test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Healer's lament

kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
edited July 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Below are some advice for player to help your healer do their job,

1. Please stay group up. Unless you are confident that u wont get hit or damaged or u do not need heal. If u does get hit for some reason, run back to your group to get the heal. Why? Because healer's healing aoe has a limited circle of radius. If u stayed too far from each other, the healer need to spam multiple heals to keep the group hp up compare to just one heal if u stayed group. Spamming unnecessary heals are dreaded by healer. It drains the hell out of divinity for no reason.

2. Don't panic and stay where u are. For some reason when the aggro is on someone, they started to dodge/run in every direction across the map. Subsequently, they dodge every heal u toss at them and complain the healer aren't doing their job. Be patience and tank the damage for abit so the healer could get off their heal on u. Dodge only when its an attack that could 1 shot u from full hp. Dodging heals is one way to kill the group. Not only u drain and waste the healer divinity by not getting the heal in, u divert the healer attention away from the group.

3. Try to stay in healer line of sight. The tip is stay near to the one with aggro ( usually the tank ). This is especially helpful for the healer in a situation where u are attacked by adds and the healer need to keep an eye on both of u and the tank. Or during Acturia phase when u get cocoon, at least the healer sees it. Saves the healer time to look for u.

Its not just the job of a healer to heal. It is also your job to let the healer heal u in the most efficient manner.
Post edited by kangkeok on

Comments

• jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I believe If the tank dies it's the healer's fault, if the healer dies it's the tank's fault, if DPS die it's their own fault.

These days often enough DPS charge in front of tank and healer to race for top DPS, then blame the tank/healer when things screwed up.

If tank does their job right the boss be focusing on most attacks Tank,
    Maybe it will occasionally toss some AoE to DPS which the DPS should be able to dodge it or use pots/stone of health.

As a Healer i normally just focus on tank when there is extra resources only heal on DPSer
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Yea, I only prioritize those that have the aggro. If the tank is not holding aggro, I'm not healing him either. It just that those that had aggro need to calm down and stop dodging at every turn. Its just make healing them more difficult. Its ok to dodge attack that could one shot u but not at every non lethal attack. Imagine a CW that blink all over the map. Its like playing whack a mole game. When ur stamina depleted and the healer divinity depleted, u are gonna die anyway, only that this time, the healer wont have the divinity to save anyone else and party wipe follows.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    kangkeok said:

1. Please stay group up. Unless you are confident that u wont get hit or damaged or u do not need heal. If u does get hit for some reason, run back to your group to get the heal. Why? Because healer's healing aoe has a limited circle of radius. If u stayed too far from each other, the healer need to spam multiple heals to keep the group hp up compare to just one heal if u stayed group. Spamming unnecessary heals are dreaded by healer. It drains the hell out of divinity for no reason.

2. Don't panic and stay where u are. For some reason when the aggro is on someone, they started to dodge/run in every direction across the map. Subsequently, they dodge every heal u toss at them and complain the healer aren't doing their job. Be patience and tank the damage for abit so the healer could get off their heal on u. Dodge only when its an attack that could 1 shot u from full hp. Dodging heals is one way to kill the group. Not only u drain and waste the healer divinity by not getting the heal in, u divert the healer attention away from the group.

3. Try to stay in healer line of sight. The tip is stay near to the one with aggro ( usually the tank ). This is especially helpful for the healer in a situation where u are attacked by adds and the healer need to keep an eye on both of u and the tank. Or during Acturia phase when u get cocoon, at least the healer sees it. Saves the healer time to look for u.

Its not just the job of a healer to heal. It is also your job to let the healer heal u in the most efficient manner.

As a Cleric I have to wonder about players who attempt to dodge one mob and wind up running into two or three more... I'm wondering if the best use of my limited healing - with long cool down timers is that player... :/

Something I find absolutely hilarious are the players who think they can - or still can - run off and abandoned their party, wind up getting killed have to resurrect back to the healing circle because there's no one around them then do the same thing again. Yeah they need to stock up on Stones of Health and Injury Kits :skull: because this healer's going to be sticking with the majority of the group, not some run away who abandons everyone else in their party.

Also aside from quite a few of the cleric's healing feats, encounters and at-wills being nerfed or removed all together, since Mod 16, like I said - sometimes we run into excessively long cool down timers especially if we're having to throw a lot of healing all around the map instead of one general area so most healers are going to prioritize their efforts and those that seem to be their own worst enemy are usually going to be on the short end of the stick.

DD~
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    dionchi said:

kangkeok said:

As a Cleric I have to wonder about players who attempt to dodge one mob and wind up running into two or three more... I'm wondering if the best use of my limited healing - with long cool down timers is that player... :/

Something I find absolutely hilarious are the players who think they can - or still can - run off and abandoned their party, wind up getting killed have to resurrect back to the healing circle because there's no one around them then do the same thing again. Yeah they need to stock up on Stones of Health and Injury Kits :skull: because this healer's going to be sticking with the majority of the group, not some run away who abandons everyone else in their party.

Also aside from quite a few of the cleric's healing feats, encounters and at-wills being nerfed or removed all together, since Mod 16, like I said - sometimes we run into excessively long cool down timers especially if we're having to throw a lot of healing all around the map instead of one general area so most healers are going to prioritize their efforts and those that seem to be their own worst enemy are usually going to be on the short end of the stick.

Yea.. I don't bothered with wanderer that's not in my healing range either. Even if they do, I'll toss in a heal just out kindness. Its up to them to rendezvous with the team.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    dionchi said:

kangkeok said:

"My God made me take an oath not to heal the stoopid."
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    END of LOMM..The final boss of LOMM is NEVER the healers fault...REPEAT it is not the HEALERS fault. there is NOTHING the healer can do to stop the party from dying at the end. HG does almost nothing. It does not block any damage, but it does provide a heal so if you have a few HP after the initial blast i guess that's helpful. So when you die at the end it is NOT the Healer. The DPS was either too slow or they do not have enough HP. Maybe the Tank can mitigate some damage, That I don't know...
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Also, I run a Rogue at times. Rogues can dodge into a hit and still be immune to the damage. So when rogues dodge they take no damage from initial hit and no damage for i think 2 seconds after the roll. But My rogue ALWAYS takes less damage than everyone. that's what they do. if you have to heal the rogue more than a couple times (outside of some un-dodgeable AOE), the person playing the rogue is really bad.