test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Uprising Preview Patch Notes: NW.115.20190701a.3

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
For this post, this will just include the highlights of the new module. More detailed patch notes will come later.

Highlights

New Story: Uprising
Kavatos has a lead on a new disturbance, thanks to the mysterious appearance of a githzerai envoy. Follow this fellow to a newly-discovered location in the realm-twisting depths of Undermountain, find out more about the githzerai and their storied past, and lend your aid in a war against the illithid menace.

New Trial: Tower of the Mad Mage
Halaster's not too happy about bands of old foes newly encroaching on Undermountain, and it's up to you to bear the brunt of his wrath and to strike back. This 10-player Trial is the most challenging yet. Can you stand against the reality-shaping powers of Halaster the Mad Mage?

New Player Race: Gith
Not only can you help the githzerai in their fight, you can play as one, too! During Uprising's time on NeverwinterPreview, players will be able to create gith characters of their own, and aid Neverwinter just as Neverwinter's heroes will aid the gith. Further information will come later on unlock requirements post-launch.

Appearance System
Our new Appearance System allows players to add any Armor or Dye acquired in the game into a library of Appearance options available for your character. Players now will be able to choose items and colors from their library to override the appearance of any gear or fashion slot, rather than needing to transmute individual items. No matter what your armor really is or how often you change it, it will always look like the appearance override that you’ve chosen.

Early-Game Content Touch-ups
The opening chapters of the game have been smoothed out for a more engaging introductory experience. Please let us know how you feel about it!

Protector's Enclave Remodeling
Lord Neverember has invested more gold into Protector's Enclave's appearance, hoping to attract more wealth and commerce to the area. Certain textures have been improved, including the sky. The mount display area has been moved to the town crier's area that previously held the job boards, and the event dais is now more central to the market area, where the mounts display area used to be.

Notification Improvements
There will be less spam when others gain lockbox rewards! There is now a pop-up element that defaults toward the top of the screen, but can be moved in the Rearrange HUD menu (in the ESC menu). In addition, there is now a "Notification Settings" button in the ESC menu that allows players to set whether certain information gets sent to chat at all, or shown on the screen as visible notifications. Chat channel filters are still where they used to be; the Notification Settings can control whether specific notification types get sent to chat at all.

Enjoy! Official feedback threads will be posted over the next few days.

Comments

• dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User

Also please put more effort into the beginners quests, there are so many many new players that get tired of them, and quit when reaching Tower District.

Well they already listened to your feedback OMG they are fast.. The beginning is different (no arrow collecting and a dragon fight O.O) and wait so is Tower District wow they changed stuff around already! Great Job!

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Cant wait for the new appearance system
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    ya the highlights are a bit meh almost like...heres the stuff we dropped from undermountain 4 months later.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    xxaaaxx said:

That jerk hasn't even made good on our promissory notes yet, but he's spending gold to remodel the city?? Sonuva...

If the overhauled fashion system is what I think it is, it's long overdue and is exactly what I've always hoped NW would implement. Let us unlock visuals and swap freely. We'll see about the rest of the content. Seems a little light, especially since this'll likely be it mod-wise until 2020, unless they rush to squeeze something else in before the holidays.

I foresee the jerk reply, " Well, Its political. The better the city becomes, the higher the tax we are able to collect. That means bigger payroll for u. :) "
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    The new fashion system feels a bit clunky, I might just not be used to it yet. I liked the new intro mission but, please tell Makos to stop spamming fireballs! I spent more time dodging his attacks than fighting Zombies. Not that he actually does anything to them.

I liked the Fact that Makos survived Valindra though, it always seemed odd that we never gave that poor Private a healing potion when we had them stashed on our belt. Basically the poor guy just died through our avarice because we wouldn't give him a potion.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    xxaaaxx said:

Seems a little light, especially since this'll likely be it mod-wise until 2020, unless they rush to squeeze something else in before the holidays.

If they follow their normal mod cycle there should be another mod in late November/early December.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    No updates to professions for level 80 or Masterwork items? That's a disappointment ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    OK, Had another look at the new fashions options and, It's VERY clunky! I've got several dye options I've recieved from various dye packs but, no way to apply all the dye options from one pack simultaneously. I used to be able to just add all three dye colours to a garment at once and I do appreciate that I can change colours individually but. I kind of liked the option to use the dye packs.

