test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uprising Preview Patch Notes: NW.115.20190715e.1

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

The people shouting doom and gloom about the healing changes they haven't even tried amuse me. Get on preview, try running stuff, draw a real conclusion.

That's fair, Sharp. Now once I'm done testing the changes and if my conclusion doesn't mirror yours (and others that support these changes)...what then?

*For the record - The healing changes aren't the only reason I'm considering leaving. They are just the latest ones.*
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    > @jase2cool said:
    > Then tell your teammates to get out of the red. Learn the mechanics instead of relying on healer to save their asses.
    >
    > Fantastic response but fantasy achieve...even you have a static team try telling to get good don't stand on RED or better yet use Tactical enchantment so i can heal you better... chances are they will ignore you or will no longer part of that static team . Try doing that in pugs next thing you see a vote kick will be coming your way.
    >
    > Lets be realistic you cant control how people play,
    > not to even to say stand on RED even DPS rushing in-front everyone else for DPS-Master-Race will they listen?
    >
    > Neverwinter has been a casual game for longest time,
    > people who are most of them enjoy playing it that way, every time changes are made we lose player, making the game harder for like minority of players to set a goal for others its fine but please do it in the way that will not effect other players and dungeon. I do believe Developer has the statistic for what kind of audience most of the players are please look at the numbers instead of listening to minority few "Forum Heroes"

Even if that can be true, I disagree on keep playing as if that wasn’t right and not correct players. Healers are not there to save your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 24/7, since you are not the only character he’s focusing on. Every one should know how to play their classes, avoid red areas, hold up their shield, use a potion every now and then if you want to help the healer, use maybe a healing mount bonus if you feel you’re too squishy, etc. In the end, trying to be a little independent not relying exclusive on the healer all the time to keep you alive and at full health.

That’s what I try to do even when I pug RAQ/REQ. Last time I played REQ for example, our tank was there hitting the boss and running around without using his shield once!! Not a single time. Of course he was keeping aggro on the boss, but his health bar kept going down and I had to heal him all the time, and I ended up with no divinity for the rest of the team when they needed. I ended up saying if he didn’t hold up his shield, I won’t be healing him. Result: everyone agreed, tank left, we got a more competent one.

So as other has stated, if people know what to do, playing correctly under battle mechanics, and not just rushing ahead hitting every mob recklessly, healing as a DC is fairly easy, I believe
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

The people shouting doom and gloom about the healing changes they haven't even tried amuse me. Get on preview, try running stuff, draw a real conclusion.

That's fair, Sharp. Now once I'm done testing the changes and if my conclusion doesn't mirror yours (and others that support these changes)...what then?

*For the record - The healing changes aren't the only reason I'm considering leaving. They are just the latest ones.*
    well, if you tried it, and came to a different conclusion, then state that here on the forums and draw the consequences that u see fit. But to pretend that this will kill all the healers in the game and whatnot (not accusing u, just in general) without even giving it a try, is kinda dumb. So idk what point u are trying to make?
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Watched a video from new trial by Viral the other day. From 20th of july apparently. Armoured griffon's combat power on call (enemies deal 30% less dmg for 30 sec), at least 5 t-rexs on call (not really relevant for incoming dmg but stiff funny to see) and apparently everyone was using tactical rank 15s in utility slot for 60% incoming healing. I guess ppl using all this stuff just for lols because apparently healing is too easy 0_o Not trying to blame anyone as i havent been to ToMM myself yet to draw any real concussions but it hope ppl who advocate for op/cleric nerfs do remember than things aint free on live server & not every party will be able to get all this shinnies.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Not everyone should be able to do ToMM, there is a reason it won't be in random queue. If you don't have appropriate gear, you shouldn't be trying and instead farm stuff that you can complete to get that AD. As far as healing other content, it's really easy without the tacticles as it is.
    Appropriate gear sure but incoming healing enchants? Common... if you truly need those 60% than healing is under powered AF.
    What do you suggest for utility slots then? Darks barely add any sort of additional stats. You will be very lucky of you can get a 1% damage increase from 5 rank 15 darks. With Tacticles you at least are increasing your survival chances and avoiding that res sickness debuff.
    Sure of all the available options tactical gems indeed seem to be the best option. "What to slot in those utility slots" wasnt the point i was trying to make though. Again the point is if you truly need such a huge incoming healing bonus to be present on you target to heal properly than maybe healing powers are underperforming just a little? Same goes for griffons, banners etc - if you need a ton of dmg reduction on a side than maybe tanks need a buff to protect the party properly without gimmicks? Good old kigiht's valor, shield of faith, astral shield & divine protector instead of HAMSTER we were given. Asking for a healer's target to stack incoming healing bonuses while said healer is already using outgoing healing pets is like making dmg resistance debuffs on enemies vital for dps to deal full dmg.
    We all we whether adjust or leave. Changes to paladins & clerics will happen. not like the feedback can change anything. Again not the point. Just saying how absurd it is to say that healing needed to be nerfed because it was too easy to heal & ask ppl to use incoming healing bonuses at the same time postnerf.
    tom#6998 said:

