test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uprising Preview Patch Notes: NW.115.20190715e.1

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    lemollen said:

Lol somebody mention about numbers not warranting spending time and effort on pvp. Let me tell you this, if you want to talk about numbers, compared to other mmo, this games numbers are pitiful. May as well scrap the whole game cos the numbers doesn’t justify the company spending time and effort on this pitiful game if we follow your argument lol.

the numbers that matter are the numbers relevant to this game not the world at large. the scale is very different. this is a small team of people vs the armies of people that work on other games.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    lemollen said:

Lol somebody mention about numbers not warranting spending time and effort on pvp. Let me tell you this, if you want to talk about numbers, compared to other mmo, this games numbers are pitiful. May as well scrap the whole game cos the numbers doesn’t justify the company spending time and effort on this pitiful game if we follow your argument lol.

Look up.

I was talking numbers in this game... because that is relevant to this game. The numbers of people playing other MMOs is totally irrelevant. No one is making a comparison between NW and other MMOs and quite frankly, if someone is more concerned about numbers in other games they should probably be playing elsewhere.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    lemollen said:

Problem is that game is loosing every player trying to do PVP in this game since MOD 10.

I already asked @noworries#8859 if he can confirm that new mechanic developed with MOD 16 allows them to separte pvp changes from pve changes - still got no answer.

I belive the answer is "NO" that is why I didnt get response to that.
    If thats the case there is no hope to any real rework of pvp in this game.
    We gona get back to that point whre pve change ruins pvp balance and vice versa (I know I keep sayin that since 2 years now :D)

What they really need to do is to make complete rework of PVP system.
    It has to be done to make a PVP a helthy, fun and important part of this game.
    They did it with a game mechanics, with professions so why not with PVP?
    Untill then its pretty pointless to try any pvp here cos changes are gona be a bandaids but nothing more....
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    > @gripnir78 said:
    > You are missing the point, cleric and paladins heal too well, especially with crit heals becoming more common. The divinity resource management became a non issue as soon as players figured out how to efficiently use it. To the point where they can literally just stand there and spam a heal that heals for 200-400k plus almost without stopping. That is an issue, one that needed to be fixed to make it possible for player's bad decisions like standing in the red to actually get punished. I agree that warlocks can use a buff, but first eliminate clerics and paladins from being too good at healing, then buff warlock up to whatever point they find the other two to be in a good position.
    >
    > Mhmm....loosing 90% of healers population in the process? Great idea....
    >
    > BTW why dont you share those "neverending divinity" builds for Pala and Cleric here..... lots of players would understood those changes if they would experience this "issue".
    >
    > Not to mention that making changes cos of one new trial - witch gona be gated for majority of player base anyway is not a smart move.

Divine glow, exhaultation or some other non divinity power, and divinity passives, use Bastion of health and tap tab between every use....not that hard. If the hardest content isn't much of a challenge to heal, then wouldn't all the other content be even easier?
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    I was just following your argument. Like what you said if following numbers, nw is a dying game so following your logic, Cryptic shld axe the game and just focus on others, maybe new city of heroes or Star Trek lol
    They tried to separate pvp w pve didnt they? With tenacity gear? But they <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the implementation and got bitten in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. They then scrapped the whole thing. Now u want them to do that again? How are they gonna justify to their bosses?
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    lemollen said:

They tried to separate pvp w pve didnt they? With tenacity gear? But they HAMSTER up the implementation and got bitten in the HAMSTER. They then scrapped the whole thing. Now u want them to do that again? How are they gonna justify to their bosses?

Dont care about them justifying the bosses here - I do care about pvp potential this game has - and witch gona be waisted without such pvp/pve separation... again
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Awww, my doohickey is dead.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    arazith07 said:

Divine glow, exhaultation or some other non divinity power, and divinity passives, use Bastion of health and tap tab between every use....not that hard. If the hardest content isn't much of a challenge to heal, then wouldn't all the other content be even easier?

I'm fine with the changes, but I think you are describing a different issue, a mechanics issue. Maybe* divinity regen should have a small delay before any is restored instead of a CD between activation and the rate/amount restored should increase the longer you channel.

Fixing the size of heals by reducing the magnitude is fine, but increasing divinity cost to fix a mechanics issue is sub-optimal.

