test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments about Tower of the mad mage in last nights stream

13»

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

finmakin said:

I feel like all these new dungeons have too many 1 shot kill mechanics, really makes it suck playing a healer amd missing all those opportunities to actually do your role and heal, because when the mechanic kills people instantly then you just look worthless :/

The new dungeon is not intended for your average player, it is designed from the ground up for your 0.1% and it can be beaten. Furthermore, the healer does have an essential role and can heal through mechanics. I have never had this much fun playing Neverwinter, please do not take it away from me.
    I'm speaking in general about some of the mechanics currently "in effect" I personally haven't tried to heal on ToMM I tried once as dps because someone asked me to join. But there are many mechanics currently which just kill you,

Castle Ravenloft
    theft of vitae from sisters in stahd, tank is supposed to take aggo, but 2nd sister aggroes whoever she wants, in my groups this is always me, the healer. I can dodge it a few times but usually die once at least to it, and if a dps has aggro theres nothing i can do to heal them because its like 20 million dmg or something absurd.

Lanterns exploding at strahd fight are a instant kill to anyone without 300k+ max hp (when scaled) and decent defensive stats.

Fangbreaker Island
    Hypothermia kills the person who gets it no matter what in my experience.

Master Spellplague Cavern
    The curse in from Nostura can be cured often, but a lot of the time she never even does the stun to remove it. so you just spam heals until they aren't enough and the person dies.

Cradle of the Death God
    Invisible knock up 1 shot kill in Elevator, cord phase and even during push/pull.

Lair of the Mad Mage

still sometimes even when fully healed people die at cocoon.

I mainly play as a healer and I'm just saying it sucks to miss all these opportunities to actually do something besides be a free health stone with no cooldown.

Apperantly what youre saying here is a result of lacking the needed knowledge of mechanics…

Castle Ravenloft,
    A hard dungeon but doable… There is a reason that tank pulls Sister to far left and the person with book goes to the far right.... Exploding Lantarns… Just make sure that youre avoiding red's and with the massive AoE… Well, placing a Paladins sigil, Hollowed ground and big heals helps a lot (considered that players have decent stats to begin with).

FBI,
    Same thing, Avoid red's and don't stand where tank is fighting… I see too many times in the Drufi fight (as example) that player don't group up when its needed to share the damage (they simply die).

MSP,
    The curse can be cured by one way, and that is to get dazed on purpose by her eye… The curse is doing more and more damage each tick, you cannot outheal it... Just let them die and preserve your divinity for those who are not affected (read who knows the mechanics).

Cradle,
    That was a bug, and should be fixed by now… I have done recently some run and didn't experience it.. Gravemaster type of mobs are casting this and is visible by a huge red circle (or blueish / purple one).

LoMM,
    Cocooned players die (even full healed) when players keep damaging the boss (from the start a player gets it till cocoon explodes)..

So, what I read about this is that there is a severe lack of knowledge of mechanics and a lack of proper builds because ppl are focussing too much of raising their Ilevel without working properly on their stats in their race to become eligble for a dungeon to get their hands on fat loot.
    These people even entering these dungeons without scroll's and calling out for help when they die..

Bottomline is that people have been spoiled way too long and I am very happy that they have removed that cursed LS, so people are finally forced to start learning the mechanics.
    bottom line is you don't know what you're talking about.
    you are absolutely wrong about every single one of these statements....have you actually ran MSP, FBI or CODG this module??????
    playing FBI, CoDG and msp this mod is easier then ever before. Our healers always complaing when we do FBI because they have nothing to do the whole dungeon lol
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2019

finmakin said:

I feel like all these new dungeons have too many 1 shot kill mechanics, really makes it suck playing a healer amd missing all those opportunities to actually do your role and heal, because when the mechanic kills people instantly then you just look worthless :/

The new dungeon is not intended for your average player, it is designed from the ground up for your 0.1% and it can be beaten. Furthermore, the healer does have an essential role and can heal through mechanics. I have never had this much fun playing Neverwinter, please do not take it away from me.
    I'm speaking in general about some of the mechanics currently "in effect" I personally haven't tried to heal on ToMM I tried once as dps because someone asked me to join. But there are many mechanics currently which just kill you,

Castle Ravenloft
    theft of vitae from sisters in stahd, tank is supposed to take aggo, but 2nd sister aggroes whoever she wants, in my groups this is always me, the healer. I can dodge it a few times but usually die once at least to it, and if a dps has aggro theres nothing i can do to heal them because its like 20 million dmg or something absurd.

Lanterns exploding at strahd fight are a instant kill to anyone without 300k+ max hp (when scaled) and decent defensive stats.

Fangbreaker Island

The curse in from Nostura can be cured often, but a lot of the time she never even does the stun to remove it. so you just spam heals until they aren't enough and the person dies.

