test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uprising Preview Patch Notes: NW.115.20190701a.5

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes

Combat and Powers
General
  • Enemy critical strikes now properly deal more damage.
    • Default enemy critical severity is now 50%.
    • The base damage dealt by enemies has been lowered a little to compensate.
  • Gith Endurance now shows up on the character sheet.
  • Resurrection Sickness now properly reduces damage dealt by 10% per stack. Previously, it incorrectly reduced damage dealt by 10%, no matter whether the player had 1 or more stacks.

Items and Economy
Professions
  • Professions can now level up to 80, increased from 70. New tasks are available at the Workshop.

Comments

• fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Maximum artisan level is still 70. Is this intended?
  • nevernixnevernix Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    terramak said:

Release Notes

Combat and Powers
    General

What % had default enemy critical severity before?

Nix*
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @nevernix said:
    > Release Notes
    >
    > Combat and Powers
    > General
    > * Default enemy critical severity is now 50%.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What % had default enemy critical severity before?
    >
    > Nix*

Zero
    Elite Whaleboy
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

Maximum artisan level is still 70. Is this intended?

Just noticed that too :(
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    nevernix said:

terramak said:

Release Notes

Combat and Powers
    General

What % had default enemy critical severity before?

Nix*
    0%.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    @terramak could you confirm wil there be any changes to barbie?
    so i can know whether to start using another toon .
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Back to professions:

-- Level 71 to 77 potions are stronger than Masterwork Rank 5 potions? And they persist through death? Tell me again why I farmed all those Chultan Tea Leaves?

-- Are you going to add stronger Armor Kits and Jewels at Level 80? In the long run, that’s been one of the few things that’s made professions worthwhile.

-- I agree with other posters that we should be able to craft companion gear in both normal and masterwork professions.

You can add onto this the new profession tools are all +550/+550 .... the same as the current legendary tools, basically making them and all the masterwork tools obsolete. That's quite a jump there ... is this really what the devs intend?
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    so they lying again.. whats new :p
  • murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I can confirm mobs are hitting for significantly more damage in both Blacklake District and Tower District. I had planned to try out the Gith race and the new revamped introductory zones but after glitches with the Theft of Crown quest that left me stranded in instance zone with no way out and now inability to kill orcs for initial tower quests I have abandoned that plan. Why make patches on Friday night for us people that have to work during the week end up with unplayable game.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

This is not specific to this patch, and some of it is holdover from Mod 16, but I’m not sure where else to put it right now.

1) People will be forever confusing “TOMM” and “LOMM”. Consider using a different name. “Mad Mage’s Tower” (MMT) would suffice… or “Halaster’s Tower” (HT) … etc.

2) In planning how I’m going to get to 24k… I looked in greater detail at companions, and it seems that:

A) Companions that provide Bolster % do not contribute to IL.

B ) All companion Player Bonus Powers contribute exactly 100 IL, regardless of the quality of your companion (and thus the magnitude of the player bonus powers). I would expect that the IL of the power would be: (sum of rating points added)/20… with some kind of allowance for the powers that aren’t rating boosts. Not having this correct contributes to how IL is an unrealistic measure of a players’ expected performance.

C) The Player Bonus Power on the companion tooltip should say *which* kind of power it is: Offense, Defense, Utility. Also, the tooltip should stat what the Enhancement power (the pink one) is. (This is important, because you can’t “inspect” a companion in the AH or Collections.)

D) The companion Stats and Powers tab, in the several places that it appears, should say what the Player Bonus Power for that companion is. (Or perhaps you could fit it on the Companion/Summoned tab)

3) Why a 12,000 point Enemy Rating boost? That seems extreme considering that new (and hard to get) armor is only getting boosted 30 IL or so. Companion gear a bit more, granted. But still. About 10% of the players I see as I do MEs and LOMM are going to be able to do that, perhaps until further mods raise the armor level even more. Even if you’re trying to encourage people to rank up their enchants to max (obviously that’s a big revenue source), that’s still very marginal(*) -- enchants don’t contribute enough to IL to make that much of a difference -- and it will leave a lot of players out.

(* For example, you can gain 1223 IL by going from a full set (18) of 3-stat rank 10s to rank 15s.)