• rafamarques#5700 rafamarques Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    at the end of time, when the Community of this forum is what remains of the player base of this game; We will continue to say what is wrong, and the devs will continue to ignore us as if they were isolated opinions, not the perspective of the target audience.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    lemollen said:

They tried to separate pvp w pve didnt they? With tenacity gear? But they HAMSTER up the implementation and got bitten in the HAMSTER. They then scrapped the whole thing. Now u want them to do that again? How are they gonna justify to their bosses?

gear doesn't separate mechanics. it needs to be entirely different. basically a system where your pvp toon cannot play pvp and vs versa. the mechanics need to be totally separate. or it just needs to scale you down to like level 10 with the same amount of feats and whatnot as a level ten. make all end game gear obsolete for pvp. you cannot balance pvp and pve together. you ruin both

if not scaled to ten with same toon it needs a different paragon path that is only good for pvp and does not work with any pve content with feats and powers that are for pvp only. you should not be able to enter pvp with a pve paragon path or enter pve with a pvp paragon path. that would be the starting ground imo. otherwise they need to just scrap pvp from this game.

honestly this game just is no good for pvp. I've played a lot of pvp in my day and this is the worst pvp I've ever seen for a variety of reasons. imo it's really just not worth fixing. there are so many other better options out there for pvp. and so much needs to be fixed in pve where the majority of the players are.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Not surprised about DC heals. Very easy atm - BoH is all you need and you can spam it constantly over and over. Although how about making DC heals fun & challenging to play instead of making it slightly harder and more booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now nerfing the doohickey - why, is an extra AOE encounter every 30 secs game breaking? I wonder who the miserly mongrel is up there who figures our what players actually like and then nerfs, a pox on you.
    edited July 2019
    Lol u say the pvp sucks in this game and it’s too much to fix and there are better games out there with good pvp. I would say the same for the pve. Even if all bugs are fixed, is the pve in this game ever good? Lol you like doing the same three or four dungeons over and over again? Only one new dungeon per mod or sometimes even no new dungeon. And then after u finish the dungeon, all u get is a black opal for your trouble. Lol.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    @rwhitedev#7348 @mimicking#6533 @terramak @nitocris83

I know saying anything does not matters however i will give it a shot see if this can reach you.

Its now already difficult as to get a party a healer to do some content as its not to mention a capable healer.
    I played both Cleric and Paladin healer, The beginner and mid geared Paladin healer right as it stands now has difficulties, our biggest heal is magnitude 500 excluding our daily its hard as its hard to heal pass cocoon phrase and keeping party alive on LoMM also other content, regarding the critical even geared at even rate of critical and power will get less than 40% crit chance which is unreliable... even IF its 50% its 50/50 .. i cant tell my team mate that sorry i cant safe you/ you die because i did not CRIT its fated.

IF your NERF on Paladin/cleric healing are base on their performance in ToMM do remember...

Those are END GAMERS which doing the test with optimum gear and its only ONE dungeon What about most of us which still struggling on rest of the game ?

My another doubt that people are saying healing 200k-400k per heal did you guys factor in / look at are each of the players who is receiving the heal ..these numbers might have cause by using TACTICAL ENCHANTMENT which gives 12% incoming heal per piece (60% incoming heal for 5 peices) ?
    (Maybe with 800 magnitude bastion with end game gear, for paladin 500 magnitude its quite impossible to reach that figure)

If you guys just wanna make it challenging for PVP or ToMM please don't make rest of the community which does not do these content suffers for it....

Instead i suggest add a filter/debuff/Scaling in PVP/ ToMM instead of changing the healing class altogether ...ppl has already adapt and invested or even most of us has our enchantments BOUND on their toons these decision are all made base on what information given to us now in just one MOD basically telling they made a wrong decision on investing and gears choice AGAIN , people will begin think the bad choice is to continue to PLAY NEVERWINTER instead after being betrayed over and over again.

Finally for the love of the game please try not make any more NERF changes.... Mod 16 many veteran and streamers has gave up on the game, now Mod 17 are telling all the newer players get good nothing new for you till mod 18..... on Mod 18's what next?

Here some numbers to back up my statement is the player count for Neverwinter on STEAM Chart on ARC side the ratio probably bout the same

https://steamcharts.com/app/109600
    Then tell your teammates to get out of the red. Learn the mechanics instead of relying on healer to save their asses.
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I agree.. Only experienced player should run dungeons.. New player should do solo only.. Muhahaha...
This discussion has been closed.