Cradle of the Death God
    Invisible knock up 1 shot kill in Elevator, cord phase and even during push/pull.

Lair of the Mad Mage

I mainly play as a healer and I'm just saying it sucks to miss all these opportunities to actually do something besides be a free health stone with no cooldown.

Apperantly what youre saying here is a result of lacking the needed knowledge of mechanics…

Castle Ravenloft,
    A hard dungeon but doable… There is a reason that tank pulls Sister to far left and the person with book goes to the far right.... Exploding Lantarns… Just make sure that youre avoiding red's and with the massive AoE… Well, placing a Paladins sigil, Hollowed ground and big heals helps a lot (considered that players have decent stats to begin with).

FBI,
    Same thing, Avoid red's and don't stand where tank is fighting… I see too many times in the Drufi fight (as example) that player don't group up when its needed to share the damage (they simply die).

MSP,
    The curse can be cured by one way, and that is to get dazed on purpose by her eye… The curse is doing more and more damage each tick, you cannot outheal it... Just let them die and preserve your divinity for those who are not affected (read who knows the mechanics).

Cradle,
    That was a bug, and should be fixed by now… I have done recently some run and didn't experience it.. Gravemaster type of mobs are casting this and is visible by a huge red circle (or blueish / purple one).

LoMM,
    Cocooned players die (even full healed) when players keep damaging the boss (from the start a player gets it till cocoon explodes)..

So, what I read about this is that there is a severe lack of knowledge of mechanics and a lack of proper builds because ppl are focussing too much of raising their Ilevel without working properly on their stats in their race to become eligble for a dungeon to get their hands on fat loot.
    These people even entering these dungeons without scroll's and calling out for help when they die..

Bottomline is that people have been spoiled way too long and I am very happy that they have removed that cursed LS, so people are finally forced to start learning the mechanics.
    you are absolutely wrong about every single one of these statements....have you actually ran MSP, FBI or CODG this module??????
    Join me, group up... Don't keep it with HAMSTER talks, I have offered you before to group up with me.. Any dungeon
    But be prepared, i make a video of every dungeon i run with you
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    edited July 2019
    tom#6998 said:

finmakin said:

Castle Ravenloft

Fangbreaker Island

Cradle of the Death God

Lair of the Mad Mage

Castle Ravenloft,

FBI,

MSP,

Cradle,

LoMM,

playing FBI, CoDG and msp this mod is easier then ever before. Our healers always complaing when we do FBI because they have nothing to do the whole dungeon lol
    I have asked this person not so long ago to add me to her list, group up and run dungeons to see if her statemants troughout the whole forum are valid…
    For Obvious reasons, there was no reaction thusfar from this person on my offer to group up ;)
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

finmakin said:

Castle Ravenloft

Fangbreaker Island

Cradle of the Death God

Lair of the Mad Mage

Castle Ravenloft,

FBI,

MSP,

Cradle,

LoMM,

I agree they are easier, but that's not the point. FBI being easier doesn't change the fact that the Hypothermia attack is bugged. MSP being easier doesn't change the fact that the stun is not being cast frequently enough. CoDG being easier doesn't change the fact that the invisible red zones are (or at least were) a problem.

finmakin said:

tom#6998 said:

finmakin said:

Castle Ravenloft

Fangbreaker Island

Cradle of the Death God

Lair of the Mad Mage

Castle Ravenloft,

FBI,

MSP,

Cradle,

LoMM,

I have asked this person not so long ago to add me to her list, group up and run dungeons to see if her statemants troughout the whole forum are valid…
    For Obvious reasons, there was no reaction thusfar from this person on my offer to group up ;)
    when? they don't delete posts, link where you asked me to group with you. all you've done is talk down to me
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1250067/tanks-dont-need-them-anymore/p1
    edited July 2019

finmakin said:

finmakin said:

tom#6998 said:

finmakin said:

Castle Ravenloft

Fangbreaker Island

Cradle of the Death God

Lair of the Mad Mage

Castle Ravenloft,

FBI,

MSP,

Cradle,

LoMM,

when? they don't delete posts, link where you asked me to group with you. all you've done is talk down to me
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1250067/tanks-dont-need-them-anymore/p1
    my apologies, I was wrong. still not interested though.
    As expected you are not interested, your statements might evaporate into oblivion (especially with video's to prove it).
    So funny.

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    IMO, they make it too easy for a new player to jump into Undermountain & obtain basic end-game gear. This may cause a lot of new and part-time players to feel that there is no "new" content and therefore no content worth doing. If you are strong, but not enough for end-game content and for some weird reason feel their is nothing challenging left to do... challenge yourself by down-gearing or removing stones. Seriously, the OP is not complaining about lack of challenge.. they are actually complaining about lack of easy access to more powerful gear.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Lomm is not an easy dungeon for new player to get in, consider all the boons they need to gather to get that ilevel. Gear from MEs alone won't be enough.
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I really don't understand why there cannot be two versions of last dungeons. One challengable, with a really good loot and for end-gamers and second for pug players, who are willing to learn some basic mechanics of new dungeon. This "easier" dungeon should not be too easy to get automatic success for free, players should know its basic mechanics and it should be seen as a something what can prepare pug players to enter later the real stuff without be totally clueless. And of course, allow to people who are not willing to gear up for high end difficulty, to enjoy whole story.