Yeah, I was thinking the same... most players wouldn't be able to get into the new skirmish in a few months...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    > @lordseth1985 said:
    > This is not specific to this patch, and some of it is holdover from Mod 16, but I’m not sure where else to put it right now.
    >
    > 1) People will be forever confusing “TOMM” and “LOMM”. Consider using a different name. “Mad Mage’s Tower” (MMT) would suffice… or “Halaster’s Tower” (HT) … etc.
    >
    >
    > 2) In planning how I’m going to get to 24k… I looked in greater detail at companions, and it seems that:
    >
    > A) Companions that provide Bolster % do not contribute to IL.
    >
    > B ) All companion Player Bonus Powers contribute exactly 100 IL, regardless of the quality of your companion (and thus the magnitude of the player bonus powers). I would expect that the IL of the power would be: (sum of rating points added)/20… with some kind of allowance for the powers that aren’t rating boosts. Not having this correct contributes to how IL is an unrealistic measure of a players’ expected performance.
    >
    > C) The Player Bonus Power on the companion tooltip should say *which* kind of power it is: Offense, Defense, Utility. Also, the tooltip should stat what the Enhancement power (the pink one) is. (This is important, because you can’t “inspect” a companion in the AH or Collections.)
    >
    > D) The companion Stats and Powers tab, in the several places that it appears, should say what the Player Bonus Power for that companion is. (Or perhaps you could fit it on the Companion/Summoned tab)
    >
    >
    > 3) Why a 12,000 point Enemy Rating boost? That seems extreme considering that new (and hard to get) armor is only getting boosted 30 IL or so. Companion gear a bit more, granted. But still. About 10% of the players I see as I do MEs and LOMM are going to be able to do that, perhaps until further mods raise the armor level even more. Even if you’re trying to encourage people to rank up their enchants to max (obviously that’s a big revenue source), that’s still very marginal(*) -- enchants don’t contribute enough to IL to make that much of a difference -- and it will leave a lot of players out.
    >
    > (* For example, you can gain 1223 IL by going from a full set (18) of 3-stat rank 10s to rank 15s.)
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, I was thinking the same... most players wouldn't be able to get into the new skirmish in a few months...

Thats because its not intended for most players.
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User

You can add onto this the new profession tools are all +550/+550 .... the same as the current legendary tools, basically making them and all the masterwork tools obsolete. That's quite a jump there ... is this really what the devs intend?

The +1 versions of those tools will be +575/+575, i.e., only 25 points short of the Forgehammer.
    I'm hoping this is just a short term oversight... All the Epic and Legendary tools plus the Forge Hammer should be set above the 550/550 white versions of new level 80 tools. Making Epic 600, Leg 650 and the Hammer 700 at least.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Since it's (still) not fixed on M17 preview at the moment, I'll take the bad role and ask this:

Can somebody PLEASE fix the Barbarian's stamina regeneration delay once and for all?

We're the only class with a delay on its regeneration, and it's a real handicap on M16 since there are stuns everywhere and no lifesteal anymore to compensate that problem. I shouldn't have to wear an Elven Battle just for the sake of compensating a class-related bug.

I beg you just fix it to make Barb's stamina on par with other classes. We already can't dodge/block the runes on ME, at least fix our regeneration delay...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    please don't devalue the tools in mw that we've already spent for. please do not devalue the forgehammer. please don't nuke professions. pretty please even?
  • tebtengri#5279 tebtengri Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Would like to see Lock heals boosted(not even necessarily magnitude, spark regen improvement or gain would work)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

please don't devalue the tools in mw that we've already spent for. please do not devalue the forgehammer. please don't nuke professions. pretty please even?

Indeed. A lot of people have put a lot of effort into professions - and seeing all that hard work being devalued is somewhat demotivating.

I don't know if we will get any useful L80 recipes, but speaking as someone who has actually gotten max rank masterwork in all professions, I have been hoping that all my hard work would eventually pay off.

Today, with no new masterwork recipes, and new entry-level tools surpassing the legendary tools, I am concerned.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Indeed. A lot of people have put a lot of effort into professions - and seeing all that hard work being devalued is somewhat demotivating.

I don't know if we will get any useful L80 recipes, but speaking as someone who has actually gotten max rank masterwork in all professions, I have been hoping that all my hard work would eventually pay off.

Today, with no new masterwork recipes, and new entry-level tools surpassing the legendary tools, I am concerned.
    I'm in the same spot (more or less. i have one profession not there) I'm finding this more concerning than all of mod 16...
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I tried to do Blacklake quest as new player but it's almost impossible with the current amount of damage. 2 mobs can easily kill you, more than 2 mobs is impossible. Please remove that critical severity of enemies, it's a non sense. You're on time, don't make the same mistakes as mod 16.
    Post edited by martelis1981 on
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

dontez1 said:

The +1 versions of those tools will be +575/+575, i.e., only 25 points short of the Forgehammer.

I'm hoping this is just a short term oversight... All the Epic and Legendary tools plus the Forge Hammer should be set above the 550/550 white versions of new level 80 tools. Making Epic 600, Leg 650 and the Hammer 700 at least.
    While that would be nice, I doubt it, maybe unless there’s some huge outcry on the scale of the scaling issues. These new tools fit the progression of the previous tools (remember there are some around the ~72-74 level as well), just as the new recipes’ prof/focus do, and “fill in” some of the space between level 70 and masterwork prof/focus values.

A new tool also requires people to acquire and upgrade it, which gives Cryptic a new thing to add to events, gives new players an easier time catching up, and makes them a bit of revenue from refining marks/stones. And they still seem to want to drive older players away, which they’ve really been quite successful at.

So…. that’s what I’d expect. On the other hand, I didn’t expect that they’d boost weapons to IL 980 and would instead “fill in” some of the space between previous weapons and MW weapons. So, I could be completely wrong about this….
    That gear is getting outdated as game evolves is normal MMORPG business.
This discussion has been closed.