test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Riposte Damage

dukeguard#8158 dukeguard Member Posts: 106 Arc User
I've been playing the new pally in the current mod for a while now and I find our riposte damage from the vengeance aura (10 magnitude) and binding oath (50 magnitude) to be pretty lacklustre. Anyone shares my thoughts?

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    How much are you getting for a proc off Vengeance?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • dukeguard#8158 dukeguard Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    A measly 600ish damage from the vengeance aura about 3kish with binding oath. Was in stronghold area fighting enemies. Damage is just laughable. 10 magnitude is just too low.
    Post edited by dukeguard#8158 on
  • bullrathbullrath Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    yea i agree the dmg for both Aura of Vengence and Binding Oath preety low.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I find that AoV provides 4-9% of my damage done. It does about the same percentage as Retaliation boon and can proc several times in a second. Each hit when not dodged does between 600ish to 2000ish damage, when dodged 300ish.

Using ACT I found that on rare occasions a target may be immune to a strike of AoV, in one instance the Swampthing like boss in an ME took 8 hits of AoV in 1 sec with 2 of those hits registering an immunity to damage and the other hits being over 1000 points.
    karvare said:

I find that AoV provides 4-9% of my damage done. It does about the same percentage as Retaliation boon and can proc several times in a second. Each hit when not dodged does between 600ish to 2000ish damage, when dodged 300ish.

Using ACT I found that on rare occasions a target may be immune to a strike of AoV, in one instance the Swampthing like boss in an ME took 8 hits of AoV in 1 sec with 2 of those hits registering an immunity to damage and the other hits being over 1000 points.

In your opinion do you find the dmg low?

edited July 2019
    It really depends, between retaliation and AoV I have a good amount of AoE damage which helps with large amount of mobs.

Altho, if running with end game players, the chances for it to proc may drop as mobs die before they can do damage. Also it can be dodged. Over 23k your results may change.

But for me, yes it combined with retaliation provide around 10% or more of my damage in an AoE attack and I feel it helps keep agro management much easier.

I have just started using ACT again recently and do not have a lot of results to compare yet, but I will be using AoV. I am using the divinity regeneration ability and don't find any aura or other to use. I save my divinity for the auto shield mechanic so don't need to buff smite.

Additionally it can hit the same target multiple times and gets CA but does not seem to crit. Have seen 5 and more hits on same target in a 1 second time frame with an average hit of over 1000 points.
    Imo we as tanks already suffer from 10% dmg reduction although it doesn't really make a big difference I can't help but feel the 10 magnitude (20 if using the divine champion mechanic) is too low. Most of the time we will be holding up our shields and the only way to deal dmg is by riposting blows from the mobs and bosses. I feel like I'm not contributing enough other than being a meat shield most of the time.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

Imo we as tanks already suffer from 10% dmg reduction although it doesn't really make a big difference I can't help but feel the 10 magnitude (20 if using the divine champion mechanic) is too low. Most of the time we will be holding up our shields and the only way to deal dmg is by riposting blows from the mobs and bosses. I feel like I'm not contributing enough other than being a meat shield most of the time.

Like or not, the powers that be wants it that way. Must have tank and healer mantra and all that stuff. I don't think people would feel as bad if they got rid of the leader board at the end of a run unless you are running DPS of course.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I get about 900 damage from a basic tic of AoV. Given it can proc every time you get hit, I'm actually fine with that.

I don't run Binding, better powers for getting outgoing damage and keeping aggro. *shrug*

I also don't live behind my shield.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    After more testing, AoV is averaging around 4% of my damage. It goes from as low as 2% to as much as 10%.
    It averages, for me, a little over 900 damage, and as I stated before can proc multiple times in a second.

At 4% it may be small, but a somewhat steady of flow of AoE damage is better for me, than any other of the choices.
    edited July 2019
    Just had this thought, do the AoV dmg that your group procs off themselves count as your dmg and adds to your threat? Still I would like a bit more boost to AoV's dmg because 10 magnitude is like meh.