test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wilfred? *spoilers*

So I popped on to the preview server to try out the new intro, I quite enjoyed how much more immersive it felt taking part in the defense of neverwinter against valindra and countering the nashers trying to take advantage of the situation. I did have one immediate thought upon entering the sleeping dragon bridge - Where's my man Wilfred!? Does this mean Deathforge is changed too? Sadly it has not and while I and many others will always have the memory of our dear Wilfred how are new players meant to feel enough of a connection to mournfully call his name as his fate is revealed? He may appear later on in a new and gripping story, in which case ignore me, but since the game crashes everytime I try to hand in the quest to Sgt Knox after returning from the vaults I'll just have to wait and see...

R.I.P Wilfred, gone but not forgotten

Comments

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    rik#8206 said:

So I popped on to the preview server to try out the new intro, I quite enjoyed how much more immersive it felt taking part in the defense of neverwinter against valindra and countering the nashers trying to take advantage of the situation. I did have one immediate thought upon entering the sleeping dragon bridge - Where's my man Wilfred!? Does this mean Deathforge is changed too? Sadly it has not and while I and many others will always have the memory of our dear Wilfred how are new players meant to feel enough of a connection to mournfully call his name as his fate is revealed? He may appear later on in a new and gripping story, in which case ignore me, but since the game crashes everytime I try to hand in the quest to Sgt Knox after returning from the vaults I'll just have to wait and see...

Still waiting for my Zombie Wilfred comp, HAMSTER it!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    rik#8206 said:

I haven't tried a new character on Preview yet. Does Knox still react to Wilfred being dead when you first arrive? Will the shrine to him on the bridge when you start CN also have to go?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • redmage#9046 redmage Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I had forgotten about his little memorial there, will have to check it out. Knox has a differnt dialogue altogether to go with the new intro but hopefully Wilfred will get a new little story all his own that will have new players mourning his fate in the deathforge and laying flowers on the sleeping dragon bridge
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I generally like the revamps, but I do personally dislike the change with regards to Wilfred. I think his death really set the tone for the game in a good way which made is reappearance as subsequent "freedom" a neat sort of easter egg in the game.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Well, whenever you notice something like that a ̶w̶i̶z̶a̶r̶d̶ makos did it.

Well, whenever you notice something like that a ̶w̶i̶z̶a̶r̶d̶ makos did it.

I lich this...
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    rik#8206 said:

...how are new players meant to feel enough of a connection to mournfully call his name as his fate is revealed? ...

I thought it was only me and my friends that did this. :)
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    hustin1 said:

rik#8206 said:

Will the shrine to him on the bridge when you start CN also have to go?
    Woah... I have never noticed that! O.O
    FrozenFire

hustin1 said:

rik#8206 said:

It even has a lore clicky on it. Get it while you can.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    hustin1 said:

hustin1 said:

rik#8206 said:

Hmm.... I don't see anything...

Is it somewhere else or maybe I already did it and forgot?
    FrozenFire
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The shrine is there but only during the quest to aquire class sigil artifact.

hustin1 said:

rik#8206 said:

it is also featured at the beginning of The Vault of the Nine quest...

hustin1 said:

hustin1 said:

rik#8206 said:

Hmm.... I don't see anything...

Is it somewhere else or maybe I already did it and forgot?
    You're too far forward. As soon as you spawn on the bridge, turn to your right.