test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hi hi, been away for quite some time....

smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User
Hi hi *curtsies*

I took time away from game, since mod16, especially in regards to my Paladin and Guardian Fighter (both were getting pwn'ed by regular mobs....like the crabs at the beginning of the Acquisitions Incorporated quest where you save Neverember's son........getting killed by CRABS!!!!), left a nasty flavor in my mouth....to say the least.

I have no idea how things are now......

...has things gotten better or worse since Mod16 started? o.o

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    When Mod 16 was first released, it had issues - major issues. Quite frankly, it was not ready for release. Patches since then have improved things a lot.
    • Downscaling is now handled in a much more reasonable manner, and not really an issue to complain about.
    • All classes are playable - sure, there are issues, Wizards are a bit overpowered and every class has something to complain about - bugged powers, inefficient paragons or other issues, but the current situation is really no worse than it has been for years.
    • Level 80 content (LoMM and MEs are relatively bug-free. The problem is, however that the content is a bit limited and LoMM, the highest end dungeon does not really give anything that can be considered "BiS", which is a bit demotivating, and a big contributing factor to the decline in player numbers.
    • Some of the older content like CR has new bugs, which generally make people want to avoid that content.
    My advice.... get to 80, do LoMM a few times (at least to get the seals to buy the Protegé head gear) and then just do your 3 MEs per day. Mod 17 (which is coming soon) will bring some improvements and a few more things to do.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    do LoMM a few times (at least to get the seals to buy the Protegé head gear) and then just do your 3 MEs per day. Mod 17 (which is coming soon) will bring some improvements and a few more things to do.

Been awhile forgot what LoMM, and ME are. ^_^;;

When 16 started, I was even considering deleting my Paladin and Guardian, since it was so bad. My Paladin build really worked around the temporary HP's...and now they seemed to be gone.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    As for Paladins and Fighters, well, they are still perfectly playable - you just have to forget everything you had learned before about how to play them and start all over.

MEs are the Master expeditions, which give decent IL 950 gear), as well as some lower-IL items like ebonized rings and shirts, which are usually better than the higher-IL gear. It also drops the Alabaster weapon set.

Maybe I should have said, "Run 3x MEs per day until you are ready to tackle LoMM, and then just do nothing but the MEs". LoMM (Lair of the Mad Mage) is the new dungeon in M16 - really nice, relatively bug free and enjoyable, except you get no worthwhile loot from doing it.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Just consider it is a new game. You need to learn everything again. I used to play 6 classes. I have just learned to play my 4th.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    I might have to simply DELETE my paladin and guardian, then. Since having their powers that made 'em what they were, it's like NEW COKE.

Pity, my paladin is the one I started with in 2015. Gonna sell all the gear i cant transfer and put the gold in the bank. Sad, sad.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited July 2019

I might have to simply DELETE my paladin and guardian, then. Since having their powers that made 'em what they were, it's like NEW COKE.

Pity, my paladin is the one I started with in 2015. Gonna sell all the gear i cant transfer and put the gold in the bank. Sad, sad.

Well, what if they change them again in mod 17? I would not delete any character. A character slot in full cost and no discount is only $2.50.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User

Suggestion,
    Do not delete your Paladin, the changes are not so big as it appear to be... all you have to do is chance your playstyle a littlebit.
    Send me ingame mail to @finmakin and im more than willing to help getting you on the rails again.
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    finmakin said:

Suggestion,
    Do not delete your Paladin, the changes are not so big as it appear to be... all you have to do is chance your playstyle a littlebit.
    Send me ingame mail to @finmakin and im more than willing to help getting you on the rails again.
    okie dokie