I miss just clicking on a dye pack and having the whole garment change colour. Now I need to select each colour individually. And I don't even know which colours I was using previously! I can, after many false starts, select a colour scheme that looks similar to one of the dye packs but, I've no way of knowing if it is the right colours. I liked those colours and was using them for a reason! Please give us the ability to apply all the colours from a dye pack to a garment with just one click!

Also the ability to save colour patterns across characters would be nice, All I'd need to do then is, buy the right dye pack(s) and load a colour scheme from a file. Much easier than creating a spread sheet that sits next to my computer, full of all the various colour combinations I have used!
  • phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    After starting preview server, me and my friend both have an item in the overflow bag.

We both have free space in crafting inventory, in normal inventory and in Other currencies. We cannot transfer it and have to discard it. What is this item and is it needed?

I can now level profession to lvl 71 (and probably further). Are there going to be new profession recipes in addition to that?

Post edited by phoenira on
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    @terramak
    Please add ability to disable the visuals of the shield in OP, GF classes.

Thanks so much
  • passthabong1988#1625 passthabong1988 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Can we please just get more qued content per mod vs just 1 qued peice of qued content? So many people could genuinely care less about fashion, pets and running time gated daily/weekly rng gated quest for a peice of gear...can we please get back to running quest/Dungeons as much as a player likes/needs to obtain a specific peice of gear? Give us players a reason to genuinely want/need to run the new content while making older content relevant again..as it stands there is absolutely no reason to run say lomm over castle never because at the end of the day it's the same black opals/blood rubies and gear of refinement points or gear that absolutely nobody with a brain wants to equip..😔 I'll admit the new dungeon/skimerish looks amazing but there is absolutely no reason for players to run them once the new wears off and what little loot drops bottoms out in value or is deemed as junk..please make loot tables for all dungeons relevant again. Revive pvp and genuinely keep it relevant for a change rather than allow it to become stale and out dated (maybe add a loot reward or a ad payout?)..you have a great system already but it's in major need of adjustments. As for my last suggestion add a refinement option to the shared bank like you did for AD and compaion tokens please..I'm sure more players than just myself would truly be grateful for that quality of life addition. Sincerely, Tiny_devotion
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Wow. I haven't been on preview yet, but this all sounds really good. One thing I'm hoping for in the new fashion system: the ability to apply the dye colors from items with "dungeon dye pack" or "questing dye pack" to other items. Here is the use case: my CW wears a couple "Arcane Overseer" items. They use a special shade of red that isn't available anywhere else, and a full set of Arcane Overseer armor was never created -- there are no head or arm pieces. I can find appropriately matching *model* pieces but there is no current way to dye them with the matching shade of red. The red shade I need has a slight amount of blue in it -- it isn't pure red.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    There's quite a bunch of new gear dropping from ME, especially speaking about companion gear. Will check but hoping there's be some RNG mitigation to help against that giant loot table.
    Overall looks like a nice job, looking forward to try the trial too!
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Just a thought...

With the current companion slot-based system recently introduced with Mod 16, please consider adjusting those slots based on player role. Yes, its good that Barbarians/Fighters/Paladins have 3 defensive slots when running as Tanks, but if the player wants to play the alternative role of DPS/Healer, shouldn't there be 3 offensive slots (or something more appropriate) for those roles?

Perhaps a drop-down menu to toggle between individual slots?

Any chance of having a separate inventory exclusively for companion gear, and we can buy extra slots as needed?
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I found Makos strange to have hang out with you on the Bridge. The guy just one shot a Dracolich and now he's struggling to get anything done about some zombies, just standing around watching mostly. Otherwise the changes to the intro quest are pretty good.

The Appearance Tab is good, but the fashion option isn't immediately clear I found, perhaps a little turotial window click through?

Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The new fashion system doesn't take into account belt visuals, the belt section in the appearance tab is grayed out and says you can't change the appearances for this slot. This is a problem since the transmute system is no longer in place and anyone with belt visuals can't transfer their belt visuals to new gear as it comes out. Please fix this before launch.