Current situation only splits community.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

IMO, they make it too easy for a new player to jump into Undermountain & obtain basic end-game gear. This may cause a lot of new and part-time players to feel that there is no "new" content and therefore no content worth doing. If you are strong, but not enough for end-game content and for some weird reason feel their is nothing challenging left to do... challenge yourself by down-gearing or removing stones. Seriously, the OP is not complaining about lack of challenge.. they are actually complaining about lack of easy access to more powerful gear.

This is one of the problems. The game puts you in front of LoMM with easy to obtain 20K IL.

IL is a problem as a barrier to dungeons. The game should have some kind of progression / achievements so you cant unlock a dungeon until you have done X times the previous dungeons or something.

I want hard content. I want ToMM to be very hard but..... With good Loot.

Players complain that new trial is hard because they want to do it to get latest loot. They dont complain because they want "experience" the new dungeon. Please lets be honest, if you put an "easy" version of the new trial with bad loot, players will do it 1 time.

The problem is more deep than this, the problem is that running most of the dungeons is not worth the time. Players run what is worth, and since we have no reasonable loot in most dungeons, players run random queues to get AD.

The devs said that some rough AD and few seals are "enough rewards" to run old dungeons. Until they dont change this aproach, old content will be dead forever, and new players wont learn how to play the game progressively, so most of them leave, and very few are capable to learn and progress.

I cant repeat enough times that run a 30 or 40 mins dungeon and get some salvage RP, rough AD and seals is so frustrating that running more than 1 dungeon a day is hurting my sanity.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    tom#6998 said:

finmakin said:

Castle Ravenloft

Fangbreaker Island

Cradle of the Death God

Lair of the Mad Mage

Castle Ravenloft,

FBI,

MSP,

Cradle,

LoMM,

Agree. Playing healer, the main challenge is not to get complacent and fall asleep.

FBI - so easy its a disgrace. Hardest bit is the hill climb, turtle is a joke now.

Tong - only remotely challenging part is Ras Nsi. When I'm playing healer, I'm asking ppl to stand in Red all the way up to the Ras fight, so I have something to do.

MSP - hardest part is one of the mob groups at the start. The 2nd boss is incredibly easy now. Only hard part on end boss is if you get the curse right at the end. Still easy if you have a scroll or soul forged or anyone in the party who has a clue.

ToMM should be (and must) a very difficult and hard trial only a few can face this at this moment despite a lot of players are going to complain that it's too difficult or too hard because they getting oneshotted, but let me tell you that they also are getting oneshotted when their focus is dropping..

There are two kind of players, players who want hard mode for their personal achievement to beat that boss and you have players who have only one goal is to get neat loot on a silver platter without putting much effort in it..
    I still remember those players in Sharandar gear when Tiamat came alive.. skipping a lot of content and go straight for the easy to obtain loot by jumping on the band wagon.

With this in mind, I say NO to make this trial easier but I say YES to a baby trial of ToMM, include baby loot...
    If players want to get the best loot then they should work for it instead of complaining to Devs about difficulties.. this might urge them to work on their char even more and give them a goal to obtain that phat loot
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

Players complain that new trial is hard because they want to do it to get latest loot. They dont complain because they want "experience" the new dungeon. Please lets be honest, if you put an "easy" version of the new trial with bad loot, players will do it 1 time.

I'm not 100% sure about this bit.

I think players want to run new content and see new dungeons, its not always about the loot - maybe 90% loot, 10% game experience. Also an easy version of the dungeon would give players a chance to work out the mechanics before running the "real" version. Watching a U tube video or stream isn't the same as doing it yourself.

But definitely, new dungeons should be hard. End game players should have something challenging. Rewards should be comparable to the effort / difficulty.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Look at all the nDemo runs. The loot just has to be worthwhile. And, having an nToMM alongside an eToMM would mean it's more likely that people in eToMM know what they're doing. It's a win all around.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    hustin1 said:

Look at all the nDemo runs. The loot just has to be worthwhile. And, having an nToMM alongside an eToMM would mean it's more likely that people in eToMM know what they're doing. It's a win all around.

Right, it would be a good solution for everybody (same thing should be available for LoMM, since there are still players who have difficulties with that dungeon)...

/tease on.... And let Halaster warn player " John Doe" (with big flashy signs) 15 seconds prior that he is going to blast him / her out of his / her pants.
    /tease off :)

Just kidding