well, if you tried it, and came to a different conclusion, then state that here on the forums and draw the consequences that u see fit. But to pretend that this will kill all the healers in the game and whatnot (not accusing u, just in general) without even giving it a try, is kinda dumb. So idk what point u are trying to make?
    Tom. I suspect that (despite my reservations), Sharp and other supporters are probably right and the nerfs may be manageable for the rest of us. You're also right that I should test and see for myself if I come to the same conclusion or differing conclusion, state it, and and get ready to take the licks and get all manner of criticism. That's fair and reasonable.

However, the more I think on these patch notes, and what really bothers me about them, has less due to the scale of the adjustments and more to the fact that they should have been done before (or close to when) mod 16 went live rather than now. And while I doubt it will kill the healers in the game (something I never said btw) I do agree with other posters that it might serve as the final straw that may drive some folks off. Like I mentioned in the 'fine print' in my post, It's just one of the reasons I'm probably punch out but it's not the only one.
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    krymkac said:

We all we whether adjust or leave. Changes to paladins & clerics will happen. not like the feedback can change anything. Again not the point. Just saying how absurd it is to say that healing needed to be nerfed because it was too easy to heal & ask ppl to use incoming healing bonuses at the same time postnerf.

It is not absurd, it is a response to everyone complaining about the nerfs to healing. It's for those who have issues with healing in the first place. Aside from changing player behavior in not standing in the red, or grouping up for easier/effective healing and divinity use, it's a suggestion people are offering to counter balance the nerfs.

If one healer can easily heal the most difficult 10 man trial without needing any backup, healing is overpowered and needed to be cut back. But even then, the nerfs aren't that bad. And as far as other dungeons and players who are in top form, doesn't change the class's potential of being overpowered. Take Clerics during the height of the double DC meta with their overpowered buffs. At high end, they were the backbone of most groups, and could have a dps do a million damage with a single at-will. But on the low end, there are many who just stuck to healing spells or just don't have the experience to know what to use and when. Were they (clerics in general) overpowered or not overpowered? They were overpowered, to the point they got nerfed several times in an attempt to curb that, until eventually they had to completely redo the system. If cleric and paladins don't get nerfed this time, then once the knowledge on how to be that effective spreads to the average player base, we get into a situation where bigger nerfs all at once are needed, instead of incremental nerfs, which will drive even more players out than if we get small nerfs here and there allowing time for new players to replace those that leave.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

tom#6998 said:

Tom. I suspect that (despite my reservations), Sharp and other supporters are probably right and the nerfs may be manageable for the rest of us. You're also right that I should test and see for myself if I come to the same conclusion or differing conclusion, state it, and and get ready to take the licks and get all manner of criticism. That's fair and reasonable.

However, the more I think on these patch notes, and what really bothers me about them, has less due to the scale of the adjustments and more to the fact that they should have been done before (or close to when) mod 16 went live rather than now. And while I doubt it will kill the healers in the game (something I never said btw) I do agree with other posters that it might serve as the final straw that may drive some folks off. Like I mentioned in the 'fine print' in my post, It's just one of the reasons I'm probably punch out but it's not the only one.
    For some of us, these changes are more like a breath of fresh air. "Finally," the stuff that should be happening is happening.
  • fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    > @gripnir78 said:

> That is a bit odd here, becouse devs in the past were able to release a trials with 2 difficulty levels.(Svardborg and Demogorgon) - why not trying that now? Its beyond me...

