test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unique and Shared powers

lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
Its just a little suggestion for the Cw class, as we now have the arcanist and thaumaturge paragons, i feel there are certain powers that should be shared with both paragons.

All ice and lightning powers need to be shared with both paragons and leave the arcane and fire powers unique to their specific paragons. This should sort the debate on what shared powers should be on which paragon. Or you can take the easy path and merge both paragons and we now have only 1 role in the game as a dps.
Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?

Comments

• robert#9169 robert Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of paragons paths ?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Mod 16 Wizard you have the same build as before. Thaum = MoF and Arcanist = SS. Thaum plays very similar to a MoF and Arcanist plays similar to a SS.

A mod 16 wizard feels exactly like a mod 15 wizard that has less than 8K recovery. I'm not all that impressed with the minimal changes made to the wizard. I was expecting Thaum to be a true elemental wizard and an Arcanist to be a true master of the arcane arts; instead we get SS and MoF from prior mods. That is a failure by the dev team to make the wizard more unique from prior mods.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

No? if thaum is meant to be a fire based paragon, all you need to do is throw in all the fire powers as unique powers to the paragon and everything else that doesn't have a specific paragon like ice powers and lightning powers should be shared. Arcanist is based on arcane powers and the only unique powers to that paragon should be arcane powers, then it should have the ice and lightning powers as shared powers. i dont think this is so hard to figure?

There's always gonna be a debate as to why icy terrain is on both paragons but conduit is not on both, thats my point
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?