test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M17: Stardock Recon Quests and Expeditions

2»

Comments

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    vorphied said:

Include options to make it more difficult AND improve the rewards, but no-thank-you to party requirement. Choosing to party is fine, as is having difficulty levels that are impractical to complete without a party, but basic completion should remain party-optional.

You got a valid point for those who like to give it a shot by soloing on more difficult content and get better rewards for it just by soloing.

Currently I regurally soloing ME 3 rune runs (mod16) as being a tank for the sole reason for testing my setup, and fighting skills to keep myself sharp for runs in groups... Without activating the Watcher of course..
    It takes me a while due my restricted DPS output, but its doable..

Anyhow, you have a good point for Dev's to think about. :)
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    <font color=red> The new recon quests are still completed when the supplies are gathered or the 3 champions are killed, I had 14/50 Illithids killed and 23/30 Gith when my recon quests where marked as completed. </font>
  • galuvwen#3107 galuvwen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ethereal Shade for Watcher weapons spawned in 0 rune Warden Expedition (Illithid)

Two weapons dropped on the ground for pick up instead of going directly to my inventory

Simple question.. are the warden expeditions resetted to starting point ?
    edited August 2019
    As it seems, the developers have done an overhaul of the initial Warden expedition quest series, which is ok.

Regular mobs.
    I have stated this earlier that (in comparison to the current expedition on life) the regular mobs are way too weak IMHO, this has to do with the improved setups from players which comes off from Master expeditions and LoMM.
    At this moment I just collect all and one shotting them with Burning Light.
    They could use an increase in HP and Damage of like 10% (not 10.000%).

While the regular bosses are looking good and don't need adjustments at this point.

Special bosses (guess there are 4 of them in this initial quest).
    Neothelid.
    Looking good at this point, but could use an increasing amount of adds (two) at each wave to make it more interesting.

The Dragon Knight.
    Just perfect but the portal after finishing this one doesn't pop up, it stays invisible (not sure if this is intended).

Overall opinion.
    I found no abnormal things thus far like misplaced mobs, or acting passive and so on, and so on...
    Except in one arena room where the floor appears completely white, not sure if this is intended (like a ground mist), in case of a ground mist then developers could produce a better solution for this as it is now.

Update.
    Juli 23, 2:10AM
    The quest where you need 3 Champions and 50 kill's isn't correct, quest is updating as done as soon you have killed 3 champions regardless if you kill 50 adds or not.

Update.
    August 7, 2:13AM
    Willowood under Siege (Warden intro questline)
    Champion stuck at loc. 803 21 6427 (The Area where the Dragon quest NPC is in Live expedition questline).
    Post edited by finmakin on
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    vorphied said:

hustin1 said:

I just started the expedition that Kavatos sends you on with my 23k warlock. You're really going to have to tone down these encounters or be prepared for some ungodly howling when everyone else tries to enter them solo. Remember when we warned you about how Mod 16 would be received? Tell the killer DM on your staff to put the keyboard down and step away from the PC. No joke, guys. Intellect Devourers are hitting way too hard and everything has WAY too much control resistance. You've already gimped the hell out of us with these sadistic cooldowns and now you're hitting us with 6-to-1, 7-to-1, even 8-to-1 fights.

I take that back -- don't ask your killer DM to step away from the PC. FIRE THE SOB. FIRE HIM TODAY.

I'm having to burn up scrolls of life like there's no tomorrow. This is unacceptable.

I don't know who the hell you think you're gearing these encounters for, but it SURE AS HELL isn't the average player. I've got 156k power and 80k armor penetration and I can barely scratch these enemies.

On an other note, it's not clear how to start the campaign -- more like clear as mud. I eventually found it with Kavatos purely by the process of elimination. Recommend just having Knox be the go-to guy for campaigns.

