test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BtC insignia drops should be BtA.

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
This can't go on, inventory full of garbage insignia, and I need to move 4387489 other unbound insignia to upgrade one?!
This is epicly bad. Either I need to discard all the insignia drops, or save them for upgrades. So either they are worthless junk, or they take more work than their worth and fill the inventory.
Run more than one char, and that's it, it's insignia hell.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I move all the unbound insignia to one character who then does whatever upgrades I need. The BtC ones take up considerably less space on the characters.

Personally, I'd be more than happy for insignias not being bound at all, ever.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    maturutukimaturutuki Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    For me best idea should be to make BtC -> BtA then make shared account place for Insignia in a bank and as it is similar thing to do also for professions materials to remove need to rolling characters with multi characters crafting.

Any character can use things in additional shared bank to craft or refine and if a player want to save items for one character only , he needs to move them to character inventory. Also there should be an option (on/off) to automatic send crafted items to shared bank and information about amount of items used from inventory and from a bank in both cases.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The insignia upgrade system is one of the worst ideas they've put forth. It's similar to the old refining method that required stacks upon stacks of enchants but at least that system was a pyramid scheme basically so you could consolidate by making 2 stacks of 7s into 1 stack of 8s etc.

I've got runic bags filled with BtC insignias on multiple toons. It's insanity.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Hell I don't think there should even be a Bound to Character category and that goes for everything not just insignia. Items should either be Bound to Account or not bound at all... I get it - everything in the game belongs to Cryptic and we get to give them money (or time and effort) just so they can tell us what we can and cannot do with the items we purchase, but really, in the grand scheme of things is eliminating the Bound to Character restriction going to ruin the game - or make it more appealing to a greater number of potential players?
    DD~
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    BtC is needed to be able to give certain rewards for characters that worked to earn them. Otherwise people will play only with their mains to get everything on their alts. That said, insignias are common rewards like enchantments and stones and should be unbound or maybe BtA in some cases. But that requires a change which I doubt will be made unless some devs happen to be working on related code.

I don't bother managing BtC insignia. If I cannot use them on a toon, I refine them. They are not worth much anyways. If they are high-value, then they should be used on the toon.