test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arbiter Dps general Discussion

why is it that at 25k with capped stats rogues wizards or rangers of as low as 19k do more damage then my cleric?

I've been playing this "Arbiter" since the day it went out on preview and I feel I have a pretty good understanding of the Feats....but playing with other experienced dps classes my cleric does 1/2 their damage.
Tagged:

Comments

• onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    Its because it´s too slow. The main Problem is you have to manage 3 pipes - Yellow Orange AND divinity. This makes your DC slow as hell and instead of dooing damage when pipes are filled you need the to create divinity :(. Then you build your stacks again to do a little damage.

The divinity costs of all the powers are MUCH too high - or the feat when crit hit you get divinity back is much too weak.
    I posted in class forums that DPS clerics needs rework. Its not fun to play. And you are right - a dps class who knows what to do does even more than double of your damage!

While you filling pipes i kill mobs with my cw. when your pipes are filled and you use them to get divinity back i still dps on my cw. while you fill your pipes againg to do dps - everything is dead.

MY DPS dc (24.3k i stopped upgrading him because with the upgrades im still not wanted and im still too slow) feels much too weak!
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    My Arbiter is very good at cleaning up trash in low level areas very fast. Not so good at end game, but then its not really geared for DPS.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I used to do the yellow/orange back and forth thing. But now I've reduced it to simply Lance of Faith to max orange, Searing Javelin, tab to consume yellow pips for divinity, and repeat. Very good for running DL/MotH in RLQ.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    50% sounds a bit too high. What about gear? I mean, if you are comparing your DPS to someone who had Envenomed Storyteller Journal, Demogorgon set, and the various +3% items, then, yes, there would be a big difference, but with similar gear, the difference should be lower.

Of course, it also depends on the content - Arbiter does poorly when clearing trash - imply because by the time he has built up 6 pips for maximum damage the group may be dead, whereas some other classes may reach the group with a hard-hitting encounter off cooldown....then you run to the next trash mob group, and the arbiter has to start from zero again.

In longer fights the performance is much closer to being equal, though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    adinosii said:

50% sounds a bit too high. What about gear? I mean, if you are comparing your DPS to someone who had Envenomed Storyteller Journal, Demogorgon set, and the various +3% items, then, yes, there would be a big difference, but with similar gear, the difference should be lower.

Of course, it also depends on the content - Arbiter does poorly when clearing trash - imply because by the time he has built up 6 pips for maximum damage the group may be dead, whereas some other classes may reach the group with a hard-hitting encounter off cooldown....then you run to the next trash mob group, and the arbiter has to start from zero again.

In longer fights the performance is much closer to being equal, though.

"In longer fights the performance is much closer to being equal, though"

I really can´t see this - even on boss fights my CW with less gear score but almost similar gear is a beast at single target - there is no way for my DC to be even near the damage of my cw.

What rotation do you suggest on a boss in a longer fight? And are there vids who proove that a dps DC does similar damage on a longer boss fight like a cw? Maybe I do something wrong on my dc - play since beginning of the game but maybe I really miss something on my DC.

Like I have written somewhere - I saw 1 DPS DC on xbox on a 23 min run lomm where he was no 1 damage dealer - but I have no clue what he or she runs - I think it has something to do with prophecy beeing bugged or can be buffed in a way I don´t know. On a whole lomm run in 23 min being no1 in Damage as a dc - no clue how you can manage to do this. But maybe I miss a big point of something.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I've just recently leveled my DC to 80, and geared him up.

As a Arbiter, it feels like all the "fluidity" in the class is totally gone, now it's just feels clunky to build the different "pips", and pop your big hit encounter, use up what little divinty you have left, and back to at-wills...
    I mean hey, it kinda works, but it's just not as fun as the healer/DD the Divine Cleric once was...

Not liking it one bit, will run it as healer when needed, but if damage dealers are needed, I'll go Wiz all the day.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    There are two different "schools of thought" regarding Arbiter rotations. You either alternate between building orange and yellow pips and use encounter spells for both, or you focus just on the orange ones and convert the yellow ones for divinity.

I went for the second approach and am happy with that, so, here is my rotation:
    1. Cast Lance of Faith to build up a few orange pips. If I am in a group, and clearing trash, 2 or 3 pips will have to do - otherwise it is likely that the group will be dead before I get a chance to cast an encounter. In a longer fight, I fill up 6 pips.
    2. If I got one orange pip and Divine Glow is off cooldown and the fight is almost over, I can hit Divine glow to get 6 pips right away (with the Tipping Scales feat).
    3. If Hammer of Fate is ready to cast, and I'm not in close combat where I could get interrupted, I cast that and then immediately hit tab to consume the yellow pips. Go to step 1.
    4. If facing more than 1 opponent, I try to position myself to line them up and then cast Searing Javelin. The Piercing Javelin feat gives me a decent chance of a critical hit and pretty good damage.
    5. If facing just a single opponent I may cast Forgemaster's Flame instead.
    6. In any case, I will now have either one or (because of Sudden Verdict) six yellow pips.
    7. If I got one pip and Divine Glow is off cooldown and the fight is not almost over, I cast Divine Glow and get six yellow pips, otherwise I just hit Tab and consume that single yellow pip.
    8. If I have 6 yellow pips, I may consume them for divinity (which is what really keeps me going through long boss fights), or, if the fight is almost over and my second daily (Guardian of Faith) is ready, I may cast that for a massive radiant strike
    There are many other rotations that work...some people like BtS, Geas or Celestial Prominence ... I really do not think there is a single "best" rotation. I just like this one because it reduces the number of things I have to keep track of as well as the chance of mistakes.
    Hoping for improvements...