test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Festival Daily Sahha Ball

tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
I tried making "sailcloth" for the free daily sahha ball and the item "failed" on the first try, so now I do not have enough items to get my daily "sahha ball", this has also been reported on the xbox forum, which I commented on, @nitocris83 added that she would let the team know, I am only posting this here in case others might have the same problem

Comments

• dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Characters that have never done "Your very own Sahha Ball" get a free voucher. Can craft a ball, if they are careful. Then can collect more flax for a 3rd ball the first day it seems. My characters that have already done "your very own Sahha Ball" just get to collect the 10 flax for 1 ball. They do not get the Voucher for a free ball. Is that intended? New characters get 3 balls the first day and returning characters only get 1?
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @dontez1 if I remember correctly, that has been WAI since they introduced the sahha event portion, after the initial "quest" you will only be able to make 1 per day
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    It's because we get lvl 1 summer craftsman, it won't be failing when you level her to 6+.
  • jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I thought first year characters (who got 3 balls on first day) be getting 2 each day after that - one from free zen coupon, and one from crafting or doing event. I did the crafting on second day, but didn't get a free zen coupon. Or was I just misinformed?
  • drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    This is the first time this event has run with the Mod15 RNG crafting system. Previous years did not have such 'odds' against success. That being said, after failing to make sailcloth as a level 1 character on several toons, I gathered fruit drops (I've been accumulating the flax for three days and getting fruit for the Sune daily quest) and made some Squash Soup, Capri and some Watermelon Sorbet. I *should* have made some useless firecrackers, which would have raised my artisan's level to 6 instead of 5 ... but I was 'confident' that one level below should succeed. As a level 5 artisan, making level 6 Sailcloth *failed* just like it did for all the level one characters (who were able to craft sailcloth at level 2 and 3 with no problem at all.

I will try again tomorrow on another toon making sure I level the Artisan to 6 or 7 before trying to make sailcloth. I *suspect* like we all experience with normal profession crafting, if it is not 100% it *will* fail the first time you do it.

Sadly, the flax and event linseed oil are character bound, so unlike the other materials, I cannot pass them to a character to 'make up' for the lost materials.
    level 8 will give you the 100%, I suggest you get to that level before attempting to try it again, I made 20 of the petals overnight and had most of my characters leveled to 8-10, good luck, as it appears nothing will be done for those of us who lost the ingredients
    Keeping your suggestion of Level 8 in mind, I revisited the workshop with several that have been gathering the past few days. The char below 70 (lvl 56) had the summer craft start at level 1. Most of the other level 70/70+ characters began the skill at level 5 (the skill not the Artisan level - those were all level 1 initially).

I mention this because one cannot craft the flowers if the skill level is not at least 3. Which means all 'low' characters should be taking the Celebration ... quest to try all the games and get fruit as a reward. That will allow the initial leveling to be done with fruit and not the flax for Sahha balls.

If you start at level 4, you will fail 4 times or more and 'just' make it to level 7 on one days morale. At level 5 you will almost finish level 7 (one or two more needed). In the best scenario, you will get to level 8 if you only have one failure and you start at level 5. In all cases 10 units are attempted before the 400 morale is gone. So, you need to do this at least a day or two before the end of the event or you will not get to the crafting before the Artisan disappears.
    @drinkvernors#7197 thank you, I had all of my characters at level 70 crafting, so they all started at level 5 for the event crafting, I really wish the devs in this game would give a heads up to people when something like this is being added or changed, they seem to forget to include any instructions and a simple "event crafting will have to be leveled up" in the news feed regarding the event would have helped a lot of us to not lose our materials when trying to make these sahha balls, as the saying goes.....it is what it is
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I am curious what will happen after the event and in the next one. The worker is supposed to go away after the event. Next year, we should get her back. But will she keep her levels or will we have to go through this again?

Also, as a request to the devs. Give the poor lady a name. She has a sprite and wanders through your workshop. She shouldn't be saddled with a generic name floater.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    I vote for 'Rose' because an Avatar by any other name is still a 'Rose'
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    -- nevermind ---
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***