test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

QoL professions request

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
Hi , can we get a use all morale crafting button please as it is a pain when crafting gold rings etc to have to press the craft button , wait for the response . Press enter to put it into the bags then repeat a further 79 times .
If there was a single use craft button to do all that it would vastly improve the overall effectiveness of professions .
It takes me about 2 hours in all to get all my toons morale crafting done .
If there was a single button option to use it should be able to cut that down to at least 30 mins tops .

Comments

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    First, Morale was meant to be used for EMERGENCIES!!!!! When you absolutely, positively, FEDEX Need it NOW!!!!!, not for everyday crafting using the 3 crafting and 3 gathering slots.

Morale crafting was meant to be for Rush Jobs.

For 10 characters, it takes me about 2 hours to do beginning of day setup for all characters, including emptying all the delivery boxes and checking all new employee applications. I do very little Rush jobs, unless i NEED to.
  • auntcrisauntcris Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    @grogthemagnif Thank you for sharing your workshop management decisions.

@pelgrax I agree that anything to reduce clicks in this game is a good thing, My fingers are close to the end of warranty.

But rather than a Use All Morale button, I'd rather be able to enter a quantity before clicking Craft. Since i micro manage my workshop morale, i often change what i'm crafting and don't want to use ALL my morale making one item.

Maybe the default quantity could be the maximum items you could make for the selected item with your remaining morale. That would be slick and cover both our concerns.

An additional qol suggestion; Add a context menu choice to Sell All, meaning sell all exact copies of an item (Hartshorn Ring +1 for example). That would reduce my double clicks by about 500/day. And save loads of time.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you aren't using the crafting slots normally, try this. Set the task you want to spend morale on as a repeat, then use the button to view tasks. Press the button to Finish Now and then press '1' to immediately confirm. You will have to stop occasionally and empty your inbox but this is much faster and easier on the hands.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,212 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I think doing the 'normal' way would be easier.
    Move the mouse to the moral button. Don't move the mouse.
    Click the mouse and then hit 'Enter'.
    You can even spam it as keep clicking the mouse and hitting 'Enter' at the same time without watching (make sure you don't move the mouse).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    The only parts of the new professions that have Mass Processing now are mass Gathering, and Mass potions. We really need mass processing of Mass gathered materials and Mass gathering of advanced component items - Armor plates, Rings and scales, Cloths, leather types on beyond simple leathers, Alchemical materials like Stilled water, etc. to help with the Delivery box congestion.

As long as you are at it, check to make sure that all the green (uncommon) items we make can be made for less than 10sp 13cp by an Artisan with 0% added Commission and at 0% added speed. If they can't, you (the company) had better bump the prices up so each and every final item makes at least some profit at 0% added Commission and at 0% added speed.
  • auntcrisauntcris Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    pitshade said:

If you aren't using the crafting slots normally, try this. Set the task you want to spend morale on as a repeat, then use the button to view tasks. Press the button to Finish Now and then press '1' to immediately confirm. You will have to stop occasionally and empty your inbox but this is much faster and easier on the hands.

Thank you for reminding me about that method. I tried it that way, but, at least on the PC, it's bugged. I may or may not get one "Finish Now" click to work, but then nothing happens when i click it again. I'll try that again if/when the bug is gone.
  • skajikskajik Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    You can move the crafting window on the screen until the morale crafting button lines up with the collect results button, then all you have to do is keep clicking in the same spot until you run out of morale, inventory space, or materials.

Definitely would like to see a QoL improvement here in the morale crafting and vendor selling to save my index finger and left mouse button.