test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this someone's idea of a joke? because it not funny

i have 360,000 max HP, 1,216 is not even .3% of my max HP, why was this done in addition to the severe 75% AP nerf?

for the love of Tymora I wish you @devs would do something better for this Artifact. For many players this was the entire reason they created a DC.
Tagged:

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

i have 360,000 max HP, 1,216 is not even .3% of my max HP, why was this done in addition to the severe 75% AP nerf?

for the love of Tymora I wish you @devs would do something better for this Artifact. For many players this was the entire reason they created a DC.

But if they did that you wouldn't be forced to buy healing stones, potions and take healers with you on dungeon runs.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • maturutukimaturutuki Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Leave this as is - but add at 80lvl HARD (class depending - that need skill in played class) solo challenge with reward: account unlocking option for exchange class artifact for its 300ilvl counterpart (in same or similar way as current lostmauth set exchange).
  • methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Meh..... Clerics are useless now. Going to get even worse with Mod 17. I don't even slot my Sigil of the Clerics anymore.
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    In dungeon u have a healer class. In solo u have insignia bonus, who even cares about any other ways of healing? Potions and stones are barely used anymore anyway.

But the values shown are actually wrong. It says 1216, but only heals for 672. No one ever used it for the heals, it was always for the AP though.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Potions and stones are the first line of defense unless you enjoy waking up at the campfire.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    The Sigils are almost completely irrelevant at this point with the more useful ones (such as the DC and OP) nerfed into near uselessness in both the past and in the upcoming mod. Between the stat choices and the utility of the effects of some of the current artifact sets its better to switch. Things like this make it all the more easier for me.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

The Sigils are almost completely irrelevant at this point with the more useful ones (such as the DC and OP) nerfed into near uselessness in both the past and in the upcoming mod. Between the stat choices and the utility of the effects of some of the current artifact sets its better to switch. Things like this make it all the more easier for me.

It's a class sigil, it should be one of the pinnacle achievements for you as a player, not some worthless item from 16 mods ago that serves no purpose but collections. they updated the classes and the enemies, the UI, the entire game and even added artifacts with 2x the stats of any in the game. if max level is 80 now, thats when you should get your class artifact and it should actually require you proving your mastery of the class, not fetching some corn chips for captain kangaroo. and it should be worth it.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly, Paris. They should have been updated or given some opportunity to grow in power along with the character instead of joining the endless supply of useless artifacts that keep getting made more redundant with each new mod. As it stands, this crew doesn't provide a means of updating old gear that may fit your character for a number of reasons. That defeats the purpose of an endless race for the newest shinies. That coupled with the changes that 16 brought to the game shows why the class sigils are pretty much useless. I wish they were not but unfortunately, I don't see the devs changing them. Like I said, makes it easier for me.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    All the healing artifacts are pathetic.

I still use the paladin's. It's not great, but it makes a difference - for me at least. Probably because none of my characters have all that many health points.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    For one thing the number of refinement points anyone gets by attempting to convert old artifacts is another "joke"... and any in game currency a player gets for trying to sell those items moves beyond a "joke" to the realm of being an 'insult'.

I hate throwing away things like -

but many of us have come to the point of either disposing of these items for an insulting next to nothing - regardless of what it 'cost' us to obtain them to begin with, or finding some place to store them for little more than a sense of nostalgia... and neither option is particularly appealing to me as far as I'm concerned.
    DD~
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    And... this is why I have been saying that Mod 16 is an insult to players. We all grinded our HAMSTER off to make our characters the best they could possibly be in this game, and Mod 16 pulls the rug right out from under us all... making the last 5 years of time invested, money and game-play totally irrelevant.

The only reason why I stick around is to see the day that Neverwinter goes the way of Star Wars Galaxies and WildStar. And just like Vir in Babylon 5, I would smile and wave.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams

And... this is why I have been saying that Mod 16 is an insult to players. We all grinded our HAMSTER off to make our characters the best they could possibly be in this game, and Mod 16 pulls the rug right out from under us all... making the last 5 years of time invested, money and game-play totally irrelevant.

The only reason why I stick around is to see the day that Neverwinter goes the way of Star Wars Galaxies and WildStar. And just like Vir in Babylon 5, I would smile and wave.

The problem didn't suddenly occur with Mod16, this has been a perpetuating issue for quite a while, remember those "Elemental Fire" weapons and artifacts players got upon reaching level 60? But I don't plan on 'smiling and waving' as I anticipate the demise of Neverwinter, I plan on doing what I can to try to see Neverwinter survives,,,

Which primarily consists of offering personal (as objective as possible) opinion and suggestions with the full knowledge that I am just a singular voice among the multitudes so I'm not going to get snippy or hostile if my every suggestion isn't acknowledged and immediately acted upon.

