test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Campaign boons for Alts ....

pantha7pantha7 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
Can you make the unlocked boons of our main shareable with our alts because signet of patronage is one big fail...including endless grinding-farming which is boring,time consuming and tedious for the old players of the game...
We need a vote for this ..NO MORE GRINDING ....

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    They just made the dungeon unlocks account wide. They are making the campaigns a bit easier (not super easy) on alts in a couple weeks. The only thing left would be the boons. If they make those account wide, the patronage system is pointless and you might as well make campaign progress account wide at that point.

I will admit I was surprised by the account wide unlock of dungeons. From our view, it seems this was a single devs decision and I have a feeling the financial dept may be going "wait, you did WHAT??" when that goes live, as there will be almost no point in buying campaign unlocks then (while boons are important for a regular toon, they aren't THAT critical and if you are desperate enough to go fishing for an alt to fill a role, you can probably make it work).

Taking that one step further and going to sharing boons would mean there is no point in the campaign unlocks (most people buy those for alts so that they have the dungeons and boons...this would eliminate those reasons entirely).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    pantha7 said:

Can you make the unlocked boons of our main shareable with our alts because signet of patronage is one big fail...including endless grinding-farming which is boring,time consuming and tedious for the old players of the game...
    We need a vote for this ..NO MORE GRINDING ....

1. It will not happen.
    2. Our vote means nothing.
    3. They have been selling campaign unlock packs. They won't give up the cash cow.
    4. It will really po those paid and bought the packs.
    5. It has to be time consuming and tedious enough so that many can't bear with it and buy the campaign unlock packs.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I agree with oldbaldyone, mostly. The bonuses from boons are rather a lot. I have a character for each class with one my main, the alts are now well equipped from hand me downs. Working on one right now and when planning out the character the boons become a significant contributor to the stats I am working on, as much as insignia IMOH. Not arguing or anything just a current observation of making a character.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

I will admit I was surprised by the account wide unlock of dungeons. From our view, it seems this was a single devs decision and I have a feeling the financial dept may be going "wait, you did WHAT??" when that goes live, as there will be almost no point in buying campaign unlocks then (while boons are important for a regular toon, they aren't THAT critical and if you are desperate enough to go fishing for an alt to fill a role, you can probably make it work).

my exact thought when I saw it
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    There is an adjustment coming to make this easier. My 2 penneth is that things like the store unlocks in SKT should be account wide, but boons should be earned per toon.

The account wide dungeon unlock is to prevent people abusing random queues, or not being able to use them at all depending on exactly what restrictions they put on them.
    edited October 2017
    pantha7 said:

what we get from this is .... (sry if iam misunderstanding this) ...pay to get boons for your alts....
    campaign completion pack unlocks all the campaign...i only want the three unlocked boons from my main...
    Is this reasonable ...? i have to pay 50 bucks for zen to get the three boons i want for my alt ...? ..kind of lol...

Not all campaigns. Pay one for one campaign (of your choice) for one toon. You don't have to pay. You can do what others did. Just grind it.

In short, if you want stuff free, grind. If you want stuff fast, pay.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Outside of SKT, the other campaigns really aren't all that bad and the SKT boons are pretty weak if I remember right. Just complete the campaign....its not worth 50 bucks in my opinion just to complete it faster and moist campaigns take only a few minutes a day.

Keep in mind that any time you convert Zen to real dollars, its going to be skewed for one reason, the Zen Exchange. $50 sounds like a lot to most people. However, 2.5 million AD doesn't, even though they are basically the same thing on PC. AD is just too plentiful and the conversion rates go crazy when you try and balance AD bought zen and real money bought zen.
  • larphielarphie Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I've been wanting to post something like this ever since mod16 made my main unplayable (untill recently that is).
    One of my alts was doing pretty good, and I've been putting time and effort in building that one. Unfortunately, the campaigns were slacking behind horribly. Aside from the frustration that stirred up for having to make all that campaign progress again, other things, like being unable to make keys for some of the random daily dungeons, was pretty annoying too.

In my opinion, because of the patronage system, making all campaign progress account wide would be too much to ask, so my thoughts were, how about making campaign progress (and with it the boons obviously) swappable between mains/alts ?! There would ofcourse have to be a limit to this swapping (otherwise it would be the same as making it account wide). So that could be once or twice a year or something, and with mods like 16, an extra swap opportunity could be given. Something similar to the resetting of powers, abilities and feats.

Cheers.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    -snip-
    :s
    Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
    Sigh! This is a dead thread since 2017.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Which kind of brings up an interesting point...

Why aren't dead threads either locked or put in unviewable storage after a couple of years?

Moderators say we aren't suppose practice necromancy and resurrect old threads... but then there are apparently some long dead threads just hanging out there waiting for someone to do just that.
    DD~