test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there any chance to tone up all the Artifacts to level 80, 300 item level

rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
On latest twich i belive my question was read as a first from the chat and i decided to start a new discussion to get the answear on the forum, because Thomas Foss told he must ask the team about it.

I belive the developers will answear the question here :)

The large amount of Artifacts had their activation changed but the stats are still not teasing us to use the majority of them. It would be a great deal if all the Artifacts would become 300 item level and the stats would be toned up to 3000/1500/1500 stat patern...

Please Please Please...

Comments

• aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Perhaps this could involve a quest of some type--to upgrade the artifacts.
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    This would actually make gearing a character much more interesting. I like the idea.
  • arcanousarcanous Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    its not going to happen I would say! more new gear/artifacts need enchants/marks and wards a AD/zen sink that the dev's need to claw back revenue from all the players lost to mod 16 and people refusing to spend real money on the game because of "issues" take demo set still BIS for dps but stats hopeless against the new gear! if you bought the stat value in to line with the new gear nobody would upgrading or chasing new equipment because all the new gear procs are basicly meh! just my humble opinion mind you

Trick
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    That's hardly ever happening... I wouldn't say never, but IMO it's really hard the devs would increase the stats of old artifacts/artifacts equip just to match new lvl 80 content. It's easier for them to design new ones with the right stats.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Not going to happen, nor should it happen. Otherwise its likely that the same arti's will be BIS for ever.

mmo needs change for the various reasons stated above
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    The Tales of the old artifacts should be upgraded too as the event its still on-going
  • rysiek86rysiek86 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Why Tales of the Old Artifacts deserve for upgrade and other not ?? All Artifacts should be toned up to 300. The easiest solution is simply get all of them to level 300 with stat patern 3000/1500/1500 oooooooor new tier with new frame color... All new Artifacts should be upgraded automaticly but all the mythic 150 artifacts shoud require new refining points pool and some enchanting stones rank6/rank7 to upgrade em to 300 level. Another ad sink (developers are happy) and we get the whole Artifacts roster to use (players are happy).
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    rysiek86 said:

Why Tales of the Old Artifacts deserve for upgrade and other not ?? All Artifacts should be toned up to 300. The easiest solution is simply get all of them to level 300 with stat patern 3000/1500/1500 oooooooor new tier with new frame color... All new Artifacts should be upgraded automaticly but all the mythic 150 artifacts shoud require new refining points pool and some enchanting stones rank6/rank7 to upgrade em to 300 level. Another ad sink (developers are happy) and we get the whole Artifacts roster to use (players are happy).

Because ToO artifacts are meant to be viable in mod 16, because the event didnt still end.

You can agree or not but this is a valid reason.

In my opinion they did a bad job releasing artifacts that have more stats than old ones in the same tier of upgrade. They should have added a new tier of upgrade if they wanted artifacts with more stats, and new ones could start in legendary.

But heh, logic in this game.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited July 2019

rysiek86 said:

Because ToO artifacts are meant to be viable in mod 16, because the event didnt still end.

In my opinion they did a bad job releasing artifacts that have more stats than old ones in the same tier of upgrade. They should have added a new tier of upgrade if they wanted artifacts with more stats, and new ones could start in legendary.

I agree a new tier to artifacts would have been better that using 5 of each type of enchanting stones and 5 of each type of marks of potency. It also should take 1M refinement to rank up the artifact. Yeah that is a lot but to get that bonus but it would be a sink for players and if you wanted it faster, you can pay for it.

New level of artifact would be Renowned or Fabled.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User

rysiek86 said:

Adding a new tier to upgrade means it is more expensive across the board.

i.e. upgrading a current top tier to another top+1 tier is more expensive than upgrading a green (with better stat) to the current top tier from scratch.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I personally like the idea of possibly being able to refine ALL artifacts to a next higher level than where they are currently - of course I also like the idea of completely new, higher level artifacts available in new content better.

As for the "more expense" aspect, as always it is the player's choice to either grind for a new artifact or spend what is needed to upgrade an artifact - if no one whats to expend the time or expense to upgrade then they don't have to, they can play with their artifact at their current level.
    DD~
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

It would be something interesting mainly for economy, most of the loots are of old equipment and that has little attractiveness with the launch of the new ones. This only increases the disinterest for older dungeons. Not to mention the overvaluation of the new items. It would be very cool a dungeon or trial that dropped some coin as it was in CODG that upgraded in old sets.

