test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Its the GITH!!!!!

kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
Very, very stoked. First new race in 5 years.

Now I'm really looking forward to M17.

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Well, i don't give two fallen and grinded into fine dust Giths about any new race, i'm more interested in getting the bloody companions finally fixed! Or burning that batshit crazy RNG wall the Alabaster weapon set is hidden behind to the ground.

I mean, no offense, but what exactly is there to be "very stoked" about this? Besides issues with scaling and any other HAMSTER we still have to deal with every day, we would also have to pay either for this new race directly or at least pay for Race Reroll Tokens, which even after all these years still require to restart the whole damn game before we can use them.

Anyway, i guess this new race will have better bonuses then the Dragonborn, since they want players to buy the race and/or the Race Reroll Tokens. And i guess if they sell the race in a pack, it will be around 20k ZEN like the Delver's Expedition thing.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, i don't give two fallen and grinded into fine dust Giths about any new race, i'm more interested in getting the bloody companions finally fixed! Or burning that batshit crazy RNG wall the Alabaster weapon set is hidden behind to the ground.

I mean, no offense, but what exactly is there to be "very stoked" about this? Besides issues with scaling and any other HAMSTER we still have to deal with every day, we would also have to pay either for this new race directly or at least pay for Race Reroll Tokens, which even after all these years still require to restart the whole damn game before we can use them.

Anyway, i guess this new race will have better bonuses then the Dragonborn, since they want players to buy the race and/or the Race Reroll Tokens. And i guess if they sell the race in a pack, it will be around 20k ZEN like the Delver's Expedition thing.

I'm stoked because this announcement is a positive development. I'm looking for reasons to find enjoyment in the game, as reasons for me to continue to play the game and to look forward to what is to come, beyond all the frustrating issues that may exist in the moment.

If a positive development is announced and all you can think to do is express frustration about all the broken bits - why are you still playing the game? For the sake of your own mental health take a break from the game for awhile. Come back when you don't feel all Eeyore-y when you think about NW.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    New races do not really affect gameplay much, if any at all. Unless they got +10% dps. Which they probably don't.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    sorry but this is too funny for me.... a gith race? sounds too much like git.... or gimp race too me lol
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    http://prntscr.com/ocs6s1

When the Grinch meets Thundercats then you have the Gith.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I just wanna know it's racial bonuses. If it's worth, maybe one character or two will get a race change...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited July 2019

regenerde said:

I'm stoked because this announcement is a positive development. I'm looking for reasons to find enjoyment in the game, as reasons for me to continue to play the game and to look forward to what is to come, beyond all the frustrating issues that may exist in the moment.

If a positive development is announced and all you can think to do is express frustration about all the broken bits - why are you still playing the game? For the sake of your own mental health take a break from the game for awhile. Come back when you don't feel all Eeyore-y when you think about NW.
    A "positive development", really? It's just business as usual, drop a game changing module with a massive load of bugs, repair only the most pressing issues, immediately start working on the next module... rinse and repeat.

I bet a good portion of still active players are waiting on a new class for years now, but all they get this year is just another race with probably impressive bonuses that they've to pay for in one way or another.

The persons in charge around here have really perfected the art of shooting themself in the foot over and over again, and i'm not frustrated, i'm rather amused about how out of touch they're with their playerbase.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    regenerde said:

This would be GREAT! Maybe then we would not have so many high end players running around looking like giant lizards ....
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I saw a video that showed the Gith having +2 Dex and either +2 STR or INT, 2% stamina regen, and 1500 CA. Doesn't look to be better than Dragonborn at all.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User

sorry but this is too funny for me.... a gith race? sounds too much like git.... or gimp race too me lol

glitch race
    lmao or that too
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Gith are a great gateway to introduce the bard class, so we can become Zerth...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    meh...

Gith came into D&D in 1981 under TSR. They are found in the "Fiend Folio" 1st edition. It doesn't have the best illustrations of D&D to offer.

I am sure you can find better looking ones online. Gith as a playable race. I wonder how much they plan to charge you? This offers nothing to me, I play mostly humans, and all my characters are set. It looks like whale candy for new people to me. I now return you to the regularly scheduled deception inducement.

Have fun! <3

wb-cenders.gif

I just wanna know it's racial bonuses. If it's worth, maybe one character or two will get a race change...

