test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

broken healing system which is killing pvp now

superstevenshusuperstevenshu Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited July 2019 in PvP Discussion
Most people admit the combat system in pvp is more balanced then last mod, however there is something that is preventing people from doing some exciting pvp games everyday.

1. healing depression doesn't work
2. people can stack crazy incoming healing bonus with utility slot (30%+ bonus heal over basic value)
3. all insignia bonus for heal is broken without the healing depression, for example, each time you control an enemy or they crit you, they heal like 30k+ hp with Oppresive Reprieve and Babarian's Revelry over 1-5 seconds. (they heal more than you hit them)
4. Providence (from lion) proc multiple times (multiple times of 30k-60k hp heal within 10 seconds)
5. Sigil of paladin heals too much (which has been addressed many times in pvp discussion)
6. Holy Avenger heals 60k+ hp over 10 seconds for every 15 seconds

Please depress the healing and incoming healing bonus and rework the healing system, so pvp will look exciting again.
@nitocris83
Post edited by superstevenshu on

Comments

• ante#2715 ante Member Posts: 1 New User
    +100
  • anjo#8313 anjo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    +
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    @asterdahl mentioned in Reddit AMA that they had been pvping a lot lately, so I'm 100% sure the devs are aware of this and that it will be fixed before release of the new and better PVP we will be getting in M17
    Elite Whaleboy
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User

We are actively working on the PvP balance and healing has been a particular focus lately.

The tooltip for the PvP buff icon is not correct, you should see the text on there go away on preview.

Sigil of the Paladin will be adjusted for M17

Providence will have to be looked at to see why it is triggering more often than it should, but it will be adjusted to be 5% in PvP.

We are also making direct adjustments to how healing works in PvP and will continue to tweak the pvp values on everything while we work towards better PvP balance.

Nice to hear that, will you look into tank classes survivability/damage/control ratio too?
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    All this sounds great for PVP and i'll just reiterate the concerns of the PVErs in here. None of the items changed should be changed for both PVE and PVP.

Devs need to start building some separation between the 2 camps and maybe the real answer isn't to tweak insignia bonuses, etc but to make them unavailable in pvp. Oh look at that. True balance in PVP if it's about skill and powers instead of mount bonuses, insignias and the countless other PVE items that break PVP. Healing suppression should definitely be a thing.

I want to enjoy PVP again because it's been too long.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

just so you kno in case you havent noticed i was sarcastic.

You being sarcastic? No, never. I wouldn't have ever thought you were capable of that. I thought you were sincere everywhere you spew your opinion. Well, at least you're entertaining. To me at least.

I mean, this whole mod was your idea if I remember correctly and I've been enjoying it.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    Healing reduction in PvP increased as part of ongoing balance tests.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1250464/uprising-preview-patch-notes-nw-115-20190715e-1

Combat and Powers
    General
    Combat Advantage distance has been increased to 85 feet.

Crit Severity reduction removed from PvP.

Fox's Cunning is no longer a guaranteed dodge and is instead an increase to damage reduction

Healing reduction in PvP increased as part of ongoing balance tests.

Providence mount power adjusted to do half as much healing in pvp and hopefully it now respects its internal cooldown better

The ratio for determining the critical chance of healing has been adjusted. Critical strike now increases the chance to land a critical heal more.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Looks like you got your wish folks. Healing classes, items and powers got hit with the Nerf-bat. When will folks learn that the devs bring a claymore to do open heart surgery with? *smh*
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Oh the nerf happened over on Preview, barbie. Its quite apparent on the character I had over there before the purge. Gonna transfer my current toon over to that side and see how it compares with live.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • faerbot1#2720 faerbot1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User

We are actively working on the PvP balance and healing has been a particular focus lately.

The tooltip for the PvP buff icon is not correct, you should see the text on there go away on preview.

Sigil of the Paladin will be adjusted for M17

Providence will have to be looked at to see why it is triggering more often than it should, but it will be adjusted to be 5% in PvP.

We are also making direct adjustments to how healing works in PvP and will continue to tweak the pvp values on everything while we work towards better PvP balance.

Its almost like the devs don't play PVP.....