On the equipment of the Old Tales event, I do not know why they have not yet been matched with the new ones, something that has already happened for example with the weapons of the season of the CTA event, which by the way must be the best in the game and almost nobody was interested in the event since they had the same rank of exalted Priamals.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Can someone explain to me why itemlevel is so important for some players ??
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    A higher item level means more stats. It is not about the actual item level but what raises it to that level. At least I hope that is their real concern.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    For me, item level is not important except one needs it to enter certain place.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    karvare said:

A higher item level means more stats. It is not about the actual item level but what raises it to that level. At least I hope that is their real concern.

I hope youre right, but then I ask myself the question why I see so many players with high item level performing below average ?
    Like high level tanks getting oneshotted due poor stats… Or high level DPS players ending up at the bottom of paingivers list
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Well, a lot of people aren't very good at the game. Doesn't change the fact a raise in IL for stats is what people want/expect. Personally, I don't really care. Eventually new artifacts will come out for us to upgrade to.
    Improving existing artifacts would be nice, but I don't see it happening.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I still think all event's & pvp artifacts & class sigils should be upgraded to 300 itl. Hell they should have been upgraded along with mod 16 release. ToO journals should have received an auto-upgrade (CTA weapons & ToO neck/belt did get an upgrade to 980 itl later on but artifacts did not change? what kind of logic is that?), rest - via some kind of trade in, kind of like they did with illusionist mask. Events still will keep on running & artifacts will still be listed as top tier reward... Why exactly should we bother if its outdated low-lvl junk now? Not to mention the very limited choice. Sure back in 2013 we had very few options to fill those slots but its not 2013 anymore is it? 5 artifacts this module + one in mod 17. Common... But hey we are talking here about ppl who had the guts to put unchanged wheel of elements into mod 16 lockbox as one of top rewards -_- No telling if this changes will ever happen, logic & consistency be damned.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    All the old artifacts drop from areas that are now level 70. Why should these artifacts be at the same level as the mod16 ones? There are so many old artifacts, and only so many combinations of stats they give, that if they bumped up all the old artifacts, it would make the shiny new mod 16 ones lackluster. There would be little reason for people grind the new artifacts when they can pick from the many mythics they already have in storage.

The ToO should probably be bumped up to encourage people to continue grinding it. But then the devs would have to come up with an upgrade system. So it depends how much resources they want to put into ToO going forward.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I don't happen to think old artifacts should be the same level as the new Mod16 artifacts but I do believe artifacts and other drops should be level appropriate to the area difficulty... Artifacts that drop from level specific areas should be level appropriate to the area difficulty... if an artifact drops in a level 60 area, it should be level appropriate to a level 60 character level - if an artifact drops in a level 70 area it should be level appropriate to a level 70 character and if an artifact drops in a level 80 area it should be level appropriate to a level 80 character...

Of course since Mod16 took so many sub level 70 areas and ("presto-chango") made them level 70 areas with little more effort than making those areas a bit more difficult, there seems to be something missing. Every artifact that drops in those areas should now be leveled up and appropriate for the (Mod16) modified difficulty for those levels .

To me that seems to be either an oversight, the developers raised the difficulty level in some areas to level 70 but forgot to also raise the value of the drops in those areas... or they tend to think players who now find themselves campaigning in a level 70 areas should be good with level 40+, 50+ or 60+ drops from those areas.

I mean what sense does it make to campaign in an area where the difficulty level has been newly raised level 70 - and only get level 50+/- or 60+/- gear from those areas?

DD~
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    want to offer some cool concepts. "Artifact Augmentation".

to keep it under control, make that quest as weekly, one augment shard a week, and costly process to refine, may required crafter to make new final result before upgrading outdated artifacts.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The problem I see is the small number of artifacts considered top tier at the moment. Players are afraid to invest in the large pool of low tier early artifacts as their character grows... knowing that it will become worthless soon.

I think a total artifact rebalancing might be short-lived and a waste of effort. To prevent old artifacts from becoming obsolete... we could have "Powered-Up" artifacts with selectable artifact boosts which are unlocked by consuming other max grade artifacts. Lots of possibilities. Maybe each artifact could have a specific power that it unlocks if/when consumed.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    In the old days when we fed one artifact weapon set into another, more current set, I thought it would be great if the new toys also absorbed the set power of the old.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.