When I neared the other end of the bridge, this is what you just sent charging down the bridge all at once. Take special note of the extra three critters who just stealthed. You expect the average solo player to handle this? I don't think even I can handle that. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

screenshot-2019-07-14-08-32-06

And here they all are, in case you choose not to believe me. No one can handle this. I just buffed up to 170k power (and I have 80k defense). I barely survived after using three health stone charges. When the Foundry was still a thing, one golden rule was DO NOT STACK ENCOUNTERS. Just because YOU can handle it doesn't mean the average player can. You need to learn this.

And, if you think the above 9-to-1 fight is acceptable, then I submit that you've learned nothing from the Mod 16 disaster.

screenshot-2019-07-14-08-32-04

1. Relax.

2. The power tray you're using in that screenshot is terrible for AoE; of course you are going to struggle when fighting a large number of mobs. KF and HG do not belong in an AoE loadout, and you're not using an effective AoE Daily. TC doesn't count as one, especially not now, and BoH isn't terrible, but Accursed Souls is far better for groups.

3. Like arazith07 said, if damage really is too high because of a mistake, they will fix it. I didn't get the bridge map in my Warden Expedition, but I noticed in the cavern-type maps that the mobs were a bit tougher than usual but not outrageous. Definitely not like some of the reports here with people being one-shot by normal mobs. I do think that no-rune difficulty was higher than one-rune difficulty in MEs on live, though.

Damage taken by an enemy will be based on your defense, so whenever a player states an enemy hits to hard we first need to know their defense stats.

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

vorphied said:

hustin1 said:

I just started the expedition that Kavatos sends you on with my 23k warlock. You're really going to have to tone down these encounters or be prepared for some ungodly howling when everyone else tries to enter them solo. Remember when we warned you about how Mod 16 would be received? Tell the killer DM on your staff to put the keyboard down and step away from the PC. No joke, guys. Intellect Devourers are hitting way too hard and everything has WAY too much control resistance. You've already gimped the hell out of us with these sadistic cooldowns and now you're hitting us with 6-to-1, 7-to-1, even 8-to-1 fights.

I take that back -- don't ask your killer DM to step away from the PC. FIRE THE SOB. FIRE HIM TODAY.

I'm having to burn up scrolls of life like there's no tomorrow. This is unacceptable.

I don't know who the hell you think you're gearing these encounters for, but it SURE AS HELL isn't the average player. I've got 156k power and 80k armor penetration and I can barely scratch these enemies.

On an other note, it's not clear how to start the campaign -- more like clear as mud. I eventually found it with Kavatos purely by the process of elimination. Recommend just having Knox be the go-to guy for campaigns.

When I neared the other end of the bridge, this is what you just sent charging down the bridge all at once. Take special note of the extra three critters who just stealthed. You expect the average solo player to handle this? I don't think even I can handle that. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

And here they all are, in case you choose not to believe me. No one can handle this. I just buffed up to 170k power (and I have 80k defense). I barely survived after using three health stone charges. When the Foundry was still a thing, one golden rule was DO NOT STACK ENCOUNTERS. Just because YOU can handle it doesn't mean the average player can. You need to learn this.

And, if you think the above 9-to-1 fight is acceptable, then I submit that you've learned nothing from the Mod 16 disaster.

1. Relax.

2. The power tray you're using in that screenshot is terrible for AoE; of course you are going to struggle when fighting a large number of mobs. KF and HG do not belong in an AoE loadout, and you're not using an effective AoE Daily. TC doesn't count as one, especially not now, and BoH isn't terrible, but Accursed Souls is far better for groups.

3. Like arazith07 said, if damage really is too high because of a mistake, they will fix it. I didn't get the bridge map in my Warden Expedition, but I noticed in the cavern-type maps that the mobs were a bit tougher than usual but not outrageous. Definitely not like some of the reports here with people being one-shot by normal mobs. I do think that no-rune difficulty was higher than one-rune difficulty in MEs on live, though.

Damage taken by an enemy will be based on your defense, so whenever a player states an enemy hits to hard we first need to know their defense stats.

You can infer in this case. hustin has mentioned several times in past posts that their character(s) had high defense, so I doubt this particular character is somehow running around with 30k def.