DD~

If it took u the last 5 years to become "good", u where doing very very bad though xD

But mod 16 was what the game needed. The game had gotten to a point where u had to spend insane AD on most classes to become relevant and capable of actually playing the game. If u have to grind mediocore and boring content for several hours every day for 6+ months before u have the basic items thats a "must have" to play endgame content. Well not many is gonna stick around for that. And if something wasnt done to change the game, it would only take longer and longer to reach the point of endgame. This did mean a lot of us who have been playing for years who bought all those things and spend that kind of AD suddenly didnt have a huge cap to the new guy who only played a month or 2. But we still had and have a gab.

Its nothing different from spending 5-10 mill on a set of masterwork weapon only to see it being replaced with easy farmed set in the next mod. Things change and if u wanna be infront always its gonna cost some AD. Then its ur choice as a player if u wanna spend that big AD to be ahead always.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    fyrstigor said:

If it took u the last 5 years to become "good", u where doing very very bad though xD

But mod 16 was what the game needed. The game had gotten to a point where u had to spend insane AD on most classes to become relevant and capable of actually playing the game. If u have to grind mediocore and boring content for several hours every day for 6+ months before u have the basic items thats a "must have" to play endgame content. Well not many is gonna stick around for that. And if something wasnt done to change the game, it would only take longer and longer to reach the point of endgame. This did mean a lot of us who have been playing for years who bought all those things and spend that kind of AD suddenly didnt have a huge cap to the new guy who only played a month or 2. But we still had and have a gab.

Its nothing different from spending 5-10 mill on a set of masterwork weapon only to see it being replaced with easy farmed set in the next mod. Things change and if u wanna be infront always its gonna cost some AD. Then its ur choice as a player if u wanna spend that big AD to be ahead always.
    The gap in getting to end game and time to get there without paying money into the game is much larger than what it was in Mod 15. In the past mods if you chose the right class you could get into end game in a month or less of grind because all you had to do was play a class like DO/DC and you were able to get into end game content earning end game rewards. A lot of what your saying is true that there was need for some changes. The implementation of the changes is what is questionable.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    dionchi said:

The problem didn't suddenly occur with Mod16, this has been a perpetuating issue for quite a while, remember those "Elemental Fire" weapons and artifacts players got upon reaching level 60? But I don't plan on 'smiling and waving' as I anticipate the demise of Neverwinter, I plan on doing what I can to try to see Neverwinter survives,,,

Which primarily consists of offering personal (as objective as possible) opinion and suggestions with the full knowledge that I am just a singular voice among the multitudes so I'm not going to get snippy or hostile if my every suggestion isn't acknowledged and immediately acted upon.

Yeah - this.

I just stopped chasing anything remotely BiS and just play the game for fun now.

For two years its been "oooo look shiny new thing" = weeks of grind to obtain … then

"oooo look shiny new thing" = weeks of grind to obtain … then …

But that's how MMOs work - its up to the players to decide if its still fun and what they might spend money on...

fyrstigor said:

The gap in getting to end game and time to get there without paying money into the game is much larger than what it was in Mod 15. In the past mods if you chose the right class you could get into end game in a month or less of grind because all you had to do was play a class like DO/DC and you were able to get into end game content earning end game rewards. A lot of what your saying is true that there was need for some changes. The implementation of the changes is what is questionable.
    So because 1 class or 1 path was able to get into endgame content because they had to do nothing and just be around it was better? From the looks on random ques there is far more DPS classes in the game than tanks and healers. And DPS classes took forever or a HAMSTER ton of AD to get into endgame content. Clerics, paladins, fighters could do it much faster because no one cared about what they could do, the main DPS just wanted those static buffs.

Now everyone no matter their class can get into endgame content equally fast. U can play what u like and get in. So no the gab from new to endgame isnt bigger now than before. Getting into endgame content in about a month now isnt hard for any class. Before only few classes could do it.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    fyrstigor said:

fyrstigor said:

So because 1 class or 1 path was able to get into endgame content because they had to do nothing and just be around it was better? From the looks on random ques there is far more DPS classes in the game than tanks and healers. And DPS classes took forever or a HAMSTER ton of AD to get into endgame content. Clerics, paladins, fighters could do it much faster because no one cared about what they could do, the main DPS just wanted those static buffs.

Now everyone no matter their class can get into endgame content equally fast. U can play what u like and get in. So no the gab from new to endgame isnt bigger now than before. Getting into endgame content in about a month now isnt hard for any class. Before only few classes could do it.
    Part of the reason is that scaling made it much more difficult to get through early game content for new players. Hence, why there is a LOT of turn over of players in the game right now. The AD gain of a lot of new players relied on RIQ rAD to help them improve. Removing that from them was a big obstacle added. Also, the dps classes can now get into content faster but that wasn't ever a problem in the randoms since you still have the same requirements to kick the queues off. Nothing changed on the queues so arguing that more dps get into randoms doesn't fly. The private queues are the only thing that helped 1 or 2 classes get into content easier in game. It also made for bad balance of classes more so than mod 15 which caused those other classes to have similar issues with getting into content so it was at best a wash in changes. That will exacerbate next mod with the addition of content that is difficult.

