test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A question about Call of the Storm and Enhanced Conductivity....

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
Call of the Storm grants you Lightning Enchanted Weapon for 10 seconds; during that time, your attacks gain a single additional lightning strike that is magnitude 30. Enhanced Conductivity "now enhances your weapon with an additional 50 magnitude damage boost."

Does this mean that attacks during this time now do an additional 50 magnitude damage, or is it additive and it is a total of 80 magnitude damage boost?

Thanks for any insight into this. (If it is the latter, it would seem that Call of the Storm would be the best daily in the game.)

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    It boosts your weapon damage, and adds an extra lightning strike to your hits. It is really good, to the point where you can effectively oneshot entire trashmob packs, but the two events are separate.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Wait. It boosts your weapon damage *and* adds the extra lightning strike? I thought it was all rolled into one event; that is very interesting. I guess my next question is how much does enhanced conductivity increase your damage during the extra lightning strike: is it a total of 50 magnitude damage or 80 magnitude damage? Or you get the 30 magnitude lightning strike, and your weapon damage increases by 50 magnitude? Does that mean enhanced conductivity basically makes clear the ground 2.5x more powerful (along with a lightning strike that is 1.5x more powerful than clear the ground)? (Both basically turn your at-wills into encounter level damage attacks for 10 seconds; I run a throw caution build with a bronzewood enchant and soul sight crystal, and the damage it puts out is pretty insane.)
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    30 magnitude lightning strikes for 10 seconds - you can see your weapon glowing - and a 50 magnitude weapon damage hike.

I use vorpal with envenomed storybook. I'm keeping up with, or doing better than most wizards atm. "Most" anyway lol.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    I wish I had envenomed storybook...that event was bugged for me and wouldn't drop the rewards.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I wonder of bronzewood is comparable to vorpal. 10% debuff to the enemy for 10 seconds is pretty amazing. Cooldown 10 seconds so it's up 50% of the time roughly.

I wonder of bronzewood is comparable to vorpal. 10% debuff to the enemy for 10 seconds is pretty amazing. Cooldown 10 seconds so it's up 50% of the time roughly.

Mobs are usually dead within 10 seconds. By and large, it is up around 100% of the time, that, and *everyone* gets the bonus damage.

You also have a pretty cool array of butterflies that follow you around which is pretty sweet for a ranger....
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Was referring to its use on a boss. In that case the 50% uptime would be relevant. Although since crits are also 50%, at what crit severity would you pass bronzewood damage? Interesting.
    I run bronzewood with Throw Caution and To the Wind rather than Vorpal and Skirmishers Gambit; if you focus on positioning so that you have CA, you can really crank out the damage. Looking at Janne's crit severity calculator, it would seem that Throw Caution and To the Wind combined with Bronzewood (+20% damage pretty much all the time by keeping Throw Caution up + another 10% damage half the time from Bronzewood) would beat out +80% crit severity (Vorpal + Skirmishers Gambit) half the time.

Of course, you have to factor in that you are dropping an encounter (probably boar's charge) for throw caution.
  • datamungo#8433 datamungo Member Posts: 1 New User
    anyone noticed that the graphics for this are bugged lately? I can see when other people use call of the storm and i can see the lightning striking the targets. When I use it, i don't see the lightning anymore. this changed in the latest patch a few days ago.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I've been noticing sometimes in lomm call of the storm and storm strike stop working. it seems like I hit for nothing. at first I thought it was comp disappearing but I traded out my pup for a ioun.. still happening. it does seem to happen when i have had a death or two more than when I have not but I do believe it's happened when I'm clear on that as well. any idea what might be happening? it's also slow really slow to hit.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

Was referring to its use on a boss. In that case the 50% uptime would be relevant. Although since crits are also 50%, at what crit severity would you pass bronzewood damage? Interesting.

Bronzewood will theoritically have the same effect as vorpal once you reach 300% critical severity. I wouldn't trade vorpal for bronzewood unless you can somehow reach 350% or 400% critical severity.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

It boosts your weapon damage, and adds an extra lightning strike to your hits. It is really good, to the point where you can effectively oneshot entire trashmob packs, but the two events are separate.

The description of the feat could be interpreted that way but what it really does is it simply increases the extra attack from 30 to 80 magnitude. It doesn't increase your weapon damage at all.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    The way @artifleur explains the feat is what I expected. Can't imagine how many will cry nerf if it boosted from first strike to expired buff.

I did try the Bronzewood and it did not perform as well as the Vorp by a large margin. Sucks the weapon enchants are not close to each other in performance or optimal for situations because I have others that now sit in my bank.
    The Legendary Outlaws
    Does anyone know if the arcs from the lightning enchant proc the extra lightning strikes from Call of the Storm?