So much defense is granted automatically by gear that it's virtually impossible to have a drastically low defense stat unless severely undergeared.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    vorphied said:

vorphied said:

hustin1 said:

1. Relax.

You can infer in this case. hustin has mentioned several times in past posts that their character(s) had high defense, so I doubt this particular character is somehow running around with 30k def.

So much defense is granted automatically by gear that it's virtually impossible to have a drastically low defense stat unless severely undergeared.
    Now everything is fixed, but at the time I was running around with 74k defense and still got too much damage.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    There is a small issue with the new shirts being added, and as there is no official thread for general Mod 17 rewards, this will go here.

Looking in the "Rings of Undermountain" section (Seriously, should it not be "Other gear of Undermountain" or something like that?), I see shirts like this:

My issue is with the fact that all the shirts have the same bonus - a chance for a 1-second cooldown reduction.

Now, that's a decent bonus for classes/paragons that are bottlenecked by cooldowns, but what about the rest? Specificaly, this bonus is not at all suitable for DPS clerics, as their bottleneks is "pip-building", not encounter cooldowns, and a 1-second encounter cooldown is of zero interest.

I would like to ask for a bit more variety - when you make a number of similar items, make sure that at least one item is suitable for everyone, otherwise Arbiters are left with having to use lower IL gear, like

I'm not saying that everyone has to receive top-notch gear put offering only some classes a gear upgrade is just wrong.

Hoping for improvements...
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    I haven't found a place to put these, so I dump them here:
    -Put a potion vendor NPC into the Stardock, so we dump things for gold effectively into it and can buy potions and injury kits. While at it, maybe a bank and seal vendor so it does not feel unhabitated.
    -Make the outer space, open space to let us use mount or make it smaller.
    -The slotless companion items in the shop are pointless. Make it at least have 1 slot, so we can have option to put empowered runestone in it. Or just pump up the item level, so it works better on alts and would not need slots until they reach a level where you need to focus on power.
  • mestrahdmestrahd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    This may be a really dumb question, but I got to Stardock today after giving up on the boosted damage mobs a few days ago. I did the Illithid investigation quest in Twisted Caverns, and the Githyanki quest in Terminus. I must have spent an hour looking for the next step. Nothing eligible in the Conflict table, Yawning Portal, Stardock, or Queue screen. Did I miss something obvious? Where do I pick up these Warden Expeditions?
    @mestrahd wait until the next day for quests to reset. 2 intelligence reports get you into a warden expedition which gives you a stardock rod piece, 3 of those will get you a Fragment expedition, and 4 of those completes the Zerthimon quest to unlock the Trial. The end bosses of these expeditions drop companion gear and sometimes shirt and pants as well.
  • mestrahdmestrahd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    @arazith07 Ok. I see how waiting a day reset the intelligence report missions, but I'm still not seeing where/how to launch a warden expedition. I have the 2 Intel reports from yesterday so that should be enough for 1 right? I'm just saying that given how much information, breadcrumbing, and waypoints the game gives us for everything else, this is just obtuse.
    mestrahd said:

@arazith07 Ok. I see how waiting a day reset the intelligence report missions, but I'm still not seeing where/how to launch a warden expedition. I have the 2 Intel reports from yesterday so that should be enough for 1 right? I'm just saying that given how much information, breadcrumbing, and waypoints the game gives us for everything else, this is just obtuse.

You need two Gith Intelligence Report to open the Gith Warden Expedition, and the same for the Mind Flayers.
  • weeatricetonightweeatricetonight Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    What do you do with the [Fragment of Zerthimon] or the other one, AFTER you've done the quest to get the [Yrlakka's Family Jewelry Box]. I now have 2 of each in my inventory tab. I thought maybe a vender might open up for them?? Can we cash them in for another [Yrlakka's Family Jewelry Box]???

If we keep doing the WE/FE quests, and end up 100 or each, then what???
  • myklas#0635 myklas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    problem i keep doing the intel and the warden quest where is the place for the rod combine so i can get fragment quests i keep only being able to grind the intel and warden only... ?

btw i am a ranger and i solo these key is stick and move on some of the major mobs and stockpile stones of health ..