test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

summer festival

When trying to make the Sahha Ball in your professions I keep failing more than what I am making either the cloths or the balls, I have numerous characters that I have failed on. Some characters I have been unable to make the sahha balls all together. I am on Xbox One
Wicked War1ock

Comments

• darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    > @wickedwar1ock#4166 said:
    > When trying to make the Sahha Ball in your professions I keep failing more than what I am making either the cloths or the balls, I have numerous characters that I have failed on. Some characters I have been unable to make the sahha balls all together. I am on Xbox One

Are you losing the materials on a failed attempt as well? Would think this is NOT wai.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Escalated this to the rest of the team for investigation/repro.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    you have to level up your priestess now. someone just pointed that out to me in game. once she's fully levelled it's a 100 percent chance (although wouldn't put it past this game for it to still fail.) it would be really nice to have some sort of dialogue that explains the changes. this isn't a new event but they've changed some of the core mechanics. ppl have no way of realizing that when in years past it was plug and play. it would also be nice if there was some direction to go to your work shop to accept your new priestess considering she was in all of our bags already last year.
  • wickedwar1ock#4166 wickedwar1ock Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Ok thanks. And yes I am losing materials as well. Just like any other failed profession task.
    Wicked War1ock
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I just had the same thing happen, I now do not have enough ingredients to make today's sahha ball, and no way to purchase ingredients to make it, I hope this gets fixed soon

edit: I, too, just realized this is the xbox forum, I am on pc and having this same issue
    Post edited by tazz4now on
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    This is extremely uncool. I failed on the first attempt to make sailcloth. Now even if I succeed on the next 2, I will not be able to make a ball. Who thought it was a good idea to require us to level the priestess? The daily quest to gather the materials to make the ball was tedious enough, now we maybe can't even do it successfully. Seriously, WTH?

EDIT: I just noticed this was the XBox One forum. I'm on PC, but this annoying change appears to be universal.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I want to feel something over this but why waste my time.

CM can't even take the time to edit the announcement so it no longer says that the Fungal Flail Snail is a new mount. It's not new. It's 2 years old now. Still the same mistakes.

So if nothing new was added, and you've made the professions portion of making a sahha ball more tedious, and the rest of the quests remain the same....what's the point?

This is one of the games supposed premier events and yet it feels like an afterthought. Even the CTAs have gotten new battle horns.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    get artisan on entering workshop, craft fireblossom petal till level 9 summer festival profession and then craft balls, worked for me like this @nitocris83
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Level 6 is enough to get 100% chance.

It's not exactly hard to reach.
  • wickedwar1ock#4166 wickedwar1ock Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    are we gonna get compensated for lost materials and or lost sahha balls. I have the profession worker at max rank on all my toons and I was still failing at either the cloth or the ball.
    Wicked War1ock
    @artifleur I was at level 7 and it still failed
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Is it showing less than 100% at level 7?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Yeah the priestes dont have 100% to make the cloth for the balls til LV 6

Lost on my first too so watch out and level her before doing the balls

Anyway we may have a Bug here i saw 2 people talking on live server about losing task at 100% chance that a BIG problem
    @empalas Ievel 7 is 95% and level 8 is 100% (also for the sahha ball), anything above the level of the sahha ball is not at 100%, so you need to level up that profession higher, unfortunately there is no tutorial or anything stating that this temporary profession has to be leveled up in order to craft the daily "free" sahha ball, so those of us who didn't realize this cannot get the materials to make the one we missed, I put this issue in the "pc bug reports" for those of us on pc
  • ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    How to level up the artisan? She can only craft caprese at level 1 so you need tomato to make that first, then go up the chain? What a disaster.....
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    glad i had skipped out on this event no need for me to go out there if there not going to be anything new cause if they hadn't ruined the stick horse i know it would of been a perfect item for the summer festival if it wasn't a dumb cash grab for jubilee why this event never gets anything
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    tazz4now said:

Level 7 for both summer provisioning and artisan ?

It shows 100% for me.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    early there was 100% chance for craft
    Just give us Suhha ball from NPC
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    artifleur said:

tazz4now said:

Level 7 for both summer provisioning and artisan ?

It shows 100% for me.
    mine was level 8 plus some extra fireblossom petal craft to make sure it doesnt fail
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    uhh so if the crafting isn't working just q for the match .....
    If people read more you would notice that when you pick up the quest it says that you can get the voucher if you q for the game or the components by picking up the flowers.

ps. i did it yesterday and today
  • jamiefors#0606 jamiefors Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Lost all materials, cannot make a ball......this poxy game I swear
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2019

uhh so if the crafting isn't working just q for the match .....

What kind of sick, sadistic person would ever suggest that anyone endure the torment that is a sahha match?
    across more than one toon. I think I have 12 toons now. that's 120 minutes a day of saha. I'd rather chew my toes off... who came up with the saha idea? who thought it was fun? even a tiny bit. they really need to offer some decent rewards if they want people to suffer thru it. first to score three should just end the match imo or something. ugh I'd probably play it all day though if mithral and silver tickets had a chance to drop from it (As they really should for enduring that kind of torture)