test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

July 23rd patch notes?

vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User
My playstation is downloading an update for Neverwinter version 6.61 and I can't find patch notes, does anyone know what was changed? The playstation update info for neverwinter says check forums for details

Comments

• sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    well far as ive seen aint no patch notes posted yet so dunno whts been changed (if anything) but safe bet to look at last patch pc got bc our patch is prob same as that one.... could be wrng but safe bet
  • xr4shxxr4shx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The playstation update info for NVNO says " Ver. 6.61 - Various bug fixes. Please check the forums for details."

So theres nothing new nor interesting in this patch imo.

btw. it's funny when they send us to forum but theres no forum when ur on ps4, just funmade groups..
    even in game, when entering via "options->game help" links to official manual - black site with basic (and i mean here "REALLY BASIC" game info(?).

Best one - check "tips" on this site xD it is little outdated coz u can read about working FOUNDRY QUESTS :s

ps4 is worst platform to play this game.. :'( we can't even adjust UI like normal players, we can scale it to center of screen.. so pathetic :#

let us at least plug in mouse and keyboard and play like it should be played :f
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There is a delay in getting the patch notes up. They will be up shortly. Please be patient. I do not currently have an ETA.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • vigilante#2764 vigilante Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    @kreatyve shouldn't they know what they are patching before they patch it? This stuff is planned beforehand so there isn't a legitimate reason for it to not be posted before people are downloading data onto their respective devices.
  • egosadist#2778 egosadist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well I can tell you it's not a fix for your game bluescreening while accessing the guild stronghold menu... :(
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    the patch is the same patch pc jus got last patch since i member smethin abt the choke chain of the comp being avail in um cmpn store after last pc patch an now its avail for us in the um store now too so it was same patch they jus got recently
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@kreatyve shouldn't they know what they are patching before they patch it? This stuff is planned beforehand so there isn't a legitimate reason for it to not be posted before people are downloading data onto their respective devices.

Different people have different responsibilities. If the person responsible for posting the patch notes does not have those patch notes readily available in a form that has been approved for the players to read, that can cause delays.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    @kreatyve That is a politicians excuse. While I fully understand you are just doing your unpaid job, failure to post patch notes in a timely manner when data is being downloaded onto someones device is a poor business practice. I also understand that the moderators are not responsible for posting patch notes and that you are there to maintain order on the forums and to act as liaisons between the players and @nitocris83 and only able to give certain responses in the role of moderator, the above response is a typical politically evasive response to an issue. It's sad really, considering the patch was very likely the same as the pc patch from last week. Not posting it in a timely manner is just irresponsible of the party that should have posted it.
    There was no issue posting about a twitch feed well in advance and unless there is some major difference between the patch today and the pc patch last week there is no legitimate excuse. Plain and simple people should do their jobs, paid or unpaid and accept responsibility for failures as well as successes.
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    @vigilante#2764 - I think the update process probably needs to just be updated to reflect the requirement that patch notes must be complete and ready (to post) before the actual update can be approved by whatever process that's required for the Ps4 release approval. Its a simple gate. If notes not complete and ready, the patch doesn't get release. That's just my .02. In no way shape of form would they allow a production change/release at a fortune 100 without the documentation to back it up. Its a sox violation if nothing else. (That's Sarbanes Oxley) for you non audit/technical related folks. Cheers!
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
    @xcessiveforce40 I agree 100%. A company that doesn't inform it's customers, and yes we are customers regardless of Neverwinter being a "free to play" platform, of data they are downloading could easily add less than, shall we say ethical data packs onto a persons device, and unfortunately even with patch notes such a thing could happen without the consumers consent, data mining, data theft, or any number of illicit bits of spyware. Transparency is important and companies that tend to obscure information and changes or delay the release of the information and screen it behind evasive excuses hoping that by the time the information is released people will have forgotten, well those companies create serious trust issues within the community. You would think a company that depends on players spending money on its digital products would want to be as transparent as possible so as to garner the trust of the consumer and build a relationship in which they are confident in spending on an item that has no real life value and exists only in a digital world, a world mind you that has a life expectancy. As a long time gamer, I have seen many mmo's come and go. They exist for a number of years and then new games come to replace them. A company that profits from nonexistent merchandise within virtual worlds should be more forthcoming with information and not hide behind evasive excuses. Just my .02 as well.
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.