Several older and low level belts in this game have visuals, here is a picture of my character wearing one of these belts:
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Overall, I am cautiously optimistic about Mod 17, but there are a few things I am concerned about.
    • This feels a bit PvP-heavy. There is new PvP gear (PvP in the sense that it has a higher IL in PvP than PvE). I need to compare the bonuses of the PvP and PvE gear, but if it turns out that the PvP gear is BiS for PvE, then I will be extremely disappointed to say the least. Yes, it is fine to put some effort into PvP for those who enjoy it, but the PvE is why maybe 85% of the players are here.
    • The minimum IL for the new content is 24000. Now, that's just fine - it basically means it is true "end-game" content. My concern is for all the new players who have been struggling to reach 20K - and now the goal post gets moved again. We'll see how that works out. One side-effect is that it is harder to hit the minimum if you are still using L70 gear, like the Demogorgon set or the various Omu/Barovia pieces with fixed %damage bonuses.
    • The "stat cap" went from 68K to 80K for the major stats. That's just as expected, but it might mean that some players who got rid of their tri-stat enchants in favour of going "all radiants" might regret that decision now....buy yeah, this is absolutely fine.
    • Dyes and fashion changes - OK, its great. No issues there - nice QoL improvement. Happy with this.
    • Crafting. OK, maybe I am missing something, but I really thought that crafting would be made relevant again in Mod 17....as in - making L80 weapons, gear and accessories that people actually want to use. But, no...I cannot see anything. This is a pretty serious disappointment to me. It would be nice to get some feedback on this.
    • The Gith - OK, we already knew there would be a new race (but not a new class) this year, and considering the information coming out from WotC about spelljamming mindflayers, there is no surprise here - specifically, I am referring to the material related to Baldur's Gate 3. There is a very clear tie-in here, so , yea, the Gith were not a surprise at all.
    • Giant Frog mounts ? Seriously? I want a Giant Hamster mount!
    • The new Lionheart weapon set feels a bit mediocre. If you already have something like Alabaster, there isn't much of a reason to bother with it.
    • The Mad Dash artifact set has an interesting bonus (stand still for 6 seconds, and get a 10% damage bonus for 6 seconds), but the big question is if there is a cooldown, or rather, what the average uptime will be in a long fight, assuming you stand still.
    • We do get new companion gear as promised, so that's good....however, as I have said multiple times before, I would love to see craftable companion gear.
    • No boon points...or am I missing something ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    I really like the new Appearance system, but I'd like to make a request:

Can you provide an option to add any piece of gear that you already have in your collections to the appearance library, even if it costs AD or some amount of currency campaign to do it? The use case is: there are some unique items that cannot be obtained more than once (like Morlanth's Shroud), and some that require a considerable amount of grind to obtain (like restored gear from older campaigns).

This may not be a problem for new players (they can just add the item directly to the library instead of deleting them), but for existing players that already lost unique items or already did the grind for restored gear, an option to add an item from the collections to the library would be awesome, even if it costs AD or something.

I understand that Mod 17 is probably in a "fixed" state already, and no new features will be added to it, but please consider adding this in a future update.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

Can you provide an option to add any piece of gear that you already have in your collections to the appearance library, even if it costs AD or some amount of currency campaign to do it? The use case is: there are some unique items that cannot be obtained more than once (like Morlanth's Shroud), and some that require a considerable amount of grind to obtain (like restored gear from older campaigns).

This may not be a problem for new players (they can just add the item directly to the library instead of deleting them), but for existing players that already lost unique items or already did the grind for restored gear, an option to add an item from the collections to the library would be awesome, even if it costs AD or something.

I understand that Mod 17 is probably in a "fixed" state already, and no new features will be added to it, but please consider adding this in a future update.

You can do that already can't you.... right click and add to library (destroy item)
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• wilsonekpolskawilsonekpolska Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Was there any class change or will be ?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    mynaam said:

You can do that already can't you.... right click and add to library (destroy item)
    only for gear in inventory, not for gear unlocked on collection, we also have a problem with single dye not able to add to dyes library and helmets, some free appearance cloacks/neclace pieces and belts cant be converted to library yet @terramak
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    > @hitchslapped said:
    > sure would be nice if you'd sort preview so that i can log into to more than just the oldest toon i have on there.

Just copy any character over...https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Bag sorting is broken. Nothing happens when going through options..

Edit: Nvm, this is limited to my barbarian which got one of those items shown above (blank item - out of a zok box) who is also getting constantly disconnected now.

- Paladin shields do not get added to appearance change library and stay in inventory.
This discussion has been closed.