This is a great win win idea. Adding more content/different rewards for the new mod and allowing a different level of players access to the new trial.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Combat Advantage distance has been increased to 85 feet.

This is a change I really like. Now that it is no longer semi-mandatory to stand close to the buffers this actually makes certain playstyles more feasible - a purely ranged Cleric or Ranger, for example. Sure, those playstyles may not be the most efficient ones, and they may also be problematic if people stray too far from the healer(s), but at least the option is there.

Also, now the successor boot bonus actually makes sense. It was just silly to have a CA bonus that only applied if you were beyond CA range.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

vorphied said:

Also Range currently re forced to play tight to the boss due to combat advantage oversight (the group is healed in one cast) - that changes in the same patch so you are more likely to have to throw out additional heals to compensate for their play style.

Nope. When I play a character with ranged attacks, I stay within reasonable range of the boss for Shadowstalker equip bonus, ease of being healed, sharing the effect of party members' buffing artifacts and set bonuses, etc.

Not that this hasn't been beaten to death in other recent threads, but if players consistently hang out in the way back for no reason, they're responsible for themselves. If they want to play well and coordinate better with party positioning, they'll naturally get more healing.
    Yeah, playing range is a tricky thing. A lot of people think its healer responsibility to keep their hp up no matter where their position or how they play. That's why most people just wait for the healer to heal them when they are hanging way back from the group. When they die they blame the healer for not healing. In my opnion, Its just wrong to think that healer are the one that should be revolving around u as a dps. Its actually quite the opposite. Why? Because if your gameplay as a dps cause the healer to burn extra divinity, its your fault if the party wipe due to healer ran out of divinity. Especially with the coming mod where healer divinity cost is increased.

When u are staying that far back, u are responsible for your own HP. If u are not capable of self sustain your own health, then don't stray that far behind. When I play my archer, ironically, I usually hang pretty far back from the group. Although I don't ask for heals from healer. I usually keep myself from harms way. If I want heals, I'll just go near the tank because I know that's where the all the heal are usually spam. I never kite mob around either. That's one way to kill your group. If I got the aggro, I bring the mob near the tank so he could take it back.
    Brilliant, couldn't have been put better. Basically, there's no one way written script to how to play to game, play as u like, but knowing what u are doing and when to do it.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    So what I think some players are saying on this thread is now with the reduction to healing there are less choices when building a character. So now instead of using Darks (Yes I know it like 1% or less), the Holy Trinity (Quartermaster, Dragon Hoard, and Fey Blessing for RP. Yes I know RP rains from the sky now and that its mainly used by newer players), or any other type of enchantment for their bonus, you have to use Tactical. And same for pets, mounts and gear regardless of the role you are playing since you need passive healing, incoming healing and/or outgoing healing.

But not just less choice, they need items to make their heal build work as well (and not just a heal build but all builds for all classes). These pets, mounts, gear pieces and etc are expensive. You need AD to buy them or get really lucky from a end chest. But then here is the thing. If they cannot complete the dungeon (for any number of reasons) then they don't get AD and they don't get a chance on loot from the chest. So its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place!! (Insert Homer gif from the Simpsons movie)

That being said, (and yes I know I'm an end game player) Healing (especially) on a paladin is to powerful with a shield that can double someone HP sometimes more. I can't speak for DCs since I'm still playing around with mine but paladin did need this reduction. But I still feel for all of the other mid game players and lower on how this might look scary but its not a HUGE nerf. This is only a small adjustment right now. And who knows, maybe they will increase it somewhat before it goes live or after a few weeks.

There will be a new learning curve. Not just for healers but for all. Everyone is going to need to make some adjustments for every change that happens in the game. We first need to try something out before we can pass judgement on it. (AND for more than a few days, and after making adjustments)

I understand this is scary but don't forget we are in this together and we will adapt and overcome just like we did in MOD 6. (and with every other MOD and issue)

I wish you all the best,

OPTank_

tom#6998 said:

For some of us, these changes are more like a breath of fresh air. "Finally," the stuff that should be happening is happening.
    And I can understand that sentiment Sharp. I don't agree with the outcome but I understand that sentiment.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    jimmypdt said:

So what I think some players are saying on this thread is now with the reduction to healing there are less choices when building a character. So now instead of using Darks (Yes I know it like 1% or less), the Holy Trinity (Quartermaster, Dragon Hoard, and Fey Blessing for RP. Yes I know RP rains from the sky now and that its mainly used by newer players), or any other type of enchantment for their bonus, you have to use Tactical. And same for pets, mounts and gear regardless of the role you are playing since you need passive healing, incoming healing and/or outgoing healing.