It has always taken a lot of AD to get into end game no matter what for all classes. The only difference is you could do end game with low levels in previous mods. You can't in this mod since the game is much more item reliant. The gear in this mod also created a new problem in that it gives empty item level to players and lets them get into content early that they have no business in doing.

Is the addition of having dps in fights wanted a better thing when it meant that they disassembled the best combat in all MMOs? The combat system is now a generic one that is like two steps backwards compared to other MMOs. You either do damage, heal or tank and this is somehow more fun? There are parts of the new dungeon I just do nothing at. There are too many mechanics that players do nothing in them. How is huddling up to one player while one person plays the game and the rest watch a fun mechanic (second boss lomm)? All of the old dungeons aren't built for this combat system and it shows. They had to nerf all of the skirmishes that spread the team out because everyone kept dying. Now, the only way to do those pieces of content is to be able to kill the mobs in one hit or play a version of that content where the monsters have no chance to kill you. They are leaving CR in messed up state since the mechanic at the last boss was to stay together and shield up to avoid the red areas from 1 shotting you. It now still kills in 1 hit but the only real way to beat it is to dodge the red areas. This was probably the mechanic that they wanted to setup all from the start but they didn't match up the red area affects which causes there to be times where the entire floor is one red AoE that 1 hit kills most every class. Not a good design since if they fix the 1 shot effects the dungeon is super easy. Their solution is to not do anything with it at this time which is what a lot of the other content is setup to be like.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2019

It's a class sigil, it should be one of the pinnacle achievements for you as a player, not some worthless item from 16 mods ago that serves no purpose but collections. they updated the classes and the enemies, the UI, the entire game and even added artifacts with 2x the stats of any in the game. if max level is 80 now, thats when you should get your class artifact and it should actually require you proving your mastery of the class, not fetching some corn chips for captain kangaroo. and it should be worth it.
    I like how it is now... but it would be nice to see a class bonus effect added to them all (if you are the class of the sigil used). This would be a great way to make them relevant & give a little extra oomph back to the underperforming sigils.

Cleric - 5% incoming & outgoing heal bonus when equipped by a Cleric.
    Paladin - 5% extra divinity gained when equipped by a Paladin.
    Barbarian - 5% encounter recharge rate bonus when equipped by a Barbarian.
    Fighter - 3% at will damage bonus and physical damage reduction when equpped by a fighter.
    Wizard - Master skill recharges 10% faster when equpped by a Wizard.
    Ranger - 10% damage bonus for 3 seconds after entering combat, when equipped by a ranger.
    Rogue - 5% damage bonus from stealth, when equipped by a Rogue.
    Warlock - 10% chance to heal neaby allies for 10% of damage dealt. 10% chance to damage nearby enemies for 10% health healed.
    edited August 2019

I like how it is now... but it would be nice to see a class bonus effect added to them all (if you are the class of the sigil used). This would be a great way to make them relevant & give a little extra oomph back to the underperforming sigils.

Cleric - 5% incoming & outgoing heal bonus when equipped by a Cleric.
    Paladin - 5% extra divinity gained when equipped by a Paladin.
    Barbarian - 5% encounter recharge rate bonus when equipped by a Barbarian.
    Fighter - 3% at will damage bonus and physical damage reduction when equpped by a fighter.
    Wizard - Master skill recharges 10% faster when equpped by a Wizard.
    Ranger - 10% damage bonus for 3 seconds after entering combat, when equipped by a ranger.
    Rogue - 5% damage bonus from stealth, when equipped by a Rogue.
    Warlock - 10% chance to heal neaby allies for 10% of damage dealt. 10% chance to damage nearby enemies for 10% health healed.
    The thing about your "like it is now" is the way it was in Mod16 before the player and opponent stats were changed - and the way it was Mod 15 with the Heart of Fire changes, in Mod14 with the Ravenloft changes, Mod 13 with the Chult changes... and on the list goes. I don't believe there have been any significant change to the player class sigils since they were introduced and we've gone through how many Mods and player stat, gear/companion/mount stat changes, along with a few opponent changes to since?

As has been said the player class sigil should be one of the pinnacle artifacts for each player class and I believe that also.

Every time a new Mod is introduced there should be alittle something added to the to the player class sigil to keep it relevant, even if a player has to refine it to the next highest level - it is after all supposed to be an artifact isn't it?
    DD~