Mostly nothing unless you are a dragonborn. I see no noticeable difference between my elf, half-elf, tiefling, or humans. Toss them all in a paper bag and see what falls out first. The race is something easy and simple for Cryptic to do. About the only way to mess it up would be the armature gets weird (just like the polar bear's legs last May) or the mesh doesn't get weighted proper (like the companion Aranea keeps losing her wig) or the textures.... well there are a lot of cosmetics that can go wrong. But that is all this is in the end, just a cosmetic.

Maybe 5 years from now they will have a new class?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

meh...

Gith came into D&D in 1981 under TSR. They are found in the "Fiend Folio" 1st edition. It doesn't have the best illustrations of D&D to offer.

I am sure you can find better looking ones online. Gith as a playable race. I wonder how much they plan to charge you? This offers nothing to me, I play mostly humans, and all my characters are set. It looks like whale candy for new people to me. I now return you to the regularly scheduled deception inducement.

Have fun!
    As I recall the Fiend Folio (bad art aside) was done by TSR UK.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User

We need new classes as well.
    Call me greedy but I agree.
  • shrineerune#9386 shrineerune Member Posts: 48 Arc User

I'm looking forward to the new race and story content as well! I've been saving some space for a new character, and now I know how I'll want to use it. :D I can totally grok the sentiment of frustration with the latest changes. M16 has been rocky and irritating and sometimes bugged in serious ways for me too, but somehow none of that makes me less thrilled about getting more of the D&D world in moving pictures. I'm old enough that I saved up for the Fiend Folio as a kiddo and loved those illustrations, and all the images and stories that I built with them had to happen in my head or be drawn out on paper until we finally had a cartoon to watch for a bit. hah For all the bumps, I adore Neverwinter and I thoroughly enjoy the time I've spent with it. New content is appreciated.

Anyway, I'm happy you are stoked and I hope nothing dulls that enjoyment. I'm going to enjoy making more story myself.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Wait... Githyanki? Or Githzerai? 0,o
    LOL well it better be free playable race now, +2% Endurance and +1.5% Combat Advantage as the racial bonus.

Why doesn't it look more like this?

That just looks like a moon elf, someone chopped off the nose, and painted puke green.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Whilst I'm not super excited about a new race (that we probably have to pay for), at least it is a sign that development is happening.

- saw the pic above, removed comment
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Basically to me this just says "We couldn't add anything complicated to the game, so instead we added a green re-skinned Dragonborn race as a way to generate hype and make money. Please buy the new race, and a new character slot, so we can continue to sell you the same broken, unbalanced content; borked crafting; missing quest NPCs and bugged events that we can't be arsed to fix. Thank you for your remuneration."

So, yeah. Not stoked. New class, maybe a bit interesting. Spend a mod fixing the bugs and problems that have been repeatedly pointed out, screen shotted, examples enumerated, that gets some respect. Actually communicating with your player base to find out what the issues are? That wins some points.

Packaging up more bling to try and get me interested? Meh, move along, nothing to see here.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User

Wait... Githyanki? Or Githzerai? 0,o
    In 5th edition lore there is a group of githyanki and githzerai who work together to reunite their race and destroy the illithids, The Sha'sal Khou. They might be basing the one "Gith" race on this idea.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Githyanki/Githzerai are like Vulcans and Romulans in Star Trek, same ancestry but different ideologies split them and evolution had small changes on the race. Gith refers to both, and as far as NW is concerned it's really up to the player if they want to be Githzerai or Githyanki (though either way they will be referred to as Gith).
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    We had already been told that we would get a new race, but not a new class this year, and gith make perfect sense, considering what WotC are doing - perfect tie-in to the spelljamming mindflayers in Baldur's Gate 3.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    in a few writeups of the neverwinter uprising module, websites are stating: "Gith, a race of psionic warriors who are seeking retribution against the Illithid." I am not sure if this is the official description of the Gith playable race being put out in press release?

Is there any hint that this playable race might have some unique racial psionic mechanics?

I am a bit skeptical that neverwinter would ever release another playable class at this point. would they not have to go back through all the dungeons/skirmishes which offer class-specific loot and update those tables for an additional class?

I was surprised and a bit excited to hear about Gith and some mention of the quest taking place in an asteroid. Can you imagine if Neverwinter ever did a spelljamming crossover with Star Trek Online?