But not just less choice, they need items to make their heal build work as well (and not just a heal build but all builds for all classes). These pets, mounts, gear pieces and etc are expensive. You need AD to buy them or get really lucky from a end chest. But then here is the thing. If they cannot complete the dungeon (for any number of reasons) then they don't get AD and they don't get a chance on loot from the chest. So its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place!! (Insert Homer gif from the Simpsons movie)

That being said, (and yes I know I'm an end game player) Healing (especially) on a paladin is to powerful with a shield that can double someone HP sometimes more. I can't speak for DCs since I'm still playing around with mine but paladin did need this reduction. But I still feel for all of the other mid game players and lower on how this might look scary but its not a HUGE nerf. This is only a small adjustment right now. And who knows, maybe they will increase it somewhat before it goes live or after a few weeks.

There will be a new learning curve. Not just for healers but for all. Everyone is going to need to make some adjustments for every change that happens in the game. We first need to try something out before we can pass judgement on it. (AND for more than a few days, and after making adjustments)

I understand this is scary but don't forget we are in this together and we will adapt and overcome just like we did in MOD 6. (and with every other MOD and issue)

I wish you all the best,

OPTank_

OPTank. Much of what your saying makes a lot of sense but, as main pally and cleric healer, I will tentatively say "lets just agree to disagree" on whether the heals were need. I say tentative as I still need to test. Where you may (and other BiS/near BiS) healers may find easy and acceptable after the nerfs, I might find objectionable. I'm not BiS (nor am I as skilled as you guys) and it will take me a while still to get there.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User

These healing nerfs are going to be absolutely crushing, I'm barely hanging in as it is with my devout cleric 100% dedicated to healing and not doing any damage running nothing but heal related encounters, and now THIS?! DO NOT do this, it's a huge mistake, and may very well kill my enthusiasm to continue playing anymore, cleric has been my last refuge to make playing queues tolerable, as I rarely ever saw a healer, so I decided to become one myself, it was the only way to end my suffering and have a semi enjoyable time, but this may just end it all, I'm serious!

I agree, this will especially make 2nd LOMM boss very hard. I know the L33T players will never get the bore worm above 1 gigawatt, but in the teams that I run with it's common that the bore worm gets to 9 gigawatts or higher, and in that case it's gonna be real hard to heal everyone with the nerfs.

The healing nerf was necessary. Good healers were overhealing by a lot and it made it so that even a single healer was enough for the new trial, you didn't even need 2 of them.

So then instead of nerfing every healer, why not make TOMM harder?
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

These healing nerfs are going to be absolutely crushing, I'm barely hanging in as it is with my devout cleric 100% dedicated to healing and not doing any damage running nothing but heal related encounters, and now THIS?! DO NOT do this, it's a huge mistake, and may very well kill my enthusiasm to continue playing anymore, cleric has been my last refuge to make playing queues tolerable, as I rarely ever saw a healer, so I decided to become one myself, it was the only way to end my suffering and have a semi enjoyable time, but this may just end it all, I'm serious!

I agree, this will especially make 2nd LOMM boss very hard. I know the L33T players will never get the bore worm above 1 gigawatt, but in the teams that I run with it's common that the bore worm gets to 9 gigawatts or higher, and in that case it's gonna be real hard to heal everyone with the nerfs.
    If they're letting that many boulders in, something is seriously wrong. You don't have be "L33T" to execute that mechanic with reasonable consistency.

It's not a healing problem nearly as much as it is an overall competency problem. We aren't really supposed to be able to heal our parties through that much self-inflicted punishment.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

The devs, and you, have made it clear that I am not wanted in TOMM. So what exactly am I supposed to test on preview? I already know that LOMM, and CR for that matter, can be a struggle for healers *right now* for *average* teams. Why nerf everyone just because healers are having an easy time in the top 5%er dungeon? Make TOMM harder, so that CURRENT healers are more needed there and have to be more on the ball.
This discussion has been closed.