test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat Advantage and ranged DPS

sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
I would have assumed this would have been looked into Mod17 considering the new 1000+ iLVL gear with abundance of CA.

I know this has been going on for years and it seems now that it's intentional. However, if it is, are ranged classes compensated for it and why doesn't cryptic clearly state its effects?

Anyone who is confused regarding the above, then please briefly watch the below video. In summary, Combat Advantage has a small (more or less melee radius) within which it procs. Outside that radius, ranged class are unable to benefit from CA, hence all that CA that you have build is useless. So you either stay melee and do CA damage or use the benefit of range as a ranged class but get no additional CA damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iWKRHs37zI

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    This had been brought up and discussed in the bugs section and caught the attention of the Devs. On preview, the range has been increase from 20ft to 85 ft.
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

This had been brought up and discussed in the bugs section and caught the attention of the Devs. On preview, the range has been increase from 20ft to 85 ft.

So this 85ft change is going to go live with mod 17 or is the change already implemented?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    It goes live with Mod 17.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    sobi#1980 said:

I would have assumed this would have been looked into Mod17 considering the new 1000+ iLVL gear with abundance of CA.

I know this has been going on for years and it seems now that it's intentional. However, if it is, are ranged classes compensated for it and why doesn't cryptic clearly state its effects?

Anyone who is confused regarding the above, then please briefly watch the below video. In summary, Combat Advantage has a small (more or less melee radius) within which it procs. Outside that radius, ranged class are unable to benefit from CA, hence all that CA that you have build is useless. So you either stay melee and do CA damage or use the benefit of range as a ranged class but get no additional CA damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iWKRHs37zI

There's a very, very, very long discussion thread on this, as arazith07 pointed out, but remember that standing way back from everyone is almost always a bad idea, and this modification to CA will not change that fact.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH