someone specifically requests a dungeon.

I have only gotten Thrones and PoM in RIQ and DL or MotH in RLQ.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Most likely the queue fires whenever there are 5 ready to go. It unlikely the 5 will be tank, heal, and 3xdps, so the map is drawn only from skirmishes. There is no worthwhile reward in IG any more. Just wipe for your random reward.
  • groo#6243 groo Member Posts: 98 Arc User

Seems like RLC and RIQ only gives skirmishes unless someone specifically requests a dungeon.

When at mid levels during levelling a character, IG does indeed seem to pop much more often than any other dungeon/skirmish. I've played NW for a couple of years and found that's always seemed to be the case.

People are mentioning trouble with lower level characters in IG and also talk about RiQ's. It should be pointed out that the IG you get during levelling is not the same IG you get when you hit level 70 (I assume that hasn't changed in mod 16). It used to be IG when levelling and Epic IG once you hit 70.

I've done several IG's at level 70+ in mod 16 and they aren't really much different than before. On the other hand, I recently levelled a fighter and on the way up my experience of IG was much the same as other comments here (generally an early wipe). Then, once getting past level 70 with the same character and IG has gone back to being ok again.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

There is no worthwhile reward in IG any more. Just wipe for your random reward.

I try and explain this most times. Most often no one really understands or responds.

I cry my little eyes out when someone enthusiastically shouts "Lets go for Gold Team Mates!"

I then lol when we get wiped going for Silver

Because it wastes my time when could be doing something more interesting?
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User

Because it wastes my time when could be doing something more interesting?
    Then dont que for random. Que for the actual dungeon u want to run then.
    Which then means skipping the stronghold quest for random queue. So my choice is to miss out on the random queue rewards or spend however long waiting for IG to start and then lose or leave and take the penalty? And that is every day for however long.. or simply remove IG from the lower than lvl 70 queue but keep it for over when it actually gets to become fun.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    You aren't really wasting time if you are getting rewards. Even with a failure, it doesn't take more time than anything else in the less than 70 leveling queue.
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    i wonder why put that on que for lower than 25 lvl...
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Why run it to gold? The epic +4 companion gear that can drop for the higher achievement level, also in Folly; another buggy mess. (Although it is likely only the highest damage dealer who sees such goodies.)
    Why is it worth fixing?
    Fun
    Inclusion of all levels
    A novel map and challenge
    A content sparse Que list
    Because we don't like to lose
    And an expectation that a professional company would not publish trash and then ask for money to support it.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Illusionist's Gambit is no longer on Leveling Queue.
    It's now on Intermediate Queue and it's the easiest from Intermediate list if you do just bronze (you still get full AD on bronze, also you get full AD even if you fail).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Why run it to gold? The epic +4 companion gear that can drop for the higher achievement level

Do you care about the +4 companion gear anymore since the landing of mod 16? +4 is nothing comparing with what you get from Undermountain campaign. I swapped out the +4 one by one in the course of the undermountain campaign.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @aodfireraven said:
    > Who cares? Take your fail reward and move on...
    >
    >
    >
    > Seems like RLC and RIQ only gives skirmishes unless someone specifically requests a dungeon.
    >
    >
    >
    > I have only gotten Thrones and PoM in RIQ and DL or MotH in RLQ.
    >
    > Because it wastes my time when could be doing something more interesting?

How is a few minutes fail wasting your time when you’re spending at least 5 in DL or MoTH? You’re still getting a reward AND RLQ credit.
  • kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    gambit is "broken" for leveling queue, especially since introducing mod 16 "scaling"

just dying and getting credit i am sure is not WAI and is to me a unavoidable forced exploit.

downright annoying for the new players i run with but does at least introduce them to dealing with random queue flaws right away.

it is not even listed as option in random leveling queue list. REMOVE IT from leveling queue please.
    Post edited by kstubble#4883 on
  • warrfb#9532 warrfb Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    fyrstigor said:

Doesnt IG still complete the random quest even on a fail ? Unless they changes that, who cares if u win or lose. Rewards from there is bad anyway.

its supposed to be playable, and fun. Not something you cheat out and get a reward. Staff put so much effort and worry into making the new game intro comely for new players, and forgot that new players will eventually queue for random leveling queue, and get THIS . IG is something they should move up to intermediate queue, not remove.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The problem is that Illusionist's Gambit features drops that directly impact players' ability to run the Cloaked Ascendancy Campaign... and I'm not just talking about farming the Fleece for the Illusionist weapon set. Yes, you can complete the campaign without it, but it takes longer to do so. Unless all Cloaked Ascendancy drops can simply be bought directly from the Seals Vendor in the Protector's Enclave using seals, Illusionist's Gambit is needed for the campaign and must be fixed.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I took a new toon through the CA campaign a few months ago. I did not have to farm IG. I actually did not farm anything other than to get